Quantcast How to reformat my samsung Q35 laptop

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default How to reformat my samsung Q35 laptop

Dear John Ratsey

Dear John can you teach me how to reformat my Q35 Samsung laptop Because it come with three CD and do not which one to use first the first CD is AVStation now restored second once is System software media and third once is System Recovery windows XP Professional can tell me which one to use first

Because the Avstation now recovery manual instruction say that you have to recover the partition and Avstation now first using the AVstation now recovery CD. You cannot recover AVstation now when windows is installed

And do not understand what it means.
    Can you teach me step by step to Reformat my Q35 Samsung Laptop than you very much.

my email pang1135@yahoo.com.sg please email me thank you

Moderately inquisitive

Default Re: How to reformat my sumsung Q35 latop

AVstation has its own partition on the hard disk which is why it needs to be installed first.

Are you formatting the entire hard disk or just the C: partition? If the latter, then the AVstation should not be affected. Using the Windows recovery CD will reformat the C: partition and then install the original copy of Windows. You will then need to run the system software media CD to install other Samsung software and drivers.

John

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: How to reformat my samsung Q35 laptop

Dear John Ratsey

Thank you very much Mr. John Ratsey after I follow your instruction I have successful reformat my Q35 Samsung really Thank you very much.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default How to change my name.

Dear John Ratsey

Can you teach me how to change this name on my computer?
    that I attach a photo to let you see that how to change the name in the red colour box.

Please help me Thank you

Sorry John actually I want attach the photo but after I upload the file it always come up a Error message say that Your file of 347.6 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3 KB for this file type.

What suit I do.
    Last edited by pang1135; 11th July 2008 at 03:28 AM.

Moderately inquisitive

It looks as if you need Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy. Install it then right click on the file and select resize.

Alternatively, is the option you are looking for the one you find by right clicking on the my computer icon, selecting properties and then name?

John

Notebook Enthusiast

Dear John Ratsey

Thank you very much i have install Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy and did a resize to this photo please see this attach of the photo.

Thank you, you are really a computer guru .after you see the photo that you will no what I mean. How to change name on my computer Thank you please help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copy of ScreenHunter_008 (WinCE).bmp  

Moderately inquisitive

Next time try saving the file as .jpg. You will find the size is much smaller. .bmp is an uncompressed format.

How to rename: Windows uses the user name to name the folder. So go into Control Panel, Users (or similar, I'm currently looking at Vista) and select the user and see if there is a rename option. Alternatively, create a new user with the name you want, then go into Explorer and copy the files from the old user folder to the new user folder then, in Control Panel delete the old user. You may need to log on as Administrator to do this.

John

Notebook Enthusiast

Dear John

I do not really understand what you mean sorry, because I using XP professional and I go to the control panel I can not find rename option sorry John can you please explain more in detail or step by step.

Thank you Mr. John for helping me I really appreciate.

And about the.jpg. file how can i save my file in jpg please teach me Thank you.
    Last edited by pang1135; 12th July 2008 at 02:55 AM.

Moderately inquisitive

1. In Control Panel double click on User Accounts icon, then click on Change an account, select the account you want to change then click on Change my name. Type in the new name.

2. I assume you used Paint for the graphics. You can choose from a list of file formats under Save As. JPEG is usually the best format for colour pictures.

John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast