I used USB flash disinfector on my PC and it seems that the virus is still there. I plugged in my psp/external Hard drives and it infected them even though i have used it. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Now my external Hard disks are opening a new window whenever i double click them but previously, they open in the same window i opened my computer.
hmms, same problem as me? imo.exe infecting autorun.inf?
Are you still having problems with 'imo.exe'?
Make sure that your DNS settings are ok so that security programs can be updated before using them. OpenDNS is worth checking.
Did you post a question on the KAV forum yesterday under Ev0d3vil, if so, the reported trojan must be eliminated also.
P.S. the programs I suggested in my previous post won't interfere with your AV.
1. Let Avira pick up the "Virus" when you plug the flashstick in.
2. Everytime the warning comes up..."click delete"...instead of "deny access"
3. Once the flash is supposedly cleared....remove it.
4. Scan your computer with totally up to date Avira. There are going to be plenty stops where Avira is finding stuff....always choose "delete".
5. Once Avira has supposedly found everything.....start again. Scan my computer. More trash will be found. Always choose "delete".
6.Restart the computer.
7.Make sure all is well.
8.Plug in the flash stick. Tell AVIRA to scan the flash stick. Again.
9.Your problems should be gone. No Autorun. And no more problems.
And all your data is still there. Where it belongs. Virus is history.
TechTarget provides enterprise IT professionals with the information they need to perform their jobs - from developing strategy, to making cost-effective IT purchase decisions and managing their organizations' IT projects - with its network of technology-specific Web sites, events and magazines.