Quantcast The Alienware Laptop of the Future!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One Man is no Man

Default The Alienware Laptop of the Future!

The next Alienware laptop has been reveiled! Set to release in 2017 it will change the way we look at portability!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H0K1k54t6A

Enjoy
    Last edited by Padmé; 5th April 2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Need a laptop backpack?
    Listen to Taverncast! The funniest podcast on the interwebs about movies, gaming, beer, and politics!

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: The Alienware Laptop of the Future!

It's an interesting concept and I am sure it will happen at some point. The only issue with the video clip is the power supply. Anyone can imagine that the future of power supply will be infinite and certainly not from a power outlet...
    M17X R3: 2820QM, ATI 6970M, Intel 510 250Gb, 8Gb HyperX, Blu-Ray

Custom Made Laptop Cooler
    M17X R2 OC Guide
    Latitude Z Review
    Custom Ferrari Iphone

Notebook Consultant

It should have wireless power. Would this be able to play Crysis 10 on max settings?
    Last edited by CokeCanNinja; 4th April 2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Custom User Title

Yeah Intel's Nikola Tesla inspired "wireless electricity" adapters might be available by the time we see laptops like this. Interesting laptop concept. Hopefully by then GPU's will be small enough, powerful enough and cool enough to fit in a laptop like that and be able to run the Crysis of that day on all max settings.

Notebook Consultant

It better be, that thing looks 'spensive.

Notebook Consultant

Neat concept, I just imagine that laptops of the future will maintain the book look possibly just becomming more thinner and possibly including two screens with one acting as a keyboard when needed... kinda like an ipad.. ugh
    "We're not retreating. Were advancing in a different direction."

Notebook Deity

I prefer walking over the street with a backpack or a postmanbag (don't know how to translate it to english soz) rather than carrying something that reminds me of a purse (its too round, while I prefer square things).

Aside from that the multiple functions which the video showed seem very promising. But i'm glad I'll still be able to buy normal laptops for now, which become thinner and more powerfull and get better and better battery life, which is all I ask for.
    Old forum name: Student@antwerp2009
    Laptop: Acer Aspire 5920G: 2.5 Ghz core 2 duo t9300, 3 gigs of 667 mhz ddr2 ram, 500gb WD Scorpio Black,Ati HD 4670
    Desktop: Intel i5 4670k, 8gb 1600 mhz ram, 2tb hdd, msi gtx760

One Man is no Man

Quote Originally Posted by Student@Antwerp2009 View Post
    I prefer walking over the street with a backpack or a postmanbag (don't know how to translate it to english soz) rather than carrying something that reminds me of a purse (its too round, while I prefer square things).

Aside from that the multiple functions which the video showed seem very promising. But i'm glad I'll still be able to buy normal laptops for now, which become thinner and more powerfull and get better and better battery life, which is all I ask for.
    They make purses that thin and tubelike?

The biggest selling point of a laptop like this would be the portability i think. If it was nice and light it would appeal to artists who use computer programs a lot. Save them the cost of materials and the hassle of transporting canvas and media, and replaces them with a nice tablet screen. I'd get one of these for sure, though not for gaming; 1. I don't think gpus are supposed to bend like that 2. it doesnt look intimidating enough to bring to a gaming conference
    Need a laptop backpack?
    Listen to Taverncast! The funniest podcast on the interwebs about movies, gaming, beer, and politics!

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by ittekimasu View Post
    Neat concept, I just imagine that laptops of the future will maintain the book look possibly just becomming more thinner and possibly including two screens with one acting as a keyboard when needed... kinda like an ipad.. ugh
    Yes, I think computers will start to look more and more like the *shudder* Itampon.

Weihenstephaner!

Do you really think human race will survive that long?
    HP EXtremeBook 2570p <> 12.5" LCD<> 3840QM Quad@4Ghz! <> 16GB RAM <> 1.5TB Storage! <> 6hrs of battery life! <> Windows Server 2012 Datacenter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast