Quantcast Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    I got Widcomm 5 working on my SZ160!!!

    I had to modify the drivers to support the internal Bluetooth device on Sony SZ series notebooks.

    I've been comparing the Widcomm software to the Toshiba software.

    Some advantages I found with Widcomm over the Toshiba:

    - You can synchronize your phonebook, calender and etc, on your cell phone with Microsoft Outlook.

    - You can also view and copy files on your phone in shell mode.

    - You can set-up virtual serial ports to use bluetooth in certain applications.

    - Some of these features are phone dependent and work with my Sony W800i phone.

    ________________________________________

    Download Widcomm 5 software: click here

    Download modified Sony SZ Bluetooth drivers: click here


    1) Uninstall all previous Toshiba Bluetooth software.

    2) Turn off the bluetooth device using VAIO wireless utility.

    2) Run and install Widcomm setup.





    It will say Bluetooth device not found, click cancel to continue installation.





    3) Now turn on Bluetooth using VAIO wireless utility. It should detect new hardware and ask you to install the device.





    Click install from a specific location.





    Select the folder you unzipped the modified drivers to:





    Widcomm should now recognize the internal bluetooth device.





    Widcomm 5


    Last edited by BlackG35; 12th June 2006 at 12:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Hi there, is the Widcomm 5 better than the one that comes with the laptop? Sorry I'm new to this bluetooth stuff. Thanks

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    You links don't work. Any chance you can host the files elsewhere?

    Mark

  4. #4
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonn298
    Hi there, is the Widcomm 5 better than the one that comes with the laptop? Sorry I'm new to this bluetooth stuff. Thanks
    Its a much more versitile and compatible bluetooth software.

    I just bought a logitech bluetooth v270 mouse and its was only supported by widcomm software.

    I didnt use the toshiba software much, but I believe this program has more services available.

  5. #5
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Quote Originally Posted by mkraft
    You links don't work. Any chance you can host the files elsewhere?

    Mark
    They work for me...

  6. #6
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Looks like you may have to register an account there to access the files.

  7. #7
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackG35
    I just bought a logitech bluetooth v270 mouse and its was only supported by widcomm software.
    I just bought the same mouse and it would not load the logitech software. However, I did get the mouse connected using the Sony software and it works just fine.

    LENOVO T400
    HOMEMADE BOX

  8. #8
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackG35
    Its a much more versitile and compatible bluetooth software.

    I just bought a logitech bluetooth v270 mouse and its was only supported by widcomm software.

    I didnt use the toshiba software much, but I believe this program has more services available.
    That's weird, since the exact same v270 mouse worked immediately with my SZ 160's bluetooth. Hmmm...
    ?
    Here's a question: Why aren't there any bluetooth mice with side "back" buttons?? They are ALL only two buttons plus a wheel! What gives? Is this a limitation due to the nature of Blutooth?

  9. #9
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkČ
    That's weird, since the exact same v270 mouse worked immediately with my SZ 160's bluetooth. Hmmm...
    ?
    Here's a question: Why aren't there any bluetooth mice with side "back" buttons?? They are ALL only two buttons plus a wheel! What gives? Is this a limitation due to the nature of Blutooth?
    Logitech MX1000
    It has side back-forward-app switcher, scroll-wheel w/left-right, up/down rocker, rechargable, and laser. Mine came with wireless desktop set.

  10. #10
    Notebook Geek
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Widcomm 5 Bluetooth Software for Sony SZ

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkČ
    That's weird, since the exact same v270 mouse worked immediately with my SZ 160's bluetooth. Hmmm...
    ?
    Here's a question: Why aren't there any bluetooth mice with side "back" buttons?? They are ALL only two buttons plus a wheel! What gives? Is this a limitation due to the nature of Blutooth?

    There is

    Try the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse...

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1