Quantcast Official Sony VAIO TT Series Owners Thread - Page 221

+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2327
    Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: Official Sony VAIO TT Series Owners Thread

So, I was forced to format and re-install windows 7 during the weekend. So, I decided to do a 64bit install. It all went well, and I thought I installed the Vaio drivers and software correctly, but I still am not able to adjust brightness, via the hardware keys. Nor am I able to adjust battery care functions. Any ideas?
    Sony Vaio TT-160N 4gb of ram.

@rachel
    Did you do CPU upgrade in your vaio? If yes- did you do reballing?
    thanks

Busy Bee

Hi qweq3, no i didn't. I think if i really wanted to do that i would buy a second TT and get that done.
    Sony TT36G/D white 11.1, 256SSD, 8GB, Bluray BD, HDMI, 5300 wifi, Gobi WWAN EU, W8 64bit

I asked because I've found your post where you wrote that vaiorefurbs did reballing for you.

Today I bought Vaio TT with 1,4ghz core 2 duo, but maybe I will buy another one with 1,6ghz

Vaio TT is still my favourite netbook. New Macbook Air gets much better screen, touchpad, keyboard (and it's backlit), CPU and GPU, but still there is no card reader, modem or docking station port (and offcourse optical drive).

Sad thing is that Vaio TT blu-ray don't read DVD-DL, I use them a lot, so probably I won't do Blu-ray upgrade.

Busy Bee

Yes, vaiorefurbs has done reballing for me but this was for a older gen U7XX laptop. When i tried to see if he could if he could do reballing for this gen cpu for another ulv laptop he said that he didn't have the tools needed. He said he could do it if i bought a new cpu and they could do it that way. This was a while ago and he might have obtained the tools needed by now. May be email them if you're interested.
    Sony TT36G/D white 11.1, 256SSD, 8GB, Bluray BD, HDMI, 5300 wifi, Gobi WWAN EU, W8 64bit

Notebook Evangelist

Anyone using Windows 8 Consumers Preview? I am interested since I an still using Vista Business.
    I just downloaded it and installed it on my TT. Took more than 2 hrs to download, and maybe another hour to install (these timings are approximate as I did not really time it). A few things does not work:

The mouse pad works but cannot scroll. Tries to installed an ALPs driver which is what I use on Vista.

Vaio Functions keys do not work.

Finger print scanner does not work, but I do not use it.

Anyone testing windows 8 has any solutions?
    TT180C, SU9300, 3GB ddr3, 160 GB HDD, Vista Business/Linux Squeeze dual boot.

Hello Everyone,

I am an owner of a Sony Vaio TT46GG. Just recently I dropped my laptop and the corner of of the keyboard panel chipped off .... does anyone know where i can find replacement parts where I can replace the upper keyboard panel ? or is it not worth fixing?

also this question has been probably answer countless time but i was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best SSD for battery life i can upgrade to? also when i swap the HDD for SSD ... is there an adapter i need to buy or is it a direct swap?
    I've been looking at this SSD
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-SSDNo...2738537&sr=8-1

Thanks everyone and good to see other TT owners
    Last edited by panda88; 26th March 2012 at 02:09 AM.

Yui
    Notebook Enthusiast

Need to repair DC-IN jack. Are there any description how to remove/replace it?

Busy Bee

May be ebay for cheaper parts or sparepartswarehouse or servicesales.sel.sony.com

The Samsung MZUPA2560/0D1 i believe is a G3 Samsung drive. It is a balanced performer and should have low power consumption. No, you do not need to buy another adapter for the model that you own to do this upgrade.
    This thread might be worth a look as well, the front page lists different micro sata drives available.
    mSATA & 1.8" SATA SSDs available

Quote Originally Posted by panda88 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am an owner of a Sony Vaio TT46GG. Just recently I dropped my laptop and the corner of of the keyboard panel chipped off .... does anyone know where i can find replacement parts where I can replace the upper keyboard panel ? or is it not worth fixing?

also this question has been probably answer countless time but i was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best SSD for battery life i can upgrade to? also when i swap the HDD for SSD ... is there an adapter i need to buy or is it a direct swap?
    I've been looking at this SSD
    Amazon.com: Kingston SSDNow V+180 128GB Micro SATA II 3GB/S 1.8 Inch Solid State Drive SVP180S2/128G: Computers & Accessories

Thanks everyone and good to see other TT owners

Notebook Guru

Agree with Rachel, but the SSD-list is somehow arbitrary. I know from own experience that Intel-drives really do not use much power, both under working conditions and in standby mode, but OCZ really is an energy consuming device. So I do not trust all these yes's in the table.