Quantcast Error 403 while trying to restore C Drive

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Deity

Default Error 403 while trying to restore C Drive

When I try to restore C: partition by using Restore C: Drive option with my Sony Recovery DVD, I always get Error 403 message. The other option, Restore Complete System works fine but that will wipe out all partitions in the drive. The Restore C: Drive option only wipes out C: partition and leave the other partitions intact.

How do I get Restore C: Drive to work? I have FW190 CTO.

Default Re: Error 403 while trying to restore C Drive

Just add SATA drivers after restore program searching installed windows

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by hendra View Post
    When I try to restore C: partition by using Restore C: Drive option with my Sony Recovery DVD, I always get Error 403 message. The other option, Restore Complete System works fine but that will wipe out all partitions in the drive. The Restore C: Drive option only wipes out C: partition and leave the other partitions intact.

How do I get Restore C: Drive to work? I have FW190 CTO.
    What is the size of the partition you are trying to restore to? And what size is the Sony Recovery DVD expecting that partition to be. Just a hunch, but I wonder if the partition sizes MUST be the same. At the very least I am certain the new partition must be as big as what the system recovery app is trying to create.

Do you get any text with that error 403?

Gary

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by dimm74 View Post
    Huh? This is not a Windows restore disk, the OP is using a Sony System Restore dvd. There is no need, nor opportunity, to install any sata drivers.

Gary

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dimm74 View Post
    Thanks. I did that and loaded the driver for Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller from a floppy drive. But I still got Error 403.

I thought that your tip would work since I did the same thing for Win XP installation and it worked perfectly.

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by hendra View Post
    Thanks. I did that and loaded the driver for Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller from a floppy drive. But I still got Error 403.

I thought that your tip would work since I did the same thing for Win XP installation and it worked perfectly.
    What???? If you are using the Sony Recovery DVD, when do you even get an opportunity to load SATA Drivers? Besides that this is not necessary when using the Sony Recovery DVD, it has everything built in.

I am still curious about the questions I posted earlier.

Gary

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaConchiglia View Post
    What???? If you are using the Sony Recovery DVD, when do you even get an opportunity to load SATA Drivers? Besides that this is not necessary when using the Sony Recovery DVD, it has everything built in.

I am still curious about the questions I posted earlier.

Gary
    There is an option to "load driver" if you boot from Recovery DVD. At least that's what it said with my FW190.

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

From a Sony recovery DVD or a Vista DVD? If a Sony DVD, then that is VERY odd. Most Sony Recovery DVD's are "self contained".

My questions still stand about the partition sizes involved and was there any text with the 403 error.

Gary

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaConchiglia View Post
    From a Sony recovery DVD or a Vista DVD? If a Sony DVD, then that is VERY odd. Most Sony Recovery DVD's are "self contained".

My questions still stand about the partition sizes involved and was there any text with the 403 error.

Gary
    It's Sony Recovery DVD. I tried several partition sizes, none of them worked. I even tried to delete all partitions and let the program running. I doubt that you have to use exact partition size. If it does, that sucks because I intend to use it only for playing or testing new software. I don't feel like wasting 150GB in a 500GB drive just for playing.

Hi, I'm getting the Error 403 as well. Just wondering if you managed to solve the problem?

Thanks,
    P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast