+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Insyde hacking - New Vaio Z - Advanced menu in BIOS

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Insyde hacking - New Vaio Z - Advanced menu in BIOS

Where I can find the Fla?

Sony VAIO VPC-Z13A7E/B Ducati Corse Special Edition
    Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz 4Mb L3 Cache | 8Gb DDR3 @ 1066MHz 2x4Gb OCZ 3M10668GK| SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb S-ATA3 | Intel HD Graphics/nVidia GT330M @ 1Gb DDR3 with Optimus Tehnology/ViDock 4+ ATi 5770 1Gb DDR5 | 13.1" TFT LED VAIO Display Premium + 1600x900p WXGA ++ 16:9 | AZERTY keyboard (without backlit but I'll add one soon )| Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 | Advance BIOS v3031C3
    Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note

Sony Fanboy

Delete Messed Up Post
    Z1290X: 8.1 Pro | i7 | FHD | 2x Intel X18 RAID0 320GB | 8GB RAM | Premium Carbon | BIOS Hack | nVidia 3D Vision | Intel 6300 MIMO w/ Tyco 3rd Antenna | GTExpress WWAN | ViDock4+ GTX570 | 2x DELL U3011 | Ext Batt | Z-Dock & VAIO USB Dock | VAIO BT Keyboard | Razor Orochi
    P11SKX/Bl: XP Pro | Signature Black Crocodile
    UX490N: Win8.1 Pro | Core2Duo Mod | BIOS Hack | Broadcom CrystalHD | SIM Unlocked | 3G Mod | Ext Batt

Sony Fanboy

It is really easy:
    1. download freedos UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads
    2. Use freedos to make a usb stick bootable
    3. unzip the contents of my zip file into the root of the usb stick computercowboy.com/Downloads/VPC-Z_Bios.zip
    4. go in your bios and go to the boot menu
    5. make external boot device enabled
    6. move external usb hard drive up above internal hard drive
    7. boot off the USB stick
    8. hit enter on the first screen
    9. hit enter on the second screen (dont' worry it won't install anything on the hard drive)
    10. at the A:> prompt type C: and hit enter
    11. then type "F L A S H I T backup.rom /g" take the spaces out of the first word of that command, this will make a backup of your current BIOS
    12. then type "F L A S H I T hacked.rom /f" take out the spaces from the first word, this will put my hacked BIOS on
    13. remove the usb stick, set your boot options back the way they were

Now that the BIOS hack is done, enable the VGA Switch

http://computercowboy.com/VAIO/VPC-Z...VGA_Switch.jpg

http://computercowboy.com/VAIO/VPC-Z...nable_VT-x.jpg

http://computercowboy.com/VAIO/VPC-Z...nable_VT-d.jpg
    Z1290X: 8.1 Pro | i7 | FHD | 2x Intel X18 RAID0 320GB | 8GB RAM | Premium Carbon | BIOS Hack | nVidia 3D Vision | Intel 6300 MIMO w/ Tyco 3rd Antenna | GTExpress WWAN | ViDock4+ GTX570 | 2x DELL U3011 | Ext Batt | Z-Dock & VAIO USB Dock | VAIO BT Keyboard | Razor Orochi
    UX490N: Win8.1 Pro | Core2Duo Mod | BIOS Hack | Broadcom CrystalHD | SIM Unlocked | 3G Mod | Ext Batt

Notebook Enthusiast

Could an expert make a guide explaining all features of the VAIO-Z BIOS ? I see options that seem to be very interesting to improve battery life or performances. But because I don't know how to do a "Clear CMOS" without opening my laptop, I can't try by myself. I would really appreciate if someone could explain what is each option for, or the effect.

Sony Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Zebnastien View Post
    Could an expert make a guide explaining all features of the VAIO-Z BIOS ? I see options that seem to be very interesting to improve battery life or performances. But because I don't know how to do a "Clear CMOS" without opening my laptop, I can't try by myself. I would really appreciate if someone could explain what is each option for, or the effect.
    The options pictured in my post above are the ones that I use. I don't know too much about the other options. I use VGA Static Switching to install modded nVidia drivers, and I use VT-x and VT-d for increase performance with Virtual Machines, this would be good for XP mode also.

You can reset your BIOS with out opening it, just use the menu. It is called "Load Default values" or something like that, on the right most page of the BIOS menu.

Be careful with options you don't understand on the unlocked advanced menu, you can render your computer unbootable and maybe even unpostable, in which case you would have to disconnect the CMOS battery

Notebook Consultant

Hi guys!I'm having some problems flashing the hacked BIOS to my VAIO it keeps giving me this error:
    Error: IHISI 15h fail.Internal error 20 FFC00000
    FBTS permission is denied by user.
    Have no idea why or what have i done wrong i had tried all the possibilities including disable TPM,making again the USB,formated as FAT32/NTFS,i also tried another BIOS hack from a chines site for Z series but gives the same errors

Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz 4Mb L3 Cache | 8Gb DDR3 @ 1066MHz 2x4Gb OCZ 3M10668GK| SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb S-ATA3 | Intel HD Graphics/nVidia GT330M @ 1Gb DDR3 with Optimus Tehnology/ViDock 4+ ATi 5770 1Gb DDR5 | 13.1" TFT LED VAIO Display Premium + 1600x900p WXGA ++ 16:9 | AZERTY keyboard (without backlit but I'll add one soon )| Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 | Advance BIOS v3031C3

100% laptop dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by Profy_X View Post
    Hi guys!I'm having some problems flashing the hacked BIOS to my VAIO it keeps giving me this error:
    Error: IHISI 15h fail.Internal error 20 FFC00000
    FBTS permission is denied by user.
    Have no idea why or what have i done wrong i had tried all the possibilities including disable TPM,making again the USB,formated as FAT32/NTFS,i also tried another BIOS hack from a chines site for Z series but gives the same errors
    OMG, better keep your hands away from that or you will come up with a bricked Z soon.

Sony Fanboy

profy and I have exchanged numerous PMs and I am convinced he is booting Freedos into the mode where you don't have access to write the BIOS, there is a post on maybe page 5 of this thread about it. Could someone find it for him please? I am busy with work.

Also Profy, why don't you reset to defaults then set up usb drive boot only then try flashing again.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by pyr0 View Post
    OMG, better keep your hands away from that or you will come up with a bricked Z soon.
    Don't worry if i brick the Z at list a know that i've done it and not someone else but i will take care not to brick it
    Edit:I've read all the topic and found out that when i access fisrt option second menu freedos it gives me the same thing like the guy from post no° 225-229 from the same thread with the driver but seems that no one didn't find the solution for his prb so I think I will quit also even if the advance menu would be very useful,by the way i tried also the freedos boot cd only from the second menu of free dos but it's the same errors as i the post no° 336 from the same thread
    Last edited by Profy_X; 9th June 2011 at 06:52 AM.

a҉r҉t҉h

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerCowboy View Post
    The options pictured in my post above are the ones that I use. I don't know too much about the other options. I use VGA Static Switching to install modded nVidia drivers, and I use VT-x and VT-d for increase performance with Virtual Machines, this would be good for XP mode also.
    VT-x is a must - the performance difference between virtualization with VT-x disabled and enabled is enormous. And you can't run 64-bit VMs in most virtual machines without VT-x.

VT-d, on the other hand, is not going to be useful for the vast majority of users, and chances are that you don't use it. It allows direct I/O access to (non-CPU) hardware, but you likely don't have any hardware that has been assigned direct access by the VM guest, but go through virtual devices for access.
    If you run 32-bit guests and don't know[*] that you use direct I/O to hardware, I strongly recommend turning VT-d off. There is no need to expose the hardware addresses and reduce the total amount of addressable memory to the guest. It also makes it possible for the guest to crash the host, so it's best avoided unless you know[*] you need it.

[*] As in know because you exposed the hardware to the VM by hand-editing a config file, or verified the interrupt addresses and memory map of the explicit hardware you exposed.