Quantcast Spilled Orange juice on laptop help!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Spilled Orange juice on laptop help!!!!!!!!

Okay, so far i cleaned the keys with compressed air can. Windex(glass cleaner) and vacumed up the juice.Now i found Lysol and im wondering if i can spray it on the laptop without damaging any hardware. Any help is highly appreciated. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sager 2090 - Core 2 Duo t7500 2.2 ghz - 2 gb of ram - 32 bit XP
    160 gb hd 5400 rpm - 8600 Gt M 512 mb / ddr 2 - Zalman Nc 2000

Add me on msn or xfire or steam if you can help me or need something or want to game.
    steam: Kythlo xfire:lavitiz msn:goldie_youngguns@hotmail.com

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Spilled Orange juice on laptop help!!!!!!!!

Dell E6500 post-purchase additions: Upgraded CPU to T9800 from P8700, replaced Dell thermal compound with Coollaboratory liquid metal pad, upgraded to backlit keyboard, added Dell 5720 Verizon card, upgraded to 8gb RAM, upgraded to TorqX 128gb SSD, replaced original with M4400 lid (now ribbed for my pleasure), clean install Windows 7 Pro 64

Lazy as the Day is Long

Why on Earth would you want to spray lysol on your system?

Notebook Evangelist

the removing procedure would be different for my notebook,any idea if there tutorial for mine. Also at the moment I am just pulling keyouts and cleaning them.
    Lysol why? Well if laptops have some sort of seal then the fluid shouldn't go through and once it sits for like 1 min i can suck it out with an vaccum.

Add me on msn or xfire or steam if you can help me or need something or want to game.

rotaredoM repudrepuS RBN

Compal IFL90/Sager NP2090 Disassembly Guide :
    Compal IFL90/Sager NP2090 Disassembly Guide

Make sure the laptop is complely clean and ammonia based Windex and other harsh agent(that may be present in windex/lysol) is probably not the best thing to use.
    Latitude D410. 6 years old notebook that did not have a built-in optical drive when built.

Notebook Evangelist

The keyboard removal procedure would certainly be different, HOWEVER the point I was trying to make was that if you can remove the keyboard I believe that the best way to clean it would be to rinse it off. The Lysol will do little to remove the sugar that will create the subsequent stickiness. Also I have some doubts as to how effective a vacuum would be at removing Lysol that you have sprayed. Finally, I'm not sure that you could spray on enough of any liquid to effectively remove the offending fluid without at the same time soaking the underlying electronics.
    Dell E6500 post-purchase additions: Upgraded CPU to T9800 from P8700, replaced Dell thermal compound with Coollaboratory liquid metal pad, upgraded to backlit keyboard, added Dell 5720 Verizon card, upgraded to 8gb RAM, upgraded to TorqX 128gb SSD, replaced original with M4400 lid (now ribbed for my pleasure), clean install Windows 7 Pro 64

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Kdawgca View Post
    Make sure the laptop is complely clean and ammonia based Windex and other harsh agent(that may be present in windex/lysol) is probably not the best thing to use.
    Yeah, and a little bit of this too.

Notebook Retailer

Power down notebook and remove battery

Open up notebook (DO NOT USE LYSOL OR ANY OTHER SOLVENT)

Check for OJ residue and use denatured alcohol to clean up

Allow everything to dry before powering up
    www.jakam.com
    info@jakam.com
    EMail for custom/replacement batteries

Notebook Evangelist

^^ Those are all well made points. Well I don't want to personally take the keyboard out quite yet. Do you think i could do it if notice the the key are stating to stick? Or would it be too late?.I kinda want open the keyboard to me last resort.

Notebook Evangelist

It is INFINITELY easier to fix the problem before the keys start to stick. If you spilled juice you should probably assume that they will.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast