Quantcast Official VAIO E Series Owners Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 363 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Maiku Hama Yokohama

Default Official VAIO E Series Owners Thread

Hi,

just felt like it's time to make official thread for this new series. As I was a bit disappointed with the new F model, I got very excited when the EB series was announced.

FullHD on 15.5 screen and ATI HD5650 1GB in a nice body with many color possibilities? Very nice!

Too bad there are no information about this new series on Japanese SonyStyle. I'm curious with what kind of components it'll be possible to configure the new models in Japan. The other shops are a bit confusing. While US SonyStyle is offering just 1366x768, on UK Sonystyle you can choose version with FullHD.

Now just wait for first reviews to come out to know more about the quality of the FullHD screen and the cooling system. Maybe there will be even possibility of i7 in the future models (?). Looking forward to meet this machine

eM.
    Last edited by Metsn; 18th February 2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Sony VGN-Z90US, C2D P9500 2.53 GHz, 13.1 1600x900, hybrid graphics (Intel 4500MHD x GeForce 9300M GS 256 MB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 160GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD, Blu-Ray Read/Write Drive, Japanese keyboard, Gothic Arabesque Premium Design, Win8Pro x64
    Lenovo X1 Carbon

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Official VAIO E Series Owners Thread

Was only a matter of time. If it is true about the EA and EC then this thread might grow quite large...

Maiku Hama Yokohama

Default Re: Official VAIO EB Series Owners Thread

I believe so. It's a pity that all first reviews and hands on are having the low resolution one with i3 and integrated graphics.

It seems like Sony wants to attract various market targets with this line. From low budget ones to gamers.

I would be curious about performance of the top model (i5/i7 + HD5650 + FullHD).

I just hope the FullHD screen will be nice and the quality of the speakers acceptable
    Sony VGN-Z90US, C2D P9500 2.53 GHz, 13.1 1600x900, hybrid graphics (Intel 4500MHD x GeForce 9300M GS 256 MB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 160GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD, Blu-Ray Read/Write Drive, Japanese keyboard, Gothic Arabesque Premium Design, Win8Pro x64
    Lenovo X1 Carbon

Notebook Consultant

Me as well. I know it might sound a little overboard, but I've been waiting 3 months to get my hands on a Sony.

I started at the SR, then grew to the CW and now I am seriously looking at the EB. I am thinking that CW is 2 heavy to carry every day and while good at games, not really a gaming machine. Instead i'm thinking EB and an S. They would be a great couple I think!

Now I have to wait till they hit the smaller stores!

Notebook Consultant

Gb Re: Official VAIO EB Series Owners Thread

Just ordered. (... for my wife !)
    Last edited by tausif; 3rd February 2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: qualifying remark
    VPCF11C5E / European Premium Black CTO/ 500 GB Serial ATA (7200 rpm) / 8 GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM / Blu-ray Disc(TM) writer / 3 yr warranty.
    **retrofitted with US backlit keyboard**

Notebook Consultant

Me too. Ordered mine through the UK Sony Style site. I talked to the sales rep on the phone and I was told the laptop should arrive in 2 weeks time....so let's hope they stay on time!

Notebook Guru

why has sony moved from an i7 to an i5. which one is more powerful?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Asdamine View Post
    Me too. Ordered mine through the UK Sony Style site. I talked to the sales rep on the phone and I was told the laptop should arrive in 2 weeks time....so let's hope they stay on time!
    Yes, I'm really hoping that's the case. I need it in time for my wife's birthday in early March.
    VPCF11C5E / European Premium Black CTO/ 500 GB Serial ATA (7200 rpm) / 8 GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM / Blu-ray Disc(TM) writer / 3 yr warranty.
    **retrofitted with US backlit keyboard**

Notebook Deity

Ca Re: Official VAIO EB Series Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shihouin View Post
    why has sony moved from an i7 to an i5. which one is more powerful?
    The i5 is actually more power-efficient, more computing speed per watt. The i7 has the greater POTENTIAL calculating speed overall.

Notebook Guru

thanks MelodyMaster. i might get this one if it comes with a blu ray writer.

Page 1 of 363 123451151101 ... LastLast