Quantcast Making mouse Click Quieter...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Deity

Default Making mouse Click Quieter...

Does anybody know if you van safely put somekind of grease or something around the mouse clicker so it's quiet?

I don't understand... Sony made a great keyboard that's relatively quiet and the mouse click is REALLY disrupting. Please don't say "just use the touch pad and tap zones, duh"

I love using mouse clicks as it's easier for me to get things don quicker.. But it annoys people in class.. I can tell...and It annoys me.

thanks!
    Night Black Sony VAIO SR|P8600 @ 2.4|4 GB OCZ RAM|320 GB HDD 5400 RPM|Intel 4700 GPU|Extended Battery (9 Cell)
    Official VAIO SR Owner's Thread

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Making mouse Click Quieter...

On my TZ, I find clicking towards the front of the mouse buttons (away from the keyboard) is much quieter than using the middle of the buttons... but I agree the regular click is annoying. Don't have a solution other than this workaround.
    Vaio TZ195N/XC
    1.2GHz Core2 Duo U7600, 2GB RAM, 48GB SSD

Notebook Geek

I know it's loud and annoying...what I did to "help" lower the sound is to use two finger to click the mouse pad instead of one. (try to cover the whole left click to "muff" the sound). I know it really annoys people, especially in the library (I'm actually afraid to use my mouse pad in the quiet-studying area). Hopes this help and let me know if it does or if my ears are playing tricks on me.

Notebook Evangelist

Why dont you just use "tap" instead of clicking the mouse? This doesnt solve the problem, obviously, and if you need to right click you still have to press the loud clikety clack button... i'm not aware of any tricks... but just taping instead of using the button will elimanate noise for left clicks.

On macs to double click you can set it so if you tap with two fingers it double clicks, kinda a nifty feature. Although the mouse pads synaptics is unveiling will have some fancy pants multi-touch too, im sure they will be on the succesor to the SR/Z...called the S and ZW or SW and ZS(wild guess at sony's obvious naming schemes)
    Vaio VPCSB-190X 2.3 Ghz i5 | 4 GB RAM | Black | 320 GB HD | 2 Yr with ADH plan (+1 year courtesy of amex)

Banned

Just wondering - and it may not be a good idea, but:
    Couldn't you cover the mouse buttons with some high quallity celotape?
    (One of the 100% glass clear variety)

AFD
    Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Justwondering View Post
    I know it's loud and annoying...what I did to "help" lower the sound is to use two finger to click the mouse pad instead of one. (try to cover the whole left click to "muff" the sound). I know it really annoys people, especially in the library (I'm actually afraid to use my mouse pad in the quiet-studying area). Hopes this help and let me know if it does or if my ears are playing tricks on me.
    Hey, you're right! Two finger click on the center of mouse button is much quieter for some reason.
    SONY VAIO VGN-TZ2000 CTO, FRESH START, VISTA BUSINESS (MFG 06/2008).

Notebook Deity

it's quietest if you click on the bottom center (near the edge of the clicker) of either click with one a tip of your finger.
    Night Black Sony VAIO SR|P8600 @ 2.4|4 GB OCZ RAM|320 GB HDD 5400 RPM|Intel 4700 GPU|Extended Battery (9 Cell)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by thebigpants27 View Post
    Why dont you just use "tap" instead of clicking the mouse?
    That's what I thought.

By the way, is it a synaptics touchpad? Then you can install tapzones.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Duke2007 View Post
    Does anybody know if you van safely put somekind of grease or something around the mouse clicker so it's quiet?

I don't understand... Sony made a great keyboard that's relatively quiet and the mouse click is REALLY disrupting. Please don't say "just use the touch pad and tap zones, duh"

I love using mouse clicks as it's easier for me to get things don quicker.. But it annoys people in class.. I can tell...and It annoys me.

thanks!
    hehe u guys

Retired

Sorry did not read that.

But is it a synaptics? Then you can also install multi touch gestures. Some people may find that interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast