Quantcast Sony Vaio Zseries wireless adapter lost...

Closed Thread

Default Sony Vaio Zseries wireless adapter lost...

I have a Z570N (Vista Business) and suddenly the integrated wireless adapter dissapeared.The wireless switch is on but, no WLAN option in SmartWi , no wifi adapter found in Device manager, no card found in linux (lspci). No change after full system restore.
    Others have reported rather similar problems but none their final solution (Hardware failure, loose connection ??). Is this a common and known issue? Any other ideas?
    TIA

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Sony Vaio Zseries wireless adapter lost...

i had this problem when i received my Z690N. however when i blew up the whole preinstallation and manually did a clean installation of windows, i had no more problem on this

Hi Neoai! I have the same problem as yours. It begun 3 days ago. I still haven't found any solution. I don't know why but yesterday my notebook regconized wifi adapter 2 times, but after moment it disappeared again. Anybody helps!?!?

Notebook Deity

Use one of the following methods to access information on the wireless adapter and driver.

Device Manager
    My Computer Icon
    Network and Sharing Center
    System Tray Icon
    Intel® Wireless LAN Identification Utility
    TZ298N/XC Premium Carbon
    U7700 @1.33 GHZ * 2GB 184GB SSD + 250GB HDD/ WWAN / WIN 7 PRO

SVZ131190X Carbon Black
    I7-3612QM * 8GB 256GB SSD / PMD BLU-RAY BD-RW / WIN 7 PRO

iPhone5

XLH 1994 HARDTAIL/BOBBER

zimbros12 as you can see in my first message I have done everything you suggest and even more with no luck. There is no wireless card found physically even when using bootable linux cd.

I also have a z690n, made to order, bought in April and about maybe 2 to 3 weeks later, that happened to me too. It was weird. The wireless card would ramdomly disappear. It would suddenly just shut down on its own and when it started up, the wireless card was gone for days. Then suddenly it shut down again on its own, then it rebooted to a blue screen. I'd press the power button to restart it, then that crazy wireless card would appear again. Then again, after a day or two, it disappeared again! I called Sony to help with the problem, they told me to recover to factory settings, which I did, but still the card would not reappear. This was an ongoing occurrence, until today. They sent a service guy over to my house today to replace the card. (Funny today the wireless card would appear after another reboot, right before he came, I just picked up my laptop to move to another room and it just powered off by itself). I explained to him my problem, then he says its there now. Anyway he replaced the card about an hour ago. It seems to be working now. We'll see what happens as time goes by. I asked if the card was defective, but he said he couldn't tell.

Matti

Notebook Evangelist

i have been running windows server 2008 on Z690 for 2 weeks so far, and no such problem ever happened again to me