Quantcast 14" Samsung Series 7 NP700Z3C - Page 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: 14" Samsung Series 7 NP700Z3C

Quote Originally Posted by John Ratsey View Post
    And run the Samsung BIOS updater to check for a newer BIOS.
    This is strange... I'm trying to do updates from within Easy Software Manager but each download is failing due to "No Internet Connection." Thing is, I'm connected to the Internet just fine -- so I'm stumped. Anyone else come cross this?
    Current Laptop
    14" Samsung Series 7 NP700Z3C-S02US

Previous Computers
    Sony Vaio FW, Dell Latitude D420, Dell Inspiron 6000, Commodore 64, TRS-80, TI-30 Calculator

Notebook Virtuoso

Guys, yesterday I came across the backlit keyboard Settings but now I can't find them. Anyone know how to access them?

Thanks.
    Current Laptop

Previous Computers
    Sony Vaio FW, Dell Latitude D420, Dell Inspiron 6000, Commodore 64, TRS-80, TI-30 Calculator

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post
    This is strange... I'm trying to do updates from within Easy Software Manager but each download is failing due to "No Internet Connection." Thing is, I'm connected to the Internet just fine -- so I'm stumped. Anyone else come cross this?
    I think there's a server problem. Perhaps it can't handle enough connections. It took me nearly a week of trying to download an audio driver update (not helped by it being an obese package >200MB).

BTW, I've just run ESM and also get the "No Internet Connection" message. It's Friday night in Korea and perhaps someone those it a good time to do some maintenance. Either than or someone switched it off when they left the office.

John

Notebook Virtuoso

I think there's a server problem. Perhaps it can't handle enough connections. It took me nearly a week of trying to download an audio driver update (not helped by it being an obese package >200MB).
    Oh, good -- thanks. As long as it's not just me.
    Current Laptop

Previous Computers

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post
    Guys, yesterday I came across the backlit keyboard Settings but now I can't find them. Anyone know how to access them?
    Easy Settings General page.

John

Notebook Virtuoso

Easy Settings General page.
    Wow, I could have sworn I looked there already. Thank you!!
    Current Laptop

Previous Computers

Notebook Enthusiast

I can give a fairly lengthy update on the Wifi with the laptop. I was on the road working in non-optimal conditions with clients today:

1. I was in a park across the intersection from a Dairy Queen with one client and tapping into the non-password protected wifi at the Dairy Queen. No problem connecting and the speed was fine (for free Dairy Queen wifi). I was checking websites while troubleshooting for the client.

2. I took a second client call in my car outside of the Honda dealership on their dealership wifi. Again, no problem connecting, and speed was good. I was on skype with the client and watching their live video streaming broadcast at the same time. No issues.

For the last two nights I have been playing "The Secret World" on the laptop using my home wifi and the game has been 100% playable in high settings, native resolution.

Now to my question:

My function keys and everything else on the laptop has worked right out of the box. I read above that the Samsung easy settings program does not come pre-installed. If everything is working is there any reason to load this program on the laptop?

What exactly does Easy Settings/manager do that is beneficial? Does it help me download new drivers for the laptop?

If the computer is working without a hitch is there any point in messing with updating the BIOS as some of you have done?

Thanks!

Notebook Enthusiast

I have also used the laptop a few times now tethered to my HTC Sensation and it has worked via the wifi hotspot with no issues.

Decidedly Moderate

@SJMiller: With these and your previous reports, I think we can conclude that your Wi-Fi is working well

I'd say until somebody reports they actually have a Wi-Fi problem with their new Z3C, let's assume there isn't one.

As for Easy Settings: If you can use your Fn keys, it should be installed and running. Easy Settings controls those keys along with other hardware features. Volume Fn keys work even without Easy Settings, but not screen brightness, keyboard backlight etc.

Check your Start Menu under Samsung if there is an Easy Settings. Many interesting features in there.

Easy Software Manager is the one that keeps your drivers updated.

Both of these (and many more) are factory installed by Samsung. But we heard reports that maybe Microsoft Store removes them as part of their Signature cleanup. I don't know if that's actually been verified. It would mean that MS ships PCs with keyboards that aren't fully working.

I'm curious if Factory Restore (using F4) reverts to Samsung's install or Microsoft's.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    @SJMiller: With these and your previous reports, I think we can conclude that your Wi-Fi is working well

I'd say until somebody reports they actually have a Wi-Fi problem with their new Z3C, let's assume there isn't one.

As for Easy Settings: If you can use your Fn keys, it should be installed and running. Easy Settings controls those keys along with other hardware features. Volume Fn keys work even without Easy Settings, but not screen brightness, keyboard backlight etc.

Check your Start Menu under Samsung if there is an Easy Settings. Many interesting features in there.

Easy Software Manager is the one that keeps your drivers updated.

Both of these (and many more) are factory installed by Samsung. But we heard reports that maybe Microsoft Store removes them as part of their Signature cleanup. I don't know if that's actually been verified. It would mean that MS ships PCs with keyboards that aren't fully working.

I'm curious if Factory Restore (using F4) reverts to Samsung's install or Microsoft's.
    I got a "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart in one minute"

What exactly does this error signify? I only got it once, but found it weird that Windows forced my computer to restart.

Secondly, I did have some wifi signal loss but that's also a problem with my comcast internet, so I'm no really a good judge. I will say 3 bars only a room away from the router is kind of weaker than I'd want.

I'm strongly considering taking it back just because of the gaming heat. I've gotten more used to it, but still something to consider. Also I might be able to get something stronger than a gt 630m if I go to something with a 15 inch, even though honestly the 630m is quite good by itself and probably better than the credit it gets on tech and gaming boards.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast