Quantcast Codec pack for Vista WMP11

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Codec pack for Vista WMP11

I have finally found a codec pack that works with WMP11. I hate the free copy from divx.com because it would always pop up with advertisements in the middle of my movies.

The pack in the link below will make WMP function with pretty much every file type known. It is fully customizable, so you don't end up with stuff you don't want.

IMPORTANT: It says it is compatible with previous codecs but I had to uninstall previous codec packs to get this to work. The install program will do this for you but you have to confirm it.

Here is the link, enjoy:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/
    Sony Vaio FZ-180E, T7300 Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 256MB NVidia 8400M GT, Blu-Ray DVD Drive, 5400RPM 250GB HD

Sony Vaio FW-455J, T6500, 4GB Ram, 1GB ATI Radeon 4650, Blu-Ray, 7200RPM 320GB HD, Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, Soon to be upgraded to 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Codec pack for Vista WMP11

Ignore that Kazaa crap and get a proper codec pack. You don't want a pack installing 5 different codecs to decode the same thing.
    This is the pack you want:

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Notebook Consultant

It is completely inappropriate for you to insult the material that another member provides for the rest of the forum.

The whole point of the codec pack is you can install what you want, and only what you want.

Not to mention the fact that you just completely hijacked my thread which is about the rudest thing you can do.
    Sony Vaio FZ-180E, T7300 Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 256MB NVidia 8400M GT, Blu-Ray DVD Drive, 5400RPM 250GB HD

Sony Vaio FW-455J, T6500, 4GB Ram, 1GB ATI Radeon 4650, Blu-Ray, 7200RPM 320GB HD, Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, Soon to be upgraded to 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Notebook Evangelist

nate_ohio, I think you're overreacting. Synthesia's post was worded that way for emphasis, not insult.
    Last edited by NinjaNoodles; 26th September 2007 at 01:02 PM.
    Premium Web and Graphic Design

Black flash after Windows loads?
    REMOVE BLOATWARE: Optimize Any Sony VAIO With a Semi-Clean Install!
    CONFIRMED: CR, SZ, FZ, AR, TZ, FE, NR | AWAITING RESULTS: NEWER MODELS | FAILED: NONE

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by nate_ohio View Post
    It is completely inappropriate for you to insult the material that another member provides for the rest of the forum.

The whole point of the codec pack is you can install what you want, and only what you want.

Not to mention the fact that you just completely hijacked my thread which is about the rudest thing you can do.

Yes that was a bit of over-reaction. All messages here are open for discussion, the whole point of such a forum is the EXCHANGE of opinion about various topics including this one. It would have been inappropriate for him to insult YOU, but not the material you mentioned.

Also no one "owns" a thread here. It's not YOUR thread, it's really OUR thread... all of us.

Gary

Notebook Consultant

So if someone said that your method for doing a Semi clean or clean install sucked and that you should do it this way or that way, You wouldn't be the slightest bit offended?

How did I overreact? I just merely stated that I thought it was inappropriate that he posted like that. I would have been alright with it, if he would have just said "Here's another good one" That would have been the appropriate way of posting it.

By the way Noodles, the semi clean install works pretty good. But I still wish that I had some retail disks to do a clean install.

NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by nate_ohio View Post
    So if someone said that your method for doing a Semi clean or clean install sucked and that you should do it this way or that way, You wouldn't be the slightest bit offended?

How did I overreact? I just merely stated that I thought it was inappropriate that he posted like that. I would have been alright with it, if he would have just said "Here's another good one" That would have been the appropriate way of posting it.

By the way Noodles, the semi clean install works pretty good. But I still wish that I had some retail disks to do a clean install.
    If you were the author of the codec pac in question, the analogy might hold. But since you aren't (unless I am mistaken), I think you are being a bit thin skinned. He didn't say anything about YOU or anything YOU created. He did say something about a "product" you suggested.

I would expect the same sort of reaction if I came here and suggested that folks use Norton Antivirus on their machines. I'd expect a whole barage of "oh no, not that krap", sort of messages. But, I wouldn't take them to heart unless maybe someone called me an idiot for suggesting it. I hope you see the difference.

Gary

Notebook Consultant

yah cccp is better -- just try it out you'll see that it is less likely to mess up your system

Notebook Evangelist

One thing I like about CCCP is that it doesn't mess around with file type associations as much as K-Lite does.
    Premium Web and Graphic Design

Black flash after Windows loads?
    REMOVE BLOATWARE: Optimize Any Sony VAIO With a Semi-Clean Install!
    CONFIRMED: CR, SZ, FZ, AR, TZ, FE, NR | AWAITING RESULTS: NEWER MODELS | FAILED: NONE

Notebook Evangelist

Wow, quite surprised at that reaction. If anything I would have expected a thank you for getting to know about CCCP which isn't that famous yet amongst most Internet users. Also check my emoticon usage before getting upset about it Anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast