Quantcast For anyone stuck with "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kuo
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default For anyone stuck with "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

Hey guys...

After 4 long hours... I'm finally starting the windows xp install on my new 5793
    I kept having a "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" message. A little google told me that it was a xp issue with sata hard drives, and the (only?) solution was to streamline the sata drivers to a new windows cd, with a tool like nLite.

So I did nLite, 1... 2... 3 different configurations, still no luck. Then I check the bios... and I see an option "Intel Robson" is enabled. Weird, I don't remember buying that (expensive) memory. So I disable it, and notice that the Sata config switches to "combined"... I reboot... and windows lets me install... YES!

I don't know who config my new laptop, but I'm kind of disapointed that this wasn't even checked...

Anyway, I thought this post might help others

BBQ Expert

Default Re: For anyone stuck with "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

It should have worked with nLite. You did not integrate the drivers properly. I've been slipping kits for the past two years. I've never dumbed down the HDD in bios. Alwasy kept it on SATA ENHANCED.

Maybe you missed a file when you integrated the drivers.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: For anyone stuck with "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

You want to slipstream the AHCI SATA drivers and not the RAID ones.

You could also disable native SATA support in the bios, install, and install the drivers later, but nothing comes close to putting together your own XP install tweaked to perfection.

SAGER NP5793 Orange Trim - Built from Barebone.
    17" WUXGA || C2D T9300 2.5GHz || 4GB RAM || 512MB nVidia 9800M GTS || Hitachi 7k500 + WD Blue 750GB || Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II || Logitech MX Revolution || NZXT Cryo LX || Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

BBQ Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Renovatio View Post
    You want to slipstream the AHCI SATA drivers and not the RAID ones.

You could also disable native SATA support in the bios, install, and install the drivers later, but nothing comes close to putting together your own XP install tweaked to perfection.
    I agree with you. I have my custom discs for Vista (x86&x64) +Sp1 and XP+SP3 SATA.

Kuo
    Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
    It should have worked with nLite. You did not integrate the drivers properly. I've been slipping kits for the past two years. I've never dumbed down the HDD in bios. Alwasy kept it on SATA ENHANCED.

Maybe you missed a file when you integrated the drivers.
    Ok, so should the Intel Robsonstill be enabled? In the bios I cannot change directly the Sata option, but it is linked to the Intel Robson.

I used the drivers CD which came with my notebook to create the windows xp and added the /Drivers/XP/00Chipset/All folder into nLite. 2 times without success. Then I downloaded drivers from http://64.208.175.44/pages/notebooks...oductType=5793

Windows Chipset Drivers for Windows XP 8.3.0.1013 02-Jan-08 1952 KB
    No success either...

Did I miss any steps?

Thanks

I went into the bios and changed the sata to ATA, now it shows the partitions and is installing as I type.

Notebook Consultant

Make sure you install the SATA drivers once you're in Windows. Download them from the Intel website, they're Matrix storage manager drivers, then switch back to SATA, load up windows, don't let it install the new hardware, and manually install the Intel drivers.

17" WUXGA || C2D T9300 2.5GHz || 4GB RAM || 512MB nVidia 9800M GTS || Hitachi 7k500 + WD Blue 750GB || Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II || Logitech MX Revolution || NZXT Cryo LX || Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

BBQ Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Renovatio View Post
    Make sure you install the SATA drivers once you're in Windows. Download them from the Intel website, they're Matrix storage manager drivers, then switch back to SATA, load up windows, don't let it install the new hardware, and manually install the Intel drivers.
    It won't work. Bootloader will not load is you change to SATA after you installed on compatible.

Notebook Consultant

I remember reading a thread outlining all the steps to installing SATA drivers after installing XP. I mentioned them as I remember in my previous post.

I haven't tried it myself though, I discovered nlite.

BBQ Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Kuo View Post
    Ok, so should the Intel Robsonstill be enabled? In the bios I cannot change directly the Sata option, but it is linked to the Intel Robson.

I used the drivers CD which came with my notebook to create the windows xp and added the /Drivers/XP/00Chipset/All folder into nLite. 2 times without success. Then I downloaded drivers from http://64.208.175.44/pages/notebooks...oductType=5793

No success either...

Did I miss any steps?

Thanks

You did it wrong. Download this. Here is a small tutorial I just did for you. Good luck. Don't worry, when I did this a few years ago I had 10 lemons before my first success .

Make sure you select the appropriate drivers for your configuration. ALL WITH YOUR CHIPSET IN THEM!!!

The example i just did is with intel drivers that include my laptop.

Do you know how to make it bootable or you want some help? I use ISOBUSTER and NERO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast