Quantcast How to UNHIDE advanced menu option in AMI Aptio BIOS (AW series)

Closed Thread
    Banned

Default How to UNHIDE advanced menu option in AMI Aptio BIOS (AW series)

Hello Guys
    I have opened this thread to gather all heads and ideas to find out how to hack Aptio Utility in AMI BIOS and make advanced menu visible ..
    What I've seen others threads Vaios like Z and TT , CS or some others have managed to uncover hidden advanced option ..

Any suggestion are welcome
    Thnx

I have one clue but I don't know if will work
    I downloaded all kinds BIOS firmware for different models AW
    I tried to extract them but I couldn't
    I have updated latest BIOS R1054Y2 but I could go back to R1052Y2 because old zip file was able to extract..
    But I didn't tried yet ..
    Last edited by Evoss-X; 22nd October 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Busy Bee

Default Re: How to UNHIDE advanced menu option in AMI Aptio BIOS (AW series)

Sony TT36G/D white 11.1, 256SSD, 8GB, Bluray BD, HDMI, 5300 wifi, Gobi WWAN EU, W8 64bit

Banned

Yeah
    am not bothered about any VT that is completely unimportant feature ..
    I NEED ADVANCED MENU unlocked ..
    Did you get it ?
    There are other features MORE IMPORTANT for me
    Last edited by Evoss-X; 13th March 2010 at 04:20 AM.

TDO
    Notebook Geek

You don't get it, or?

The AW uses a different bios and this bios has no advanced menu!!!

TDO

Notebook Enthusiast

I think this thread should be kept alive, I have the FW model and I want the advanced features unlocked as well. I think the procedure will have something to do with flashing the motherboard with a modded bios.

Hey Evoss-X, what threads are you referring to in regards to other model owners being able to unlock hidden features? I'll try to do some research myself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TDO View Post
    You don't get it, or?

The AW uses a different bios and this bios has no advanced menu!!!

TDO
    I don't get it ?? are you stupid ?
    I know it's different BIOS I have AMI aptio jeez am saying all vaios and other laptops have hidden advanced menu you .. some not ..

So where did you get it from that AW series don't have advaced menu ??
    Because they simply edited bios firmware in AMIBCP soft to show appearance on or off
    That you would say the same on vao z or tt if will be unable to hack and open that menu .. I can bet ...
    Why when I updated new BIOS latest on my vaio all sudden in advanced menu appeared VT enabled /Disabled ??
    Think Man !

Manuf. have purchased this program below includding change Logo and MM Tool Aptio !
    Laptop manufactures will purchase utilities programs and they will do with BIOS what they want ..

What I need is this program : AMIBCP v4.06
    and there you can see commands what will be shown what not ..

Last edited by Evoss-X; 23rd October 2009 at 02:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trojanwr21 View Post
    I think this thread should be kept alive, I have the FW model and I want the advanced features unlocked as well. I think the procedure will have something to do with flashing the motherboard with a modded bios.

Hey Evoss-X, what threads are you referring to in regards to other model owners being able to unlock hidden features? I'll try to do some research myself.
    Thanx man
    Sorry I forgot write that this case is regarding FW series as well

And yes on vaio z and tt models they hacked VT alltogether they opened advanced menu as well by typing overwrite programming codes ..

Logically if AW or FW has no advanced menu then symlpy laptop will not work ?? or what he tried to say I don'tknow TDO ..
    ALL BIOS mus thave configuration options to send address command to the hardware that would be stupid if there will be nothing nothing will work .
    all things such as usb Video PCIe ACPI, RAID mus tbe there
    That will be so enough for me if I will see there sata controller mode .. to switch it to RAID ..
    Last edited by Evoss-X; 23rd October 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Banned

Here is oneweb that guys discussing about the same ...
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/sho...546#post163546

@Evoss-X
    I have the same problem with my Vaio AW11S/B I can download my BIOS ROM but I can't edit it with anything. Have you found a solution to this?

thanks in advanced