Quantcast Samsung Easy Settings - Slow? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Samsung Easy Settings - Slow?

Volume works via Fn+F6,F7,F8 for me without opening Easy Settings. Do you have dmhkcore.exe running?

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by matthewf123 View Post
    Yes, yes, god yes!

Turning Wifi on/off using the keyboard hotkey could be so simple -- I want the light to blink on or off, and just leave it at that. But all it does is launch Easy Settings' Wifi tab, which takes at LEAST 10 seconds to fully load. Terrible!

Hoping my impending SSD upgrade will rectify this slightly, we'll see.
    SSD upgrade complete.

OK, yes --- now launching Easy Settings wifi control using FN F12 is much faster.

Still not instant, and still annoying that the key combo doesnt DIRECTLY toggle the setting on/off for me, and instead just shows you the setting... but better than before.

Notebook Enthusiast

Yeah most of the FN functions, well, all of them that do not open the Easy Settings program are very quick if not instant. The Easy Settings link, and wifi on/off are the two that are slow, because they load the program.

Basically I think everyone, including myself, would like a quick toggle of all wireless off, wifi on with bluetooth off, wifi off and bluetooth off, bluetooth on and wifi off. Most computers have that sort of setup.

Since we don't have a manual switch to turn on/off the wifi, it'd be nice to have a better software/FN solution.

Notebook Deity

it's easy guys, just forget about the easy settings and put a shortcut on your desktop to your Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.
    and you can do the same with Bluetooth. But yes it's annoying because on mine even the brightness adjustment lags.
    Samsung Series 3, 11.6", i3, 8GB, Win 7 64, 128GB SSD
    Past: e4300, e6400, asus f3f.

this easy settings app is garbage if you plan on running your own monitor calibration since the app takes over color profiles and changes them on boot up.

my only option to get it to stop was to uninstall it, if i need to change something i guess i am out of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12