Quantcast Samsung series 9 touchpad issue (not working)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Samsung series 9 touchpad issue (not working)

Default Samsung series 9 touchpad issue (not working)

I have a problem with my new Samsung Series 9 np900-x3c, 13 inch, 4gb ram, 128 gb ssd, i5.

I noticed that there are more people having trouble with the touchpad of this laptop, but mine is working pretty good most of the times, but sometimes it does not work at all.
    It happens most of the times after I closed the laptop and opened it again (sleep mode i guess?), when i want to continue after closing the laptop, the touchpad sometimes does not work at all. I need to get a real mouse to shut the laptop down. When i reboot it, the touchpad works fine again..
    Does anyone have a solution?
    I have the ELAN touchpad with version 11.7.4.3, controlpanel tells me that there are no updates available.

Thanks.

Notebook Retailer

Default Re: Samsung series 9 touchpad issue (not working)

It sounds like a driver bug. Hopefully a driver revision or a Windows update will patch it. Are you running Windows 8 or Windows 7?

We custom build Clevo, Asus and MSI laptops. Exclusive NBR member discount available!

Notebook Evangelist

Did you try disabling the touchpad and enabling it again (Fn+F5) when this happens?
    Alienware M18x Nebula Red: i7-2920XM | 8GB 1866MHz | 580M SLI | 256GB 840 Pro + 750GB x 2 Raid 0
    Samsung Series 9 X4D Silver: i5-3317U | 8GB DDR3L | 128GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prostar Computer View Post
    It sounds like a driver bug. Hopefully a driver revision or a Windows update will patch it. Are you running Windows 8 or Windows 7?
    Im running windows 8.
    Also, I runned some automatic update program (again) and now it did find an update, so im at a newer version now.. Hope that this solved it =)

Yes I tried that, but it didn't help unfortunately ;(
    I found a driver update though, so I hope that it will do the job

Moderately inquisitive

This is an old problem that annoyed me months ago but has long since disappeared (for me). The work-around is close the lid for long enough for the computer to sleep (eg about 15 seconds) then after opening it again the pad should work.

Also see this thread and try the same suggestion (no feedback yet on whether it worked).

John

Notebook Enthusiast

hi, Thanks god my touchpad is fine. but I would like to report other issues i had with the samsung series 9 , NP900X3C (with W7)
    I got 3 problems:
    when i got the np900x3C the keyboard failed in one key (in the keyboard) so I got replaced with the new one in the shop.
    the second device (which I have now) have 2 problems:
    2 dead or stuck pixel ( :-/ )and
    the speakers make a noise: something is vibrating inside the case so it results in a distorted sound. If keep pressing the lower part of the case with my hands the noise disappear so seems 2 metallic piece inside the case touch each other in a wrong way. now i have to go to samsung assistance again.
    3 hardware problem in 2 device is a very hi percentage of hardware failure. but overall i love this laptop.

I have the same problem. I solve it by closing the lid for 3 seconds (hibernating the PC), open the lid, then if it still doesn't work press fn+F5. Always works after this.

SAMSUNG WHERE ARE YOU - where is the proper fix for this????

Quote Originally Posted by Freek94 View Post
    I have a problem with my new Samsung Series 9 np900-x3c, 13 inch, 4gb ram, 128 gb ssd, i5.

I noticed that there are more people having trouble with the touchpad of this laptop, but mine is working pretty good most of the times, but sometimes it does not work at all.
    It happens most of the times after I closed the laptop and opened it again (sleep mode i guess?), when i want to continue after closing the laptop, the touchpad sometimes does not work at all. I need to get a real mouse to shut the laptop down. When i reboot it, the touchpad works fine again..
    Does anyone have a solution?
    I have the ELAN touchpad with version 11.7.4.3, controlpanel tells me that there are no updates available.

Thanks.

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by Graemeb View Post
    I have the same problem. I solve it by closing the lid for 3 seconds (hibernating the PC), open the lid, then if it still doesn't work press fn+F5. Always works after this.

SAMSUNG WHERE ARE YOU - where is the proper fix for this????
    As noted above, I haven't encountered this problem for many months. Which model, which version of the touchpad driver and the BIOS do you have?

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Ratsey View Post
    As noted above, I haven't encountered this problem for many months. Which model, which version of the touchpad driver and the BIOS do you have?

John
    Hi
    I do still have the same problem and I do believe it is due to the old driver. The workaround with putting the notebook asleep for a few seconds works, but is annoying. I can't find a driver newer than the ones on samsung's website, which is the one installed. Does anybody know where to find a better one?

I have an ELAN EDT0B00 with driver version 10.7.17.5 on Win7.

B.S

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by b.serengeti View Post
    Hi
    I do still have the same problem and I do believe it is due to the old driver. The workaround with putting the notebook asleep for a few seconds works, but is annoying. I can't find a driver newer than the ones on samsung's website, which is the one installed. Does anybody know where to find a better one?

I have an ELAN EDT0B00 with driver version 10.7.17.5 on Win7.
    Use SW Update's Find Model facility to choose a newer notebook and look for the touchpad driver. The same Elan driver works for many models (but I'm not sure if the Windows 8 driver will work with Windows 7).

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast