Quantcast Thinkpad X120e/X121

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Thinkpad X120e/X121

Having been initially disappointed with the X120e stated not being released in the UK/Europe, there was a post on the Lenovo Facebook page announcing that Germany would be getting it in April/May. Now it seems they have updated it and they are not releasing in the UK/Europe.
    Anyone know why there is this confusion with the X120e?
    There was a leaked 'roadmap' around that stated that the X120e would be up until Q3 2011 and a replacment (tagged X121e) would be bought in.

I just cant seem to see why they are not releasing it in area's outside the US, when it clearly would be popular, initially anouncing a worldwide release, then cutting it back, then announcing it then cutting it again. I can only think that as someone mentioned some sellers have a lot of X100e's left and are wanting to get rid of those (slower than expected) and skip the X120e for its replacement (whenever that is).

Just annoying as thats the only real professional laptop that combines the value of a netbook and power of an ultraportable and build of a thinkpad. Currently in the UK there is not really any competition, so why not release it?

http://wingsanlee.blog.so-net.ne.jp/...2c3a1.jpg.html

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Thinkpad X120e/X121

Why can't you just buy from a dealer from the US and have it shipped to the UK. I sometimes shopped at the Amazon UK and had no problem with shipping or prices.

The replacement for the x120e is supposed to have the AMD e450 sometimes this fall, but the improvement is small if I remember correctly.

Notebook Prophet

As far as I know its available for corporate orders even in those other markets where its not available for personal purchase.

your average user is going to go wow over the thinkpad edge instead of the x120e, thats probably why. too similar.
    Main Machine: Dell Precision M4600|Core i7-2620M 2.7GHz 3.4GHz Turbo|15.6" FHD WLED|AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Pro 1GB DDR5|Corsair 8GB DDR3|Intel Soda Creek 310 80GB SSD|WD Scorpio Black 750GB|Webcam and Fingerprint Reader|9 Cell Battery|Intel Centrino 6300 Ultimate
    Runaround Rig: Lenovo Thinkpad X201|Core i5-540M 2.53GHz 3.06GHz Turbo|12.1" WXGA (1280x800) WLED|Corsair 8GB DDR3|Webcam and Fingerprint Reader|6 cell battery|Intel Centrino 6200 Advanced--- Both: Win7pro x64

Notebook Consultant

I would order from the US, but i asked in another thread about the warranty, would i have to send it back to the US with any problems, and also dealing with the US keyboard.
    Pretty much decided to go for a replacment for my Toshiba M5 with possibly a T410i for the moment then wait until the autumn (Q3) to see if the replacment for the X120e comes to the UK.

Notebook Deity

I believe most current of the model have international warranty but Lenovo state that certain countries require documentation of importation.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X120e

Titanium

X121 sounds exciting.
    "There's a thing in my pocket, but it's not one thing, it's many"

Sony VAIO Duo SVD13233CXB | i5-4200U Haswell | 8GB RAM | Full HD IPS TRILUMINOS 13.3" Touchscreen Display | Windows 8.1

Notebook Deity

If the x121 should use the soon to be release e-450 it will have minimal improvement on the processor(1.6 vs 1.65) speed and graphic, what's interesting is that it is going to have Turbo Boost like overclocking call Turbo Core.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X120e

Notebook Evangelist

I wonder about the Turbo Core on the E-450.

The current Turbo (Ex: Thuban Ph2 X6 1090T) from AMD is a bit lacking, it boosts by a set amount if half the cores are idle. Its supposedly nice for Linux users since its completely hardware, though I don't have a Turbo Core CPU to test with.

The next gen Turbo (Ex: Interlagos Opty's) doesn't seem fit for ultraportable laptops. Its designed to overclock any core that has a load up until the chip hits TDP, sort of like a reverse of the PowerTune functionality in AMD graphics cards. Unless you're running a power virus type program, the chip should be overclocked any time it has stuff to do. From what I've heard, its more intended for server people so they can use exactly the amount of power they have bought from their rackspace provider and no more. Though you could say that stuff will finish faster so the chip can return to idle, I am a bit doubting about the benefit of that.

Lenovo Thinkpad X220

Notebook Consultant

Anybody heard any news on the replacement for the X120e, and if its likely to come to the UK?
    We have to make do with the Edge 11 over here

Notebook Geek

I live in the UK and got me a x120e from USA. I've just done a clean install with an OCZ Agility III. About to purchase 2 X 4 gig G.Skill RAM. I'm very happy so far with it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast