Quantcast Drivers Windows XP For VGN-NR110E/S - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: Drivers Windows XP For VGN-NR110E/S

same here

any info on the brightness controls will be greatly appreciated!

Notebook Guru

so you guys cant control the screen's brightness at all in anyway??
    is there a way just to reformat it to vista without the unnecessary programs preinstalled?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidKernel View Post
    I got XP working very well on my VGN-NR160E/S. I formatted Vista the minute I got this laptop (about two weeks ago).

1. Slip-streamed SATA drives using nLite into XP Pro
    2. Installed all the chipset, WiFi, NIC, video drivers from manufacture source
    3. Audio installed with XP auto update

Haven't done the MS and SD reader yet or the modem, but those are not critical.

Has anyone had luck with backlight control? I still get 2.5 hours without it, but I would love to get more.
    LiquidKernel, I have the same laptop! And I'm stuck with the drivers for XP =(
    Can you help me, please? I have XP on it already, but no drivers. Thank you.

Maybe somebody have VGN-NR160E Drivers for XP?
    Please help.

Besides the CPU type, stock RAM and stock HD, the VGN-NR160E and the VGN-NR110E are the exact same laptops. Just follow the rest of the instructions here for drivers, they will all work.

Quote Originally Posted by neokill175 View Post
    so you guys cant control the screen's brightness at all in anyway??
    is there a way just to reformat it to vista without the unnecessary programs preinstalled?
    I did make the Recovery DVD's before I formatted my laptop, however, when I tried booting off of them, Vista gives me an I/O error about 3/4 the way when its loading files. Tried asking tech support, and they don't know either.

Notebook Guru

i hope that theres a solution to make sony nr110e/s works fully functional with xp, if it doesnt ill reformat back to vista premium if possible
    i hope you guys can make this happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by mobius9 View Post
    awesome news, after poking around on the internet and reading other forums about downgrading sony's, I came across a page on sony asia's site that was specifically for downgrading XP. They didn't have any of the NR series, interestingly enough though, they had VGN-N series labeled. I took a look at it, and it seems to me that the hardware driver set is identical with the exception of the audio driver. I will do a test install with this and let you guys know in a few hours.

As for the SATA booting goes, there are 2 nearly identical files contained on intel matrix storage manager's driver set. The one you want to get is ICH8M Sata AHCI driver for mobile. There was a lot of confusion on this for me, but the right one is the AHCI driver.

Here are all the files that the matrix storage manager throws on the floppy:

http://mobius9.com/INTEL_MATRIX_FLOPPY.zip

you will need these files to get SATA running.

Now, I did not use my floppy drive for installation. I made my own custom install of XP. It was fairly easy.

First, download NLite. This is a program that makes custom XP installations. It gives you the option to make your install unattended, add drivers, windows themes, or remove unwanted elements of the install. Its a great program, here's my little writeup on it.

Install Nlite

Insert your XP Disk into the cd drive

Run Nlite, it will ask you where your xp installation is. Chose the drive the XP disk is in, and it should recognise it.

Next, it will ask you where you would like to save your installation. I'd suggest making a folder on your desktop, or somewhere easy to remember.

Next, Task Selection Screen should come up. Make sure you check Drivers, and Bootable ISO. I also like to check Unattended, so I have less work to do during the installation

Next, you have the chance to insert the SATA Driver. Click Insert > Single Driver. From the Intel Matrix Install Floppy, chose iaahci.inf, it will open up a screen of the contraining drivers. Select the HEM/HBM SATA AHCI controller (mobile) NOT WORKSTATION/DESKTOP.

Next, you have the options to change the default values of the XP install, you can pre-insert your serial number so you never have to type it in at installation, add desktop themes (MCE, Vista style, etc)... you can toy around with some of the settings that you're familiar with at this point.

Next, it will build your install of windows. Click yes if it asks : do you want to start the process

Next, the final step. You have the option to either burn your install to a disk or write it as an image file. I usually chose direct burn, as it goes straight to CD.

I'll keep you all cued in on the installation files, and I will host them all if it works.
    The link to Matrix......zip file is not working. I am trying to get the drivers to add to xp install cd I am making with nlite. The one floppy drive I have is not working so I can't get the files through that method. Can you please repost the SATA driver files?

I finally got xp installing on my NR110E. Here is how to do it. First you'll need the SATA driver file. Here is a link to it from Intel http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...4&submit=Go%21
    It's the 3rd one that refers to putting them on a floppy drive. I did not have a working floppy drive so I downloaded winimage. First extract the file with winzip. Then extract that file with winimage. You will now see the iaahci.inf file.
    Now you will need to download and install nlite and follow the directions in the previous post to burn the new win xp install disk. When you add the driver point to the iaahci.inf file. I hope the drivers are easier to install then this bs process.

Notebook Guru

just to verify, so you guys can not control the brightness while youre in xp right?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast