Quantcast Vaio Z Fastest/Easiest 32bit Vista Clean Install - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Vaio Z Fastest/Easiest 32bit Vista Clean Install

I am trying to do clean installation following this method for my FW290. I have tried a few times, but none are really successful. I tried to kill all the processes after the installation of drivers before it starts to install the bloatwares (AOL, etc). (I don't know how to kill all processes at one time, so, I did it one by one). I also tried to totally shut down the power, instead of killing them. I also tried to stop the applications, rather than the processes. However, all give me the "windows could not complete installation.Restart installation" message. Anyone has suggestions what should I do? (or how could I kill all the processes in one time?) Thanks.
    Lenovo ThinkPads T420; 41786VU; i5-2520; NVS 4200M; 8GB; 40GB Intel 310 mSATA; 500GB 7200rpm
    Sony Vaio FW290; P8400; ATI 3650 512MB; 3GB PC2-6400; 250GB 5400rpm; Blu-ray

Notebook Consultant

what vaio recovery option do i use, do i go vaio recovery center in windows if so do i restore complete system or restore windows and drivers? or do i restart the comp with the dvd in the drive, and then what option do i select if i do that. I don't have a vista dvd and don't want to accidentally uninstall the os. I've done this on XP a ton of times, but am a little confused with vista...

Notebook Guru

I don't have a vista dvd and don't want to accidentally uninstall the os
    Just make sure you use the create recovery CD Option before you try then no worries. I used the complete system recovery.

I am guessing the other option will work just as well as I believe it simply does nothing with the recovery partition.

Notebook Enthusiast

Any idea if this would work with a Sony SR290 or TZ340?

Notebook Consultant

So I never saw java and i don't have mcafee. the first thing i saw was smartwii, then some important looking drivers then mcrosoft works.... about at what % or other programs should i be ctrl shift deleting it?

Notebook Consultant

I did it again to no avail.

this is whats going on, tell me what i am doing wrong?

I go through the vaio full recovery process, the first progress bar finishes, the comp restarts, starts second progress bar,
    then starts copying program data to hdd
    now it start installing stuff, here is the order and what is being installed:

Smartwi
    Recovery center
    Alps thingy
    Some text utility
    MS Works
    OEM registry
    Puma
    Roxio crap
    Set Auto Failover
    Vaio help and support
    Welcome center
    click to disk and editer
    protection suite
    vaio dudmenu data?
    vaio wallpaper
    webcam
    windvd
    wireless lan driver
    vaio hardware
    something buisness
    renew CPU
    then some other vaio recovery center, think reminders?

So If i ctrl shift delete lets say after the alps driver or text utility thing will that work?
    some of the other stuff after vaio recovery center seems kind of important, like the text utility, puma (graphics card?), auto failover, Renew CPU
    then what is up with the other final vaio recovery center instalation, if i exit out before that will vaio recovery center work?
    If i exit out after the vaio recovery center i can install the drivers and programs i want through the program?

Notebook Guru

you can stop wherever you want. And install the individual drivers and software that you wish to install later.

Notebook Consultant

didn't work tried ending all tasks when it started installing ms works. but it wouldn't start vista said that the vista installation failed and needed to be restarted. guess i have the only z this doesn't work with...?

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by willymcd View Post
    didn't work tried ending all tasks when it started installing ms works. but it wouldn't start vista said that the vista installation failed and needed to be restarted. guess i have the only z this doesn't work with...?
    I had the same problem as you, all I did was end the recovery.exe, don't end the second one ("vista setup.exe" something like that). Once you end that process ("recovery.exe") two new one appears, end the two new one aswell it should automatically restart without those errors. Hope that made sense and helps haha.

NBR Super Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by r3pul5iv3 View Post
    I had the same problem as you, all I did was end the recovery.exe, don't end the second one ("vista setup.exe" something like that). Once you end that process ("recovery.exe") two new one appears, end the two new one aswell it should automatically restart without those errors. Hope that made sense and helps haha.
    I've just tried the method the OP posted for a few times on my new Z610. No luck at all. There isn't even a process called Launch.exe, Recovery.exe, or VistaSetup.exe. It could be that starting from the Z600 series, Sony has changed the way the system restore runs or maybe it is because my Vista OS is 64 bit...
    Quite possibly the STUPIDEST & LAZIEST IDIOT at NotebookReview.com with a lot of DUMB QUESTIONS!!!
    Please kindly forgive me for my stupidity & ignorance if my comments/questions ever offend you!

* Current: Apple MacBook Pro MC725LL/A; Sony VAIO VPCZ13KGX/X

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast