Quantcast Samsung BIOS Update Problems - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Samsung BIOS Update Problems

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Samsung BIOS Update Problems

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieAnne View Post
    Hi all! I really need help. I have a Samsung NP540U3C-A01UB laptop running Windows 8. I accidentally updated the Bios when I was doing the SW updates. I want planning on updating because I only update things I need. Now my laptop won't boot. After the update it restarted itself and is stuck on the bios boot menu. I don't know much about boot menus but I tried everything I could find online and it won't go past the boot menu. I tried resetting it as well using the hole on the bottom with no luck. Also I only have one HDD drive listed in the boot menu but I also have a 24GB SSD drive installed that it's not recognizing. Please help! I've only had the laptop a month & don't want it to be ruined.
    I can't suggest anything other than calling Samsung tech support at 1-800-726-7864. Please tell me what bios versions you updated from and to, because I just got a notification on my NP350E7C-A01US that a new BIOS version P08ABE is available for improved stability. If you updated to that version, I would be very hesitant to do to so.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieAnne View Post
    Hi all! I really need help. I have a Samsung NP540U3C-A01UB laptop running Windows 8. I accidentally updated the Bios when I was doing the SW updates. I want planning on updating because I only update things I need. Now my laptop won't boot. After the update it restarted itself and is stuck on the bios boot menu. I don't know much about boot menus but I tried everything I could find online and it won't go past the boot menu. I tried resetting it as well using the hole on the bottom with no luck. Also I only have one HDD drive listed in the boot menu but I also have a 24GB SSD drive installed that it's not recognizing. Please help! I've only had the laptop a month & don't want it to be ruined.
    Probably because the bios update set something to the default value. Check in your bios, in the boot section, the value about the uefi/legacy SO and set it to uefi. Make sure to exit bios saving changes.

I have just updated to this version (after a few days of waiting for Samsung's servers to let me get it). No issues other than I had to reactivate Windows 8 by phone.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tubbyrincewind View Post
    I have just updated to this version (after a few days of waiting for Samsung's servers to let me get it). No issues other than I had to reactivate Windows 8 by phone.
    I just updated from P07ABE to P08ABE with SW Update, after 7 days of trying, and it installed without a hitch.

Re Samsung Bios update problem

Dear anyone,

I have a 2009 NP-x360 and have just tried to update the bios to the variant currently on the samsung web site (run as an.exe from the desk top)

seemed to go ok during the install, however windows 7 will no longer boot (gets to black start up screen with windows written on it) then crashes out of the process.

bios will open up I have tried the reset to defaults option and save, does not change anything

I have tried the automatic "let windows fix this for you to" to no result.

I have tried to roll back to a previous system restore point to no result

I am now out of good ideas, does anyone have a solution ?

many thanks for any help you are able to offer.

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by randomone1 View Post
    I have a 2009 NP-x360 and have just tried to update the bios to the variant currently on the samsung web site (run as an.exe from the desk top)

seemed to go ok during the install, however windows 7 will no longer boot (gets to black start up screen with windows written on it) then crashes out of the process.

I am now out of good ideas, does anyone have a solution ?
    The disk access mode comes to mind. I think 2009 was in the era when the hardware was switching over from IDE to AHCI so there's a 50% chance that the default in your BIOS (and the upgrade automatically applies the defaults) isn't the same as what Windows was installed for. The result is that Windows starts, loads the wrong driver for the HDD and can then get no further because it can't read the disk.

If it's not IDE/AHCI then it's another setting relating to the disk access mode. I recall the Windows on my Dell E6400 being pre-installed with drivers for both modes. Look through the BIOS setup and see what you can find.

John

John,

Many thanks for your help, I hunted round the bios but was unable to find any setting which got me further in on the original installation. however I tried a new clean install from a win dvd which booted from the bios as expected. The new clean installation worked, but I had to reinstall everything ! As always backups are king! I can only think that the bios updater corrupted something in the original windows installation preventing it booting.

thanks again.

Notebook Enthusiast

hi everyone
    i have a smasung series 5 np530u3c
    yesterday i updated my bios using the sw update program after trying for many days, i think everything went fine but then it restarted and took me to the boot menu screen where is shows my hard drive but when i press enter nothing happens, i have tried tweaking with all the settings of the bios and i have also deleted and recreated my partitions and reinstalled windows 8 but to no avail

the bios verion is P12AAJ
    micom version is P12AAJ

is there is way i can reinstall this bios using ocmpand promt? because that about the only thing thats working on this machine, or can i download my bios

really stressed cause its not working!

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by sliyk View Post
    i have a smasung series 5 np530u3c
    yesterday i updated my bios using the sw update program after trying for many days, i think everything went fine but then it restarted and took me to the boot menu screen where is shows my hard drive but when i press enter nothing happens, i have tried tweaking with all the settings of the bios and i have also deleted and recreated my partitions and reinstalled windows 8 but to no avail

is there is way i can reinstall this bios using ocmpand promt? because that about the only thing thats working on this machine, or can i download my bios

really stressed cause its not working!
    See this thread for advice about how to downgrade the BIOS.

However, I wonder if the cause is that the BIOS update changed some settings. See this post for some more trouble-shooting suggestions.

John

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ratsey View Post
    See this thread for advice about how to downgrade the BIOS.

However, I wonder if the cause is that the BIOS update changed some settings. See this post for some more trouble-shooting suggestions.

John
    Thank for your reply John
    I have tried almost everything even the CMOS battery tweak but to no a ail my bios settings and like you want them to be I am posting a video of what my laptop is doing

Samsung - YouTube

Could this be from a partial or corrupt installation of the bios?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast