Quantcast YOU bought XMP RAM and can`t use it...come on in

+ Reply to Thread
    Little Bios Mod

Default YOU bought XMP RAM and your bios has no support...come on in

I want to help people who bought XMP profile RAMs for the latest Clevos (P150HM, P151HM, P170HM3 others not tested, yet) and can`t use them because of Clevos lack of bios and XTU support.

Send me a link to the bios that you are currently using and "if possible" i`ll upload 2 modded bios for you. One for each XMP profile.
    There will be no additional bios options available, instead the bios will be forced to run the XMP profile of your choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can read your RAM XMP profiles with Taiphoon Burner:

Thaiphoon Burner - Official Support Website

Keep F8 pressed when you start your computer and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

http://crystalmark.info/information/...viceDriver.png

In Thaiphoon "dump" your RAM and look up the supported XMP profiles in the "report".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT: If you intend to run NON XMP RAM in future you HAVE TO flash
    back to the latest official bios before instalation of the new RAM, OTHERWISE
    YOUR SYSTEM WON`T BOOT
    !

Installation and use of the modded bios is at your own risk!
    Last edited by Prema; 11th October 2011 at 04:52 AM.

Lord Pringles

Default Re: YOU bought XMP RAM and can`t use it...come on in

Hi Prema,

Interesting project. May I know why you didn't want to unlocked the hidden XMP options instead? With the XMP options available, it will allow the user to set the XMP profile according to their preferences.
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

Little Bios Mod

Because as of now we simply canīt unlock any feature, just hardcode values.

Lord Pringles

I see. You change the default value & rebuild the BIOS image. So, the tool is so far so good in rebuilding BIOS image?
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

Little Bios Mod

Yep the Aptio Tools are quite limited (and so are my skills ), not so easy like in the good old Phoenix times and on top of that the Bios Recovery is not even known to resellers...

But you are most welcome to take a look at it...just drop me a PM
    Last edited by Prema; 1st October 2011 at 04:33 AM.

Lord Pringles

I also currently looking at Phoenix SecureCore Tiano, based on UEFI 2.0 specification. Progress is very slow though. I'll keep you updated if I found anything new.

Little Bios Mod

Right now a way to dump the the cmos nvram like an Aptio version of AMISCE would be a great help...

Lord Pringles

I think you can dump NVRAM in linux; /dev/nvram. Probably need to load nvram module; modprobe nvram.

Notebook Deity

I remember using this in the old days on some desktops:

SPDTool: Read, Edit and Flash your Memory's SPD

AWESOME tool. Basically I was using it to modify incompatible memory to make it compatible with systems. It lets you actually modify the RAM settings on the memory that the manufacture programs.

Only sucky part is it seems to no longer be updated so does not know our chipsets and only other programs charge for them

Many people didn't even know this was possible but it can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing but I mastered it. I was making SLI memory, overclocking memory on systems that the bios didn't support it, all kindsa stuff. It was cool.

I remember working on some machines out in the middle of no place and had a stick of ram and one machine was bad but the stick I had was not compatible. Flashed that badboy to match the bad one and it was good to go. I was even able to change the manufacture and serial number lol

Basically this is a hex editor for ram and has ability to read/write the image back to the ram.
    Last edited by Bryanu; 6th October 2011 at 08:36 AM.
    NP8255-S i7 4900MQ - GTX 780M - 32GB 1866MHz 1.35v (8GBx4) - Intel 7260AC - Blu-Ray Burner - 95% Gamut Matt Screen on Win 8.1

Notebook Prophet

You realize the first post mentions Taiphoon burner, right?

Anyway I don't suppose either of you have noticed an MXM structure in Clevo BIOS? This EFI crap wont even let you flash vBIOS from DOS.