Thread: 170EM keyboard replacement
1st July 2012, 03:42 AM #1
170EM keyboard replacement
I just bought 170EM with german keyboard and I want to switch to US keyboard.
How difficult is to replace keyboard? Where I can purchase US keyboard?
Plug and play or I must do something else during replacement?
Last edited by fantomasz; 1st July 2012 at 05:52 AM.ASUS G75
3610 8GB 2xSSD GTX670 Bluray
1st July 2012, 03:52 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Rep Power
Re: 170EM keyboard replacement
- (after removing all power sources)
- Pull up the wide cover where the power button is.
- Unscrew the 5 silver bolts you see there.
- Pull the keyboard towards LCD and up but not too far.
- Disconnect the 2 ribbon cables carefully by undoing the clips first.
Also Get the manual http://www.eurocom.com/download/m225_ServiceManual.pdf
page 2-14P170EM, NVIDIA 680m (AMD 7970M sold)
"When reason and logic fails, give up."