This is a good question actually. The 5650 is clocked at 450/800 Mhz on the E. This is why we get ~6000 3dmark06, while other laptops with similar specs are over 7000. No luck at overclock yet with 10.3 beta. Max supported clocks for the 5650 is 650/800... way to go Sony.
- machine is pretty well built
- feels solid with no creaks or flex
- keyboard feels good with no flex...however I need to get used to the keyboard and the touchpad that got shifted to the left because of the number pad
- machine looks nice (I got the black version)
- I didn't like the touchpad...it's rough and not very sensitive (perhaps some setting or a hardware fault)
- the full HD screen is awesome! everything was clear and sharp
- fan is almost silent when running
- tried a blueray movie and it was stunning plus the drive ran quiet too
That's it for now. Will post pics and 3dmark06 results later.
Thanks for the info.
How is batery life? can you switch to intel IGP ? (does bios have the option to use intel IGP instead of ati)
And is the processor soldered to MB ?
Originally Posted by macedonia
wow... that's almost a no-go for me. What's the point on having a flashy 5650, if it's badly handicapped? That may make me go for a F series instead (that and the nice non-glare screen).
I may have missed this previously in the thread, but when exactly will this laptop be out in the US? Best Buy doesn't seem to know and the Sony Style site still lists it for "Pre-Order" with no definite date it will be available. I need a new laptop and I'm getting impatient and may just go with the CW instead if the EB wont be out any time soon.