Quantcast Windows 7 Clean install Guide for Vaio FZ - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Windows 7 Clean install Guide for Vaio FZ

Default re: Windows 7 Clean install Guide for Vaio FZ

Very nice Guide !!!I have 2 questions.Will the guide be the same for a Sony VGN-AR630E.And secondly would it be the same guide if I were to load Vista 64 bit on on it ?I also have the means to install windows 7 64 bit.Home Pemium.It came with a 32 bit and a 64 bit disc.And if I am not mistaken I can do a Clean install of windows 7 even though it is an upgrade disc.I think you can go into advanced options,format drive ,and then install widows 7 64 bit.

R.R. 2455

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner2455 View Post
    Very nice Guide !!!I have 2 questions.Will the guide be the same for a Sony VGN-AR630E.And secondly would it be the same guide if I were to load Vista 64 bit on on it ?I also have the means to install windows 7 64 bit.Home Pemium.It came with a 32 bit and a 64 bit disc.And if I am not mistaken I can do a Clean install of windows 7 even though it is an upgrade disc.I think you can go into advanced options,format drive ,and then install widows 7 64 bit.

R.R. 2455
    For similar hardware the drivers should be the same. Also you can download AW-390 series 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 from Sony US support and extract them using Uniextract software. You can do a clean install with the upgrade disc. Various methods are available online if the upgrade product key fails activation after a clean install.

Notebook Enthusiast

Here are working drivers and software for the WebCam Motion Eye VGP-VCC4:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5mncwztggym

Install instructions:

- First install Ricoh (Sony VGP-VCC4) camera driver 6.1008.207.0 with the DPInst64.exe file and restart the computer.
    - Install VAIO Camera Capture Utility (2.7.03.09250)
    - Install Sony image filter driver 1.1.7.4020

Thatīs all, now all programs like Skype, Messenger and many others works properly in Windows 7 x64.

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by paconaranjo View Post
    Here are working drivers and software for the WebCam Motion Eye VGP-VCC4:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5mncwztggym

Install instructions:

- First install Ricoh (Sony VGP-VCC4) camera driver 6.1008.207.0 with the DPInst64.exe file and restart the computer.
    - Install VAIO Camera Capture Utility (2.7.03.09250)
    - Install Sony image filter driver 1.1.7.4020

Thatīs all, now all programs like Skype, Messenger and many others works properly in Windows 7 x64.
    The driver is already mentioned in my guide.

hi coolguy, do you know if this guide works on an FZ-240e? shall I use the same drivers aswell?

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by tyrmif View Post
    hi coolguy, do you know if this guide works on an FZ-240e? shall I use the same drivers aswell?
    You can use the same hardware drivers if your FZ has similar hardware.

Thanks a million for this guide, it worked very well upgrading my FZ21m to W7pro64.

I have one issue left that I want to deal with though. Back on Vista I had two audio interfaces, HDMI (a) and the normal 3.5mm jack (b). If there was no HDMI cable connected a) displayed as "disconnected" in the sound settings.

So what I did was that I set a) as default, and that made the sound always go through a) whenever I had connected the laptop through an external display (hdmi) and switched automatically to b) when it was disconnected.

Now, with my new setup, it looks the same, but the audio settings say that the hdmi interface is always connected, even when the cable is not connected. This forces me to actively change the interface every time in the settings I connect it via hdmi.

Why does it always show "connected"? Is it due to the graphics driver or the sound driver? I am using:

AUDIO_DRIVER_SIGMATEL_5.0Q073QD_6.10.5548.0 LOGO.ZIP and
    VistaWin7x64_185.85.exe (dox modified).

In my previous setup i was using STDAUD-01487701-UN.exe (SigmaTel™ High Definition Audio CODEC Driver 6.10.5614.0) and
    Forceware 185.20 dox modified

Notebook Prophet

Yonder, use the 6.10.5614.0 driver.

Thanks, I'll try that one.

Actually, I missed that I was trying an older one than the one included in your guide..I'll try that one, and if it doesn't work I'll go with the 6.10.5614.0 driver.

While searching I stumbled across these: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/top...n-7-and-vista/

Driver versions as new as 6.10.6255... Modded included many hidden features...anybody tried these on a vaio?

EDIT

I have tried the drivers...still the same problem. My HDMI audio interface always shows as "ready". So if I set it to default it won't work.

I'm thinking this problem is related to the graphics driver
    Last edited by Yonder; 9th December 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Notebook Prophet

Yonder you can try another new driver in the Sony FTP site. I am using the modded (myself) 195.62 Nvidia driver. Going to update my guide soon.