Quantcast [SetFSB Auto Tool] - Automatic CPU overclocking utility

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default [SetFSB Auto Tool] - Automatic CPU overclocking utility - v3.1

What is SetFSB?

SetFSB is a program that makes possible control the PLL(Clock Generator) on your board, so you can control the FSB and PCI/PCI-E buses while in Windows. That way you can overclock your CPU and system memory too.

What is SetFSB Automatic Tool?

I decided to make this tool, because when you shutdown(to power off/standby) all the settings that you have made within SetFSB are lost. Then you need to re-enter and re-setting the FSB again.

So with this tool you dont need to do anything, it will set a predefined overclock automatically on systems boot.

Because the M570RUs clock generator resets on shutdown(standby) but keeps its settings when you restart(the power is not cut), this tool will automatically detect that situation an will not rise the FSB again.

How to in 3 steps:

1________________________________________________________________

Download SetFSB from here: http://audigyfiles.com.sapo.pt/AutoT...lInstaller.rar

Extract and run the AutoToolInstaller.exe. Accept and click the install button. (It will create a folder with the SetFSB files on C:\)

2________________________________________________________________

Then download(below) the SetFSB Auto Tool Configuration and Auto Tool OC ON. Place the both .exes anywere you like, desktop, programs, etc.

If you need to reset your CPU to the stock frequency, just download(below) the SetFSB Auto Tool OC OFF. Place it anywere you like, desktop, programs, etc.

3________________________________________________________________

Now, run the Auto Tool Configuration Utility. It will ask for the stock CPU frequency. Enter it on Mhz units. Then click [OK].

Next it will ask for the Max multiplier of your CPU. Enter it. Then click [OK].

Finally it will ask for the desired overclocking frequency. Enter it on Mhz units. Then click [OK].

Example: For one Intel Core 2 Duo T7700

Stock CPU Frequency: 2400
    Max Multiplier: 12
    Overclocked CPU frequency: 2900

If you have problems knowing about any of these fields, try the Intel Processor Spec Finder Database.

If you still have doubts, just ask here that I will gladly help you.

Now, if you want to apply the overclock automatically to the CPU when your system boots up, just follow these 3 steps:

1________________________________________________________________

Click Start -> All Programs -> Startup. Right click over "Startup", chose open/explore.

2________________________________________________________________

Now that we have the Startup folder open, copy the SetFSBAutoToolOCON.exe to the Startup folder.

3________________________________________________________________

Finally, check the Startup folder via Start Menu to confirm.

Make sure that you have selected the correct and funcional PLL/Clock Generator for your machine. (Clevos M570RU/71RU/72RU/73RU use the ICS9LPR363DGLF PLL).

SetFSB Auto Tool Configuration - http://audigyfiles.com.sapo.pt/AutoT...figuration.rar

This tool will configure your overclock profile. Just copy it to your desktop or any other place and double-click on it.

SetFSB Auto Tool OC ON - http://audigyfiles.com.sapo.pt/AutoT...toToolOCON.rar

Every time your computers starts or you run this tool manually, the SetFSB Auto Tool will automatically apply the predefined overclock to your CPU. Remember to test first in small Mhz steps.

One tray baloon will automatically pop up, warning you about the overclocking frequency that was applied to your CPU:

If in the future your dont want the overclock automatically applied on system boot, just delete the .exe from the Startup folder. If you want to set another overclock frequency, just run the Auto Tool Configuration utility.

SetFSB Auto Tool OC OFF - http://audigyfiles.com.sapo.pt/AutoT...oToolOCOFF.rar

This tool will reset your CPU to stock speeds when overclocked. Just copy it to your desktop or any other place and double-click on it.

Code:
    Release Notes:

Improvements over version 2.1:
    - Added support for all CPUs(limited only by the support of your PLL)
    - Added support for 166 and 266Mhz FSBs
    - Added user friendly configuration with GUI support
    - Added the display of the overclocked frequency applied to the CPU

12/12/2008 v3.1
    - First public release!

* For version 3.2, custom overclocking profiles...
    Previous SetFSB Auto Tool releases

Compatible with:

- Vista x86/x64
    - XP x86/x64

I hope that this little tool will be useful to you, as it was for me...

* I tested it exhaustively, but if you find any bug or error, please report it in this topic.
    Last edited by Audigy; 12th December 2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Public Release!

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: [SetFSB Auto Tool] - Automatic CPU overclocking utility

I will upload the tool in a few hours... Im only doing some final testings on various machines to make sure that everything is ok.

Notebook Consultant

how do i get the ppl without opening up my laptop

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
    how do i get the ppl without opening up my laptop
    First things first - you need to find YOUR PLL/clock generator among SetFSB's list in order to actually manipulate it. There are only two ways to find out your PLL:

1. Open up your laptop, find it on the motherboard and then look at what it say it is.

2. Instead you can just try with every PLL generator in SetFSB, until you get the correct one. The correct one will show your CPU frequency as identical to the one in CPU-Z. Find it via trial and error.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Audigy View Post
    I will upload the tool in a few hours... Im only doing some final testings on various machines to make sure that everything is ok.

wow!! the most awesome OC tool nd programmer is back!! Awesome job!!
    Sager NP5793 Orange Trim -- It Lives!!!!! GPU - nVidia Quadro FX3700M 1GB GDDR3

8800m sux!! lol

Notebook Consultant

has any1 already found the ppl for a t5750 or any1 know where i could search it online ?

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
    wow!! the most awesome OC tool nd programmer is back!! Awesome job!!
    Thanks

Im glad I can help!

Quote Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
    has any1 already found the ppl for a t5750 or any1 know where i could search it online ?
    Remeber, the PLL is not CPU dependent... it is located on your motherboard, so its model/platform dependent.

Try all the PLLs listed on SetFSB, thats the easiest way.

Over Clock Master

this still doesn't work on the np9262 right audigy? even with knowing the pll?
    M18X R2 | 3940XM | 780M SLI | 2 Samsung EVO's 256 GB | Vertex 4 512 GB | Msata 240 GB | BRDVD | 16 GB 2133 Mhz |
    RVE | 5960X | 4 GTX 980's | 1 Vertex 4 256 | 16GB Corsair Ballist Sport 2400 Mhz DDR4
    Quit jumping on examples as if they are topics! (a favorite forum mistake)

Anything Benchmarking/Over clocking/Tweaking/Gaming & Performance (located in off topic)

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by johnksss View Post
    this still doesn't work on the np9262 right audigy? even with knowing the pll?
    Unfortunately the PLL of the D901C has some kind of lock on the SMBus... leading to an impossibility of changing the FSB via softmod(PLL Registers).

Over Clock Master

they must have seriously knew something when making this model...
    M18X R2 | 3940XM | 780M SLI | 2 Samsung EVO's 256 GB | Vertex 4 512 GB | Msata 240 GB | BRDVD | 16 GB 2133 Mhz |
    RVE | 5960X | 4 GTX 980's | 1 Vertex 4 256 | 16GB Corsair Ballist Sport 2400 Mhz DDR4
    Quit jumping on examples as if they are topics! (a favorite forum mistake)

Anything Benchmarking/Over clocking/Tweaking/Gaming & Performance (located in off topic)

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast