Quantcast Vaio recovery loop - please help

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Vaio recovery loop - please help

So here is my story. My friend got a virus, i backed up her filed and inserted Vaio recovery CDs that were made by me 8 months ago. I've inserted the CD while I was in windows. I have restarted Windows. I get Vaio screen, then i get please wait and then I get the following error:

--------------------------------------------------
    STOP: C0000145 [Aplication Error]

The application failed to initilize properly (0xc0000006)

Click OK to terminate the application.

----------------------------------

of course the error is a blue screen.

I've tried inserting Windows XP cd, but the recovery loop takes over during the start up. I've tried loading bios but in the boot menu I was unable to select CD-ROM as the default booting device. Honestly I own thinkpads and I have no idea how Vaio bios works. I tried selecting the CD-ROM option with enter but no results. So right now I am stuck with a vaio with constant recovery loop and the windows CD is of no help.
    Would someone be so kind to help me?
    I don't know if this has to do with anything but the original internal CD ROM is not working. I used external CDROMD/DVD RW drive...

I was saying boo-urns

Default Re: Vaio recovery loop - please help

Hit f8 from when you start until the selective boot screen appears then select boot from cd.

Whats the problem specifically? Are you sure it's a virus?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." Bill Hicks

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WILLY S View Post
    Hit f8 from when you start until the selective boot screen appears then select boot from cd.

Whats the problem specifically? Are you sure it's a virus?
    clicking F8 does not do anything. the computer still continues its recovery loop... i only get please wait and then the error...
    to be more to the point, the problem is that i cannot reinstall windows either by old recovery CDs that I have nor Windows XP CD.

I was saying boo-urns

Well your probably right that it's a virus. I had the same thing a few times with my old laptop, constant restarts and bsod's (blue screen of death).

What worked for me was using "norton go-back" which runs before even the bios screen. It happened again maybe once or twice after i uninstalled it(expired product code), so i just let the reboot cycle continue until eventually,maybe an hour or two later, it landed on the user screen at which point i did a system restore.

Not a perfect solution i know but it may be worth giving a shot
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." Bill Hicks

Notebook Enthusiast

but should't the windows XP CD work no matter what? I mean you should be able to load windows installation process no matter whether you have a virus or not. what i think i don't understand is how to you vaio bios. in my thinpad i simply click "enter" to select an option in bios. in vaio clicking enter does not do anything. and i need my bios to be working normally so that i can set a default boot option from my extern DVDRW where the windows XP CD is loctated.

Notebook Enthusiast

bump... if no one call help me with this problem, do you guys know where i could get help? i really need to fix this notebook. thanks

Notebook Enthusiast

Can you tell us:

1) Do you have a Windows XP install CD (not the Vaio recovery CD) ?

2) If so, what happens when you insert the Windows XP CD into the drive, turn the laptop off, then turn it back on again?

-John

I was saying boo-urns

Quote Originally Posted by mattbiernat View Post
    but should't the windows XP CD work no matter what? I mean you should be able to load windows installation process no matter whether you have a virus or not. what i think i don't understand is how to you vaio bios. in my thinpad i simply click "enter" to select an option in bios. in vaio clicking enter does not do anything. and i need my bios to be working normally so that i can set a default boot option from my extern DVDRW where the windows XP CD is loctated.
    It should work. If f8 doesn't bring up a diagnostic boot selection screen i'm hoping it's still F2 to get into the bios screen? (maybe F12 either)
    I'm not sure if you know that since with your thinkpad you just click enter

From the boot section try changing the boot order so that boot from internal optical drive is at the top of the list.

Sorry for the late reply!

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

HELLLO!!!!!!

Folks, the OP is dealing with an EXTERNAL optical drive. This is most likely the issue here. If the BIOS doesn't support booting from an external device the OP is out of luck.

Gary

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaConchiglia View Post
    HELLLO!!!!!!

Folks, the OP is dealing with an EXTERNAL optical drive. This is most likely the issue here. If the BIOS doesn't support booting from an external device the OP is out of luck.

Gary
    So guys what do I do?
    Can I install windows on another computer and transfer the hard drives? Would that be illegal? Is it technically possible? Would there be windows validations issues?
    I am really really desperate, I have no money for a new computer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast