£75 to cancel order? True or a con?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ranek, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranek

Ranek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I see the Vostro 1500 has changed offer today and for the spec i require it works out about £90 cheaper!

I rang the sales rep i ordered off (30/07) and wished to cancel and reorder and he told me its £75 to cancel!

Yet the website says:
    Consumers:
    7.3 Consumers may cancel their Orders for any reason until, but no later than:
    7.3.1 the end of the 7th "working day" (days other than weekend days & public holidays) after the day of receipt of the Product &/or of the Service Order Confirmation (as applicable);

Which is true?

2. maati

maati Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This can't be true! You got the right to cancel your order within 7 days. For free.

3. Ranek

Reputations:
    I thought that was true, i think he was just trying to put me off reordering as i spent £840 on 30/07 and the same system now comes to £722! Free Delivery makes a £51 difference alone!

Conveniently the second i rang back it was his voicemail saying he'd gone home for the day.

I'll keep trying if not ill ask to speak to a supervisor as he obviously lied to me to retain the higher price!

4. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    i thought it was free to cancel. is this just in europe??i cancelled mine after 2 weeks for no $$$

5. SideSwipe

SideSwipe Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    the website is always true, i suggest you ring them up again and demand they cancel the order without you paying anything and then shout at them for trying to con you into paying to cancel!

6. Ranek

Reputations:
    Just managed to get through to him and he "conveniently" remembered that i only ordered a few days ago and so he's going to check "something" and ring me back in 20 minutes.

I'm off to work in half an hour but i'll post here to let you know how i get on!

Cheers for the help

7. kirill

kirill Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ive been charged for laptop even though it was in pre production now im waiting for them to refund, so annoying. im in the uk btw

8. Ranek

Reputations:
    Im in the UK to.

You sure they haven't just put a hold on the funds? Most companies do that, I'd check with your bank?

My account shows all my money in it, but then under money available it's £800 less as they put a temporary hold on that amount to make sure you have enough to pay.

9. mtor

mtor Notebook Deity

Reputations:

I have cancelled orders before and was not charged

10. manishd3

manishd3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thats bull. You have either 7 days to cancel your order free of charge, or before the laptop ships. I'm not sure which.
    I cancelled my order today (after 2 hours of going around in circles) and no one mentioned a charge for cancelling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.