Quantcast Vaio Z Diagonal lines on screen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Vaio Z Diagonal lines on screen

Hi

I have a Vaio Z with the 1600 by 900 screen, since having it repaired (the bottom case replaced) I have noticed Diagonal lines from the top left to bottom right.
    I have had it in with Vaio Link, but they say they can see nothing wrong with it and sent it back
    The lines/banding show in the Bios so it is not software related.

Does any else's screens look like this? I have compared it with another model in the Sony Shop and that one didn't seem to have the issue.

1: Diagonal lines from top left to bottom right in the lighter colours, this is in MS paint.
    2: BBC web site, the Diagonal lines are clearly seen in the BBC blue.
    3: Sony Vaio Bios, is clear in the light blue and lightly in the white area.

NHT
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Vaio Z Diagonal lines on screen

You know, we can't see your photos, you need to do that:

I can't see any lines either.
    Sony Vaio VGN-Z31WN/B - P9600 - 8GB DDR3 - Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS & Intel 4500M HD - SSD Vertex 2 100GB

I can confirm this issue - I had my laptop repaired too and ever since I see those lines now and then (depending on my state of mind: if I am fresh and rested I see them easier than when I am tired and done for the day).

I didn't bother sending it back in, because they took nearly 3 months to repair a total loss of brightness (ended up replacing everything but the casing!). If there is an easy solution, I'd be very interested!

@NHT) you don't see those lines? they are clearly visible on (your?) pictures!

diagonal dark/light about 1mm on a real 13.3" screen thick, they are continuously (not single lines, but e v er y w h e r e). Well - I've got nearly used to them, but I'd prefer my screen without them

Notebook Enthusiast

Thanks NHT for sorting the photos, didn't know how to get them to show!

Lightenup, I thought that Vaio Link may have pinched a cable when they replaced the bottom cover. The problem with the repair center is that you can't talk directly with the tech who is looking at it, you need to go through a middle man whose english is not very good.
    Also you described it very well!

I agree with you though sometimes I think i'm going mad and that it's my eyes playing tricks but when I show it to other people they do agree there is an issue.

NHT
    Notebook Evangelist

Well, I see what you mean. I will check my Z
    Sony Vaio VGN-Z31WN/B - P9600 - 8GB DDR3 - Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS & Intel 4500M HD - SSD Vertex 2 100GB

Notebook Consultant

I had them in a brand new Z35X, they were so annoying I ended returning the laptop.

In your Z the lines appeared after that repair? Are you sure it was fine before? I was told it is a common problem on all Zs...
    VAIO PCG TR1MP | VAIO VGN SZ1HP | VAIO VGN FW21Z | VAIO VPC Z11C5E

Notebook Enthusiast

I didn't notice them before hand and I had been using it for about 7 months, but after I got it back it was definitely noticeable.
    So you have heard of it before? that's good to know as I'm sure Sony would know about it then!

Notebook Deity

Okay, several things.

First of all this is a different screen from most screens by Sony discussed at these forums. It's the DuraView and I don't know if it's been around as long as the Eco and the HiColor.

Second of all, Vaio link is going to deform the image which the tech sees so you really can't just stop there and say "Sony doesn't see the problem."

As I suggest to most people at these forums, email sonylistens@am.sony.com and send them the link to this thread. There will be no "accents" involved, only your descriptions.

Ultimately, though, my guess is that they either know about this and can't do anything about it (which the length of time repairing it seems to imply) or your computer was damaged in shipment back to you and this is something they will want to see to fix.

Email sonylistens@am.sony.com -- this will send your issue to customer service reps who will be sure that techs answer you....

Notebook Enthusiast

Thanks Derrida, I will email them. They are picking my laptop up again tomorrow.
    The only thing I am worried about is, when I was speaking with a Sony rep I got the impression that they are going to start to use the old 'with in specification/Sony tolerences' I will be gutted if this is the case as it is an easy cop out!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast