Quantcast Problem with MS Presenter 8000 Mouse on SZ48

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Problem with MS Presenter 8000 Mouse on SZ48

I've tried it like a dozen times (installing, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers) but no luck; the stupid intellipoint (v6.1) stops operating and/or closes abruptly everytime I try to connect it via bluetooth (i have no problems getting the initial link-up but its when I try to get a constant connection).

I installed the recommended Update for Windows Vista Hardware 6.0 (KB925528) first. Then installed the IntelliPoint 6.1 32-bit for Vista software (both downloaded from the MS support website).

When it came to pairing the two devices, no problems. Then when Vista wanted to install the hardware drivers (and yes the mouse was switched on and bluetooth was active on my laptop), the little box comes up saying that the 'intellipoint software has stopped working or needs to restarted' or else I get the error that says 'the drivers found have been created for use with Win95 or higher and are incompatible for use with this computer' - what the?!?!?

This happens everytime!!
    Can someone help or have suggestions? thx
    Last edited by jpp8ang; 20th June 2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
    Sony SZ48GN/C -- Core2Duo @ 2GHz, Intel i945GM Chipset, 3GB DDR2-SDRAM PC2-5300 (Infineon + Transcend), Nvidia GeForce Go 7400, 160GB ATA HD, MS Vista Biz Pro

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Problem with MS Presenter 8000 Mouse on SZ48

I had the exact same problem with my SZ460 and the Bluetooth Presenter Mouse 8000. There is a solution, and then that solution leads to another annoyance.

The solution: You need to change the driver for your mouse to Intellipoint. If you go into device manager when the mouse is connected via Bluetooth, you'll see that it points to the stock driver from MS/Sony. Point it manually to the Intellipoint dll driver in the Intellipoint folder and you'll be all set. Every time you turn Bluetooth on and the mouse on, you'll have Intellipoint operating your mouse. That problem's solved.

The new annoyance: Every time you start or restart your PC with the mouse or the Bluetooth in the off position, a screen will warn you that Intellipoint "has shut off unexpectedly" asking you if you want to "restart or look for a solution and then restart".

I need my mouse's scroll wheel as a 'back' button, so I need the Intellipoint software to install. It's annoying to hit the "restart" button once a day, but eventually they'll get it fixed. Been using MS mice for 10 years and this has to be a Sony config issue.

BJ
    Sony VAIO Pro 13 Touch Ultrabook | SVP13213CXB | Intel i5 | 4GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Carbon Black | Windows 8

Notebook Enthusiast

thx boltjames ... i'll give that a go soon!
    in the meantime i have jst checked back on these forums after a 3 wk break ... and found this solution on this thread: Solution for when sometimes Windows Vista cannot recognise some hardware

i gave it a go by directing all the 'found new hardware' prompts to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and it works like a charm ... only snag, i've lost one of the two USB ports I've got :'(

i'll give it a go on the internal bluetooth device but a niggily feeling tells me it jst ain't gonna work any suggestions tho? will update either way - once i get over this initial feeling of joy that my new mouse finally works!!
    Sony SZ48GN/C -- Core2Duo @ 2GHz, Intel i945GM Chipset, 3GB DDR2-SDRAM PC2-5300 (Infineon + Transcend), Nvidia GeForce Go 7400, 160GB ATA HD, MS Vista Biz Pro

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jpp8ang View Post
    i'll give it a go on the internal bluetooth device but a niggily feeling tells me it jst ain't gonna work any suggestions tho? will update either way - once i get over this initial feeling of joy that my new mouse finally works!!
    ok so i got the internal bluetooth to recognise and connect to the BT mouse successfully but it appears that i've lost a couple of functions: 1) instant viewer; 2) magnify and 3) mouse is a little slow to respond when scrolling but nothing i can't live with when travelling. The presenter functions all seem to work fine when i make the switch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jpp8ang View Post
    ok so i got the internal bluetooth to recognise and connect to the BT mouse successfully but it appears that i've lost a couple of functions: 1) instant viewer; 2) magnify and 3) mouse is a little slow to respond when scrolling but nothing i can't live with when travelling. The presenter functions all seem to work fine when i make the switch.
    why don't u install the intellimouse software.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bmnotpls View Post
    why don't u install the intellimouse software.
    intellipoint 6.1 is already installed ... along with the microsoft hotfix [Reliability update for USB stack in Windows Vista 32-bit (KB925528)] boltjames has suggested the inability for intellipoint software to work completely with the internal bluetooth, may be due to a sony config issue!?!?!