Quantcast Least amount of cpu/memory use

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Geek

Default Least amount of cpu/memory use

Does anyone know which anti-virus software uses the last cpu/memory when running?

I need one..

also, does antivirus programs come with anti spyware?
    if not, should i get one?

NBR Reviewer

Default Re: Least amount of cpu/memory use

For paid options, NOD32 doesn't use much resources. On the free said, Avira is pretty good. There are other good programs, these just come to find first.

Some anti-virus programs do come with anti-spyware features, but it differs from program to program. Either way, you should still pick up a dedicated anti-spyware program because they're usually better. Some good options are Super Anti-Spyware, Malware bytes Anti-Malware, and A Squared.

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by jin07 View Post
    For paid options, NOD32 doesn't use much resources. On the free said, Avira is pretty good. There are other good programs, these just come to find first.

Some anti-virus programs do come with anti-spyware features, but it differs from program to program. Either way, you should still pick up a dedicated anti-spyware program because they're usually better. Some good options are Super Anti-Spyware, Malware bytes Anti-Malware, and A Squared.

what are your opinions about Kaspersky?

and does NOD32 have anti spyware

also, do u recommend downloading from torrent (antivirus programs that is..)

BUSTED

Kaspersky have a great protection, just like NOD32 but use a lot resources and takes a lot of time to scan. I tried on my computer and it said 1 day for around 150GB of data.

"ESET NOD32 Antivirus software proactively detects and eliminates more viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, phishing, rootkits and other Internet threats than any program available." So yes it does

If you want to download software, download it from its website to be sure.
    Desktop: HP m7350n. Pentium D 2.8GHz|2GB DDR2|BFG 8800GT OC2|Corsair VX550W
    Cellphone: Nokia N82. 5MP Xenon Flash , A-GPS, Accelerometer, WiFi, Symbian OS
    Laptop: Sager NP8660. Montevina P9500 2.53GHz | 4GB DDR3 | nVidia 9800M GT | Seagate Momentus 320GB 7200rpm
    UPDATED: Review of the Sager NP8660 with Zalman NC-2000

Guide: Shipping/Importing for Canadians, eh

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by livesoft View Post
    Kaspersky have a great protection, just like NOD32 but use a lot resources and takes a lot of time to scan. I tried on my computer and it said 1 day for around 150GB of data.

"ESET NOD32 Antivirus software proactively detects and eliminates more viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, phishing, rootkits and other Internet threats than any program available." So yes it does

If you want to download software, download it from its website to be sure.
    What are your opinions on Bit Defender? Does it take a lot of resources?

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

NBR Reviewer

Bit Defender is an okay program. However, it is not that good compared to Kasp or NOD32 and even some free programs are better. If you're paying for anti-virus, you might as well get the best ones out there. Go with NOD32, it's the lightest and one of the best anti-virus programs out there.

I dont know, I'm guessing

Hmm I use Kaspersky and I find it quite light. I have Kas Internet Security, not just the AV. Doing a full scan should take a while IMO as it is doing a thorough scan. But you can set your options and skip areas and/or files if you like. NOD 32 (or Eset Smart Security is the full suite, not just AV) is also very good. Either is a good choice, just comes down to preference i think.
    Say NO To 16:9 Screens!!!

XPS M1530 // T7500 2.2GHz // 3GB 667 // 8600M GT 256 DDR3 // 200GB 7.2K // LG WSXGA+ // Vista 64 (RED)
    Guide: Replace Your M1530 Screen

Notebook user

Quote Originally Posted by GolfinPanda View Post
    ...also, do u recommend downloading from torrent (antivirus programs that is..)
    If you're gonna use a cracked version of NOD32 or Kaspersky, make sure to run an online scan later on...
    So, NO, it's NOT recommended.
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Baserk View Post
    If you're gonna use a cracked version of NOD32 or Kaspersky, make sure to run an online scan later on...
    So, NO, it's NOT recommended.

how do u do an online scan

Notebook user

Quote Originally Posted by GolfinPanda View Post
    how do u do an online scan
    Click on my signature and then choose one of the Online Virus/Spyware/Malware scanners listed there; Eset for instance or Kaspersky's.

Really, if you want products from either Eset or Kaspersky, pay for it because they are worth it!
    Otherwise install a free security program, whether it's one from my list or another program.
    Just don't muck about with cracked versions of security programs.
    That's like asking a burglar to install some locks on your front door.
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast