Quantcast Official Sony Vaio F Series Owners Thread *Part 6* - Page 280

+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 327 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3269
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Official Sony Vaio F Series Owners Thread *Part 6*

Default Re: Official Sony Vaio F Series Owners Thread *Part 6*

Every time i run Call of Duty Black Ops, my F Series starts heating up then shuts down...

I disassembled it and removed the dust that was accumulated but its still the same. Way back, when this was new, I could run a lot of programs and it would never give in, my F Series could take the load. Now its having a hard time with just one program.

I really need some help. Thanks...

All ways are my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bngsdad View Post
    Every time i run Call of Duty Black Ops, my F Series starts heating up then shuts down...

I disassembled it and removed the dust that was accumulated but its still the same. Way back, when this was new, I could run a lot of programs and it would never give in, my F Series could take the load. Now its having a hard time with just one program.

I really need some help. Thanks...
    If all of the dust is cleaned out and you're still having issues, you should check the thermal paste.

Alienware m17x r4 | Stealth Black | i7-3720 | NVIDIA 680m | Crucial M4 512GB | Hitachi 7K750 | Full HD | 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Blu Ray

Check out my Hitachi 7K750 benchmarks!
    Make the Win7 taskbar THINNER when on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by anseio View Post
    If all of the dust is cleaned out and you're still having issues, you should check the thermal paste.
    i'll do that... thanks for the reply anseio

All ways are my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Classact View Post
    My f series laptop feel slow.

I thought meant to be quad core. I just use Microsoft office, download, play games like call of duty and browse web and don't feel fast. Is meant to handle loads things.

Also don't seem like turbo boost works, thought it would if alot of things are open.

Anyone now what causing laptop not to go fast and stuck at slow speed if with quad core ad how to activate turbo boost.
    The LAST of your problems would be the processor. At the time the F1 series was sold, it came with the most powerful class of mobile CPU's on the market. To complaint that it's slow is to show that you don't know much about the product. That aside...

You've mentioned things that all depend on a NOT FULL hard drive, as well as a properly defragmented (and/or partitioned) one. That you like to have lots of things open also claims that you may be filling up your available RAM, thus forcing your VAIO to do more paging back to the HDD. If the HDD is not at optimal performance, this will lend to even greater slow downs... the least of which have to do with your quad-core processor.

Please do not ask me how to defragment, partition, or monitor RAM usage. All of this has been discussed at great length over many forums and many computers. These solutions can be found using simple internet searches.

Good luck!

p.s. - If you invest in a decent solid state drive, you'll notice a phenomenal increase in performance.

Alienware m17x r4 | Stealth Black | i7-3720 | NVIDIA 680m | Crucial M4 512GB | Hitachi 7K750 | Full HD | 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Blu Ray

All ways are my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Classact View Post
    Appreciate all help.

I sorry I know processor is very powerful thought slow laptop was because of that but I wrong.

I think HDD full as got 50gb free space so could be why slow. If u defrag and partition will it be faster.

Also I thought that quad core handle lots of tasks I have 8gb ram so thought would be plenty doing alot of things and quad core handling all. Am I wrong. Also could be wrong should not be turbo boost of 2.8ghz. I just can't feel speed happening.

I know defrag as I use windows defrag. Partition think I know as read guide here somewhere reading back thread.

I would get ssd drive but expensive. I know there very fast.

Appreciate help good people here.
    Your HDD is almost 90% full. That's too full. Your OS and program files are spread all across the platter, causing much slowdown. Get SmartDefrag and let it optimize your disk for you. Partitioning, involving that much data, will require a 2nd hard drive to offload your files to so that a partition can be made and the data moved back.

At no point in time is your processor causing the problem. RAM either, unless its full as well.

Notebook Virtuoso

Hey people. Today is the day when I lost my laptop which I liked so much. I sold it
    The guy who I sold it looked nice and he is also VAIO fan like I am and likes VAIO for its great design and built quality. Besides he also got CoolerMaster Notepal U2, latest I7 I could put in it (840QM), fast and reliable Samsung 830 SSD, quicker CL8-8-8-21 RAM on 1333Mhz and all other benefits from me like modded BIOS, 2nd HDD caddy with OEM Samsung 640GB HDD, ExpressCard to USB 3.0 and of course close to forever technical support from me! Who else on the market offers almost lifetime James D's support I ask you? I doubt someone does it for even limited time LOL.

Anyway, I am sure he is lucky to have my laptop. And I will stay without good laptop for now. It will save my eyes and time.

But for you all, even though I am officially VAIOless (or VAIO-Fless) I still stay with you as I found that I just can't fully ignore this so native to me Thread.

P.S. I just hope that no one gives me infraction for using grain of joke this time
    Last edited by James D; 7th November 2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Even genius without a proper knowledge can be mislead
    CURRENT MSI GE70 0NC with CoolerMaster Notepal U3|3920XM @3.8GHzx4|OCed GT 650M @1130MHz/8GB SAMSUNG @1866Mhz CL11 RAM|1920x1080 FullHD MATTE screen|Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Notebook Consultant

So you finally sold it...Anyway, as long as you are happy, then that's good.

P.S.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-VAIO-...item2324ce16c8

might want to have a look if you are still thinking of a F13?
    Sony Vaio VPCF13S0E/B | i7-840QM | NVIDIA GT 425M | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB Samsung 840 Pro (OEM) | 1080P Premium Matte | Win 7 HP |
    Self Mod/Upgrade: Premium Black Palmrest | Backlit Keyboard | BD-XL Writer
    Add On: CoolerMaster NotePal U3 | HD82E Video Capture Card (express card 34)

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by doraemon801 View Post
    So you finally sold it...Anyway, as long as you are happy, then that's good.

P.S.
    Sony VAIO VPCF13Z0E 16.4" (Intel Core i7, 1.73 GHz, 6 GB) Laptop - No O/S 4905524741889 | eBay
    Nah. It would be stupid to sell laptop with expensive 840QM I bought so hard and now buy with cheap 740QM. At this time I stay without a laptop. Even if I buy smth at the Black Friday it gonna be 17" with bigger vertical space I wanted so much in VAIO. And therefore FHD as 900p for 17" isn't enough. Also it will be easy overclockable especially about FSB which increases SATA speed too even though it is just 2%. Besides If I buy then my father will get the laptop and then send it via ocean... at least 3 month waiting time. This is the downside of what I did. But when I get it it gonna be a plus
    Even genius without a proper knowledge can be mislead
    CURRENT MSI GE70 0NC with CoolerMaster Notepal U3|3920XM @3.8GHzx4|OCed GT 650M @1130MHz/8GB SAMSUNG @1866Mhz CL11 RAM|1920x1080 FullHD MATTE screen|Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by valsf11 View Post
    Anyone tried to upgrade their F machines to windows 8? I have a VPCF11Z1E/BI and is not listed in the Sony website as supported for upgrade. Actually Sony doesn't even recognize my Serial number anymore!!! (thanks Sony for dumbing a 2000$ machine bought just last year). Anyways, I was just wondering about drivers issues like camera, card readers, etc.
    I have a VPCF126FM and I installed Windows 8 Pro. I've had no issues at all. Keep one thing in mind when upgrading, the fact that windows 8 doesn't have the codecs to play a dvd or bluray. There is a microsoft site however to get a free serial key to install windows media player that will be effective until sometime in Jan or Feb of 2013. Windows 8 Media Player only works for dvd's however. You would need to download a 3rd party software to play blurays from what i've seen.

Hi@all,

I am new here and hope to get some help from you. Thanks in advance. I have a F12C5E and my battery power is quite poor. So I would like to buy a new one, ab big capacity one if possible. Where can I buy it? The original version is very expensive, is there a replacement one you can recommend? I already searched in this thread and could not find a proper anwer, maybe I have overseen the right one. If so, apolgies in advance. :-) I already know that many replacement batteries in ebay etc do not work with my 64-bit Win7 Pro (I do not know the exact reason). So is there one working I can buy? If not a big capacity one also a standard capacity battery will help.

The second thing is that my premium display shows a small white horizontal stripe in the upper third of the screen. Do you know the problem? It is not an issue caused by the NVIDIA card cause via HDMI and external panels there is no stripe, all clean and sharp. So I assume it is a problem wirth the panel or with some connectors.... Can you help?

Many Thanks
    Regards