Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mastershake

Default in case you kill your phoenix bios: bios recovery methods

Phoenix BIOS Recovery

Update: Boot-Block Jumper
    http://rapidshare.com/files/17200340...ock_Jumper.rar

This is the latest PHLASH16:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/172003238/flashBIOSv1.3.rar

Here is the Archive with all the files needed and How to for Phoenix BIOS Recovery.

Method 1.
    http://www.box.net/shared/j2u98ci67f

How To:

1. Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool with MiniDOS files to make your Bootable: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
    When creating the boot Floppy, select from Folder Options to view the hiden and system files and delete or rename the file config.sys if present.
    Couse we need DOS with no additional programs that are loaded, which could interfere with the operation of the BIOS flash application.
    2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
    3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
    4. Remove the battery, unplug the computer from the power.
    5. Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B (On some new Acer Laptop's Fn+Esc and on some new Fujitsu Siemens Laptop's Fn+F)and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button.
    6. Now you should hear the flopy drive working, hold the keys for a while and then let go.
    7. Leve the computer for at least 10 min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.
    8. Plug the battery and the power sorce and if everything went OK the computer shold start normaly.
    Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and in some cases the USB Stick might not work.

Method 2.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/105952250/Metod_2.rar

How To:

1. Click on the Phoenix_Crisis_Recovery.exe to make: Flopy, USB Flopy.
    When creating the boot Floppy, select from Folder Options to view the hiden and system files and delete or rename the file config.sys if present.
    Couse we need DOS with no additional programs that are loaded, which could interfere with the operation of the BIOS flash application.
    2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.
    3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.
    5. Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B (On some new Acer Laptop's Fn+Esc and on some new Fujitsu Siemens Laptop's Fn+F) and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button.
    6. Now you should hear the flopy drive working, hold the keys for a while and then let go.
    7. Leve the computer for at least 10 min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.
    8. Plug the battery and the power sorce and if everything went OK the computer shold start normaly.
    Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and in some cases the USB Stick might not work.

Method 3.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/105952818/Metod_3.rar

How To:

1. Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool with MiniDOS files to make your Bootable: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
    2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
    3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
    5. Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B (On some new Acer Laptop's Fn+Esc and on some new Fujitsu Siemens Laptop's Fn+F) and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button.

Method 4.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/105953337/Metod_4.rar

How To:

1. Click on the Phoenix_Crisis_Recovery.exe to make: Flopy, USB Flopy.
    2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.
    3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.

The HP Tool is located in the archive of the first metod.
    Use the metods in order form 1 to 4, unless you think otherwise...
    Hope you never use this and if you ever have to GOOD LUCK.
    Last edited by zfactor; 10th December 2008 at 04:24 AM.
    See my guide on how to make a bootable usb stick: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/246530-how-flash-your-bios-dos-using-usb-stick.html new updated one will be here soon: http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...87&postcount=1
    laptop lol which one... we have 8 currently at home..
    Meatwad you're up next, with your knock-knock.
    Meatwad make the money see. Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, living like a star ice on my fingers and my toes, and im a taurus

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Default Re: in case you kill your phoenix bios: bios recovery methods

Hi.

getting errors from the first 2 rapidshare links , the rest seem fine!

Regards

John.
    DON`T BLAME ME IF YOUR NOTEBOOK BLOWS UP WHILE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE, IT`S PURELY VOLUNTARY

HP Envy Rove 20-k000ea 20 inch Mobile AIO desktop PC - Plextor M5 Pro Extreme 512GB SSD SLC Enterprise Grade

Mastershake

sorry ill fix it as soon as i get back home i dont have those on this computer ill re-up them later for everyone
    See my guide on how to make a bootable usb stick: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=246530 new updated one will be here soon: http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...87&postcount=1
    laptop lol which one... we have 8 currently at home..
    Meatwad you're up next, with your knock-knock.
    Meatwad make the money see. Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, living like a star ice on my fingers and my toes, and im a taurus

Over Clock Master

just one small question....

just what might be the blind flash recovery key combo for a sager/clevo?
    M18X R2 | 3940XM | 780M SLI | 2 Samsung EVO's 256 GB | Vertex 4 512 GB | Msata 240 GB | BRDVD | 16 GB 2133 Mhz |
    Rampage V Extreme | 5960X | 4 GTX 980's | 1 Vertex 4 256 | 16GB Corsair Vengence 2666 Mhz DDR4
    Quit jumping on examples as if they are topics! (a favorite forum mistake)

Anything Benchmarking/Over clocking/Tweaking/Gaming & Performance (located in off topic)

Notebook Enthusiast

Hello!

I have HP Pavilion DV6449us. After bios update crash it is not booting again. It turns on but restarts after few seconds. Got USB floppy drive and tried all possible methods but no success. Still same black screen and reboots. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Lazy as the Day is Long

The first two links aren't working because, so far as I can tell, the NBR software truncated the urls.

From what I can reconstruct, I believe the full url for the second link is: http://rapidshare.com/files/15674471...6.5.4.rar.html

For the second, I believe the link is: http://rapidshare.com/files/14946637...ock_Jumper.pdf

(n.b., I found 'em on this digital life forum thread: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/sho...49&postcount=1)

Notebook Deity

thx for the info Zfactor and Shyster, im sure this will be needed when i screw up my puter
    Sager NP 8662|P8700|Nvidia 260GTX|4GB Ram| Windows 7 Ultimate x64/ #!Crunchbang Linux
    Acer Aspire One| C-50 + 6250| Fedora 17

Desktop: | MSI 870-G45 | 4GB DDR3 | Galaxy 460 GTX 768 Mb | Win 7 Ultimate x64 |GhostBSD

Over Clock Master

more will be needed if it takes a key combination to invoke the bios recover option. which no one seems to have. because the ones listed do not work for a np9262. that's for sure.
    M18X R2 | 3940XM | 780M SLI | 2 Samsung EVO's 256 GB | Vertex 4 512 GB | Msata 240 GB | BRDVD | 16 GB 2133 Mhz |
    Rampage V Extreme | 5960X | 4 GTX 980's | 1 Vertex 4 256 | 16GB Corsair Vengence 2666 Mhz DDR4
    Quit jumping on examples as if they are topics! (a favorite forum mistake)

Anything Benchmarking/Over clocking/Tweaking/Gaming & Performance (located in off topic)

Notebook Consultant

In step3 where it says "Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Flopy"
    What file should i rename to bios.wph.
    First of all where is my BIOS file?? what is it named as? Is it located in 86TU0808.zip
    and finally is the version compatible with the one listed in method1??
    If possible i am going to try it out in that order so I would be glad if the how to could be re-written
    or modified so that nothing is left out and is complete in itself. That would be a great favour.
    Can some one help this poor guy out ?? :'(
    I just dont want to do it wrong agian. Can some one tell me please???
    I am a bit too hesitant. I absolutely want to be sure......
    For gamming - Sager NP8660 with P8600, 9800m GT, 320gb 5400rpm hdd, 4gb ram, 1680x1050 glossy screen.

For surfing - Acer tm4020 (3yrs old) and still in perfect working condition. Not a single problem till now!

Notebook Enthusiast

Hello!

After long 2 nights I have finally recovered my HP Pavilion DV6449us. And I want to share how I did that.

Things you need:
    1. Floppy disc.
    2. USB Floppy drive.
    3. Phoenix Recovery Disc creator (Download here, Mirror1, Mirror2).
    4. Bios update file (From official web site HP Support & Drivers).

When you got all of mentioned:
    1. Unrar Phoenix Recovery Disc creator (It contains CRISDISK (folder) Autoexec.bat and PHLASH16.TXT).
    2. Run ...\Phoenix Recovery\CRISDISK\wincris.exe.
    3. Select Create Minidos Crisis Disc.
    4. Format it and it will copy 3 files to your new boot floppy (bios.wph, minidos.sys, phlash16.exe).
    5. Now you need to replace bios.wph (on floppy) with yours bios file. Extract spxxxxx.exe (Bios update) which you downloaded from official web site with winrar (right click on it and "Extract to...").
    6. There you will find *.wph/bios.wph file. Copy it to floppy and replace old one. Its name must be bios.wph. Or it wont boot.
    7. After that in archive "Phoenix Recovery Disc creator" is file autoexec.bat. You can modify it as you wish to add extra parameters for flashing process. Parrameters are listed in file PHLASH16.TXT in "Phoenix Recovery Disc creator" archive. Or you can leave it as it is.

Now you have boot floppy with phlash 1.6.5.4 and your bios file.

1. Take out battery.
    2. Unplug power cable.
    3. Plug in floppy drive.
    4. Insert floppy disc.
    5. Now hold Win+B/FN+B keys and insert power cable and push power button while holding down Win+B/FN+B keys.
    6. After 3 sec let go buttons.

Floppy drive should start working. Not less then 30sec. It indicates that flashing has begun. Or if your bios makes sound than you can observe flashing by sound.
    Give it time to flash, better to wait ~10min.

Good luck! Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast