Quantcast Sony Windows 7 drivers available

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Notebook Prophet

Default Sony Windows 7 drivers available

It seems that Sony is updating their FTP with Win 7 drivers. Some drivers are Alps touchpad(Win 7/Vista 64-bit), Nvidia 186.56(Win 7/ Vista 64-bit), Intel chipset, SATA driver, etc.
    Link : ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORIGINAL/
    (Look for the most recent dated drivers)

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: Sony Windows 7 drivers available

Where exactly in that link is the Nvidia 186.56? I can't find it anywhere.

Notebook Consultant

GRAPHICS_DRIVER_NVIDIA_ALBATROSS4_S6_8.15.11.8656.ZIP - don't know if this is the same one.

Is it okay to install these, or wait until they have the actual files listed for each support page?

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Rajesh,

Great find, my friend! I just wish Sony would organize this in a little more user friendly way. It is tough to figure out which ones a person might need.

As a service to our other FZ brethren here (including me), can I get you to make a list of which files are necessary for your FZ190? (And if you would designate any differences in 64bit versus 32 bit where a different file is necessary.) That can also act as a model for what files others might need for their particular model.

Thanks!

Gary

Notebook Virtuoso

I just want to ask a question, what do you need to install to make the volume slider (not the volume Fn keys) of my VAIO CS work?

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I just want to ask a question, what do you need to install to make the volume slider (not the volume Fn keys) of my VAIO CS work?
    You need to install (32/ 64 bit) SFEP driver, Sony shared library, Setting utility series and Vaio event service in the order mentioned.

Notebook Virtuoso

I already did (in the exact order) that but they still don't work?

All of my Fn keys work though. What have I done wrong?

Also, if I didn't follow the order above, I should uninstall all of them again right? I can uninstall MOST of them but not the Shared Library because it is not located in the Add/Remove Programs.

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaConchiglia View Post
    Rajesh,

Great find, my friend! I just wish Sony would organize this in a little more user friendly way. It is tough to figure out which ones a person might need.

As a service to our other FZ brethren here (including me), can I get you to make a list of which files are necessary for your FZ190? (And if you would designate any differences in 64bit versus 32 bit where a different file is necessary.) That can also act as a model for what files others might need for their particular model.

Thanks!

Gary
    Yes that site has way too any folders listed. I will post a clean install guide for Windows 7 once Sony officially releases drivers for Windows 7. Sony updates the drivers and utilities atleast once in a week in their FTP.

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by eli2k View Post
    GRAPHICS_DRIVER_NVIDIA_ALBATROSS4_S6_8.15.11.8656.ZIP - don't know if this is the same one.

Is it okay to install these, or wait until they have the actual files listed for each support page?
    This 64-bit driver (Win 7/ Vista) is for Nvidia 9300M GS, 9600M GT and other Nvidia GTX series cards. Since Sony is updating drivers, you can wait till Win 7 is officially released.

Notebook Evangelist

I hope there will be a driver for the z hybrid gfx driver.
    SirRobin

Sony VAIO SVS1313C5E Core™ i5-3230M / 6 GB RAM 1333 DDR3L SDRAM / OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256 GB Gen.2 / Windows 8.1 64 Bit / LTE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast