Quantcast Vaio Z13 USB 3 expresscard problems

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default Vaio Z13 USB 3 expresscard problems

Hey guys,

I finally got a USB3 expresscard from AKE (BC628) and I'm unfortunately having issues.

I got a driver to install and recognize the card after trying out many different drivers. It seems I have an asmedia xhci chip inside the adapter. The problem I'm getting is that when I benchmark a usb3 harddrive plugged in through the AKE adapter, my read speeds are pretty low compared to my write speeds. Strangely, my read is 38.67 MB/s while my write is 78.64 MB/s. (seq speeds)

Is anyone else having this issue, and are there any good ways to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Vaio Z13 USB 3 expresscard problems

Take a look at this thread.

USB3.0 adapter in Z1

Hope it helps.

C.
    VPCZ13M9E/B
    Intel® Core™ i5-460M 8 GB RAM
    2 x 128 GB SSD RAID 0
    64 GB Express card SSD
    256 GB M4 Crucial SSD
    Resolution 1600x900
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M

Default Re: Vaio Z13 USB 3 expresscard problems

Quote Originally Posted by chronostorm View Post
    Hey guys,

I finally got a USB3 expresscard from AKE (BC628) and I'm unfortunately having issues.

I got a driver to install and recognize the card after trying out many different drivers. It seems I have an asmedia xhci chip inside the adapter. The problem I'm getting is that when I benchmark a usb3 harddrive plugged in through the AKE adapter, my read speeds are pretty low compared to my write speeds. Strangely, my read is 38.67 MB/s while my write is 78.64 MB/s. (seq speeds)

Is anyone else having this issue, and are there any good ways to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Oh, wow. I've got that exact same card with the same problems.. What seems to do the trick (if you want to keep using the same card) is that you have to put the laptop into standby before you plug it in. I was doing this for a while, but then I got the whole computer freezing in Windows 8, so now I'm purchasing a new card.
    Want to help? The Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) project is looking for developers, testers and helpers for icons and maintaining the website - link.
    Have any questions about MPC-HC or the Combined Community Codec Pack? (click for web chat)
    For video playback: xy-vsfilter & CCCP (use the bundled version of MPC-HC)