Quantcast Sony Noise Cancelling ear phones that came with the Vaio Z... - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default Re: Sony Noise Cancelling ear phones that came with the Vaio Z...

I bought a preconfigured model so I didn't order the Vaio at SonyStyle.

Apparently this preconfiguration (VPCZ12Z9E) does not come with noise cancelling earplugs, since the box was sealed. Strange since it is the maxed out i7, quad raid, FHD config.

I know of the SonyStyle configuration site in the screenshot, however no model/partnumber is specified and I can't find the earplugs in the accesories section. And although I would like to have those puppies, I don't think I'll be ordering another Vaio-Z to obtain those plugs

I'll call Sony tommorrow.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Cusem View Post
    I bought a preconfigured model so I didn't order the Vaio at SonyStyle.

Apparently this preconfiguration (VPCZ12Z9E) does not come with noise cancelling earplugs, since the box was sealed. Strange since it is the maxed out i7, quad raid, FHD config.

I know of the SonyStyle configuration site in the screenshot, however no model/partnumber is specified and I can't find the earplugs in the accesories section. And although I would like to have those puppies, I don't think I'll be ordering another Vaio-Z to obtain those plugs

I'll call Sony tommorrow.
    I have a theory. Since these plugs aren't standalone noise cancelling phones, they look exactly like my $100 Sony NC earplugs except they are missing the controller box. I think all they are is a pair of plugs with microphones on the side. The Z is what does the NC processing. In that case, has anyone just tried a standard set of ear plugs with builtin microphone to see if NC works with that?

Notebook Guru

Which software controls the NC on the Vaio? Or can't you configure it?

Notebook Consultant

yah, i noticed the earphones have 4 connections, i am assuming the 4th connection is the mic?

mine is a preconfig and it came with the earphones. actually all the preconfigs here (VPC Z126, Z127, Z128, and Z129) comes with the ear phones and cloth.

i wish we could order a CTO here, there were a few things i didn't really need.

anyways, i was browsing through the sony site in the USA and europe (pre config and CTO), i do not see a matte screen option as some people claim. its all the premium display aka glossy.

Notebook Evangelist

What is the exact model of these headphones anyway?
    Notebook: Sony VAIO Z12JHX/X: Intel Core i7-620M | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 512GB SSD |13.1" 1920x1080 LED LCD | Blu-Ray R/W | Premium Carbon Fiber Lid | Hybrid GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB/ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Backlit Keyboard | WWAN | GPS

Notebook Guru

I called SonyStyle in The Netherlands and they were unable to help me and tried to sell me €120 headphones.

I bought a preconfigured model (VPCZ12Z9E) and it didn't come with the earbuds so they don't come with all preconfigs.

I searched eBay and just ordered a pair of MDR-NC022 earbuds. Don't know if these are exactly the same as the Vaio Z's (SonyStyle couldn't find a model number of the earbuds), however for $24,99 I don't mind to take a little chance.

Can't wait to make those puppies cancel out the Vaio-Z's fan noise

Notebook Enthusiast

Which software controls the NC on the Vaio? Or can't you configure it?
    It's part of the realtek driver package. Don't you have a tray icon for noise canceling ? All options are greyed out until you connect the earphones. The driver detects it and enable noise canceling. Theres like a slider bar where you configure how strong is the noise canceling.

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by solvalou7 View Post
    It's part of the realtek driver package. Don't you have a tray icon for noise canceling ? All options are greyed out until you connect the earphones. The driver detects it and enable noise canceling. Theres like a slider bar where you configure how strong is the noise canceling.
    Nope. I haven't got a trayicon for noise cancelling.

My "Sony" (related) trayicons are:
    • Vaio Update
    • CD/DVD Drive Power
    • Hybrid Graphic switch
    • Synaptics Touchpad
    • Protector Suite 2009
    • Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    • Smart Network

I've also haven't got any Realtek related trayicon and haven't got anything related to Realtek in the Start Menu (Windows 7 x64 Professional).

Device Manager does display "Relatek High Definition Audio" as the sound controller though.

Notebook Enthusiast

Nope. I haven't got a trayicon for noise cancelling.

My "Sony" (related) trayicons are:
    • Vaio Update
    • CD/DVD Drive Power
    • Hybrid Graphic switch
    • Synaptics Touchpad
    • Protector Suite 2009
    • Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    • Smart Network

I've also haven't got any Realtek related trayicon and haven't got anything related to Realtek in the Start Menu (Windows 7 x64 Professional).

Device Manager does display "Relatek High Definition Audio" as the sound controller though.
    Thats weird. I have exactly the same tray icons as you do plus the realtek noise canceling one. I think maybe you should reintall the realtek drivers ? Try downloading latest versions from support website Sony eSupport - VPCZ122GX - Software Updates & Drivers

Notebook Deity

I had a Sony Walkman MP3 which did noise cancelling (the NWZ-S736) with the EXACT phones that the new Z comes with today. That was over a year ago now. The model no is MDR-NC022. Note that these phones do NOT work with any other devices except those made by Sony which support NC. That little bump on the jack prevents the NC022 from fitting into the sockets of other incompatible devices. The NC devices however do allow for the use of everyday headphones.

The mics on the earphones capture sound from the surroundings, sending that data back to a chip in the VAIO which then processes some anti-noise, which is then sent back to the earphones along with whatever sound is suppose to be played back.

@travfar
    That will require a firmware hack. There is a chip which processes the anti-noise. You would need to reconfigure the software managing the headphones and laptop mic to get the laptop mic capturing the sounds instead of the earphone mics.

@Cusem
    I know it is theoretically possible to configure how much noise the headphones cancel out on the S736, but not too sure with the VPC-Z. Though it is possible, theoretically.
    VGN-Z26: C2D P8600 (2.4GHz), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB Hitachi 7200RPM HDD, BD-RE drive, Hybrid nVidia / Intel graphics, Intel WifiLink 5100AGN, W7 Pro x64
    Battery drain fix-request thread
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/423924-sony-battery-drain-fix-request-thread.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast