Quantcast Sony Vaio VPCSA plugged in but not charging

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Sony Vaio VPCSA plugged in but not charging

I been having issue with the battery lately. I plugged it into the wall, and Windows recognized the fact that I have it plugged in along with a status that says "plugged in, charging". But for some reason the battery itself is stuck at 29%. This issue has happened in the past, but back then it was stuck at 79+% and simply wouldn't go up (but would still be chargeable if falls below that amount).

Help???

Default Re: Sony Vaio VPCSA plugged in but not charging

Hi,
    your original issue, with the battery not charging beyond 79% sounds a lot like you activated the battery life protection in your Vaio Control Center. Unfortunately I've only got a German Control Center, but from the attached screenshot you should be able to see, where you can find that option.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	86748
    If activated, you can also set it to not charge beyond any point, e.g. 30%, which would correspond to you problem. Nevertheless what you describe does not sound as if that's what happened, but maybe it's worth a try.

Best wishes,
    Philipp

Notebook Guru

Default Re: Sony Vaio VPCSA plugged in but not charging

I'm having a similar issue when the lid is closed (plugged in, but the led is telling me that is not charging. Unless I plug it again.
    Now, the second issue you said is most likely as a result of the battery care feature.