Quantcast Sager, Clevo, Rock, Falcon Northwest, Novatech - Who do you guys prefer?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Sager, Clevo, Rock, Falcon Northwest, Novatech - Who do you guys prefer?

All of these brands seem to use the same bodies to make their models, this is most noticeable with the Sager 5756, the Clevo M57TU, the Rock Xtreme 770, but Falcon dont have a laptop that is similar, because that would be the Falcon Northwest Fragbook DLX, The Sager 9296, the Clevo D900/901C and the Rock Xtreme SL8.

So now all the laptops are pretty much the same, externally at the very least. So which brand do you guys prefer?

I have heard that Falcon Northwest wayyy overcharge on their products or something, but if I could have a really quality product for more or a poorly built model for less, I know where I'd go.

Is there a vast difference in quality? Or are F-NW just a bit... up themselves?
    Sony VAIO FW21L - Intel Centrino 2 T5800 (2 x 2.00GHz) processor, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, ATi Radeon HD3470 w/ 256mb Dedicated Graphics, 16.4" WXGA++ (1600x900), Blue-Ray Optical Drive.
    AWESOME MACHINE!

C'thulhu fhtagn

Default Re: Sager, Clevo, Rock, Falcon Northwest, Novatech - Who do you guys prefer?

All of those machines are Clevos.

As mentioned in an earlier thread of yours,
    Falcon Northwest DRX Fragbook is imense...

All of these machines are Clevos.

The others, merely take a Clevo chassis and put them together, with parts inside or sell them via a distributor of Clevo models (i.e Sager, Prostar, Kobalt)

Sager 5796/5793 = Clevo 570TU/570RU
    Sager 8660 = Clevo M860TU
    Sager 9262 = Fragbook DRX/ Clevo D90XC

And so on and so forth.

If you want the Falcon so much, go for it.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Sager, Clevo, Rock, Falcon Northwest, Novatech - Who do you guys prefer?

Woah, I'm no where close to being in the market for a mega-bucks machine, I was just wondering what everyones opinions on all of the different brands.
    Sony VAIO FW21L - Intel Centrino 2 T5800 (2 x 2.00GHz) processor, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, ATi Radeon HD3470 w/ 256mb Dedicated Graphics, 16.4" WXGA++ (1600x900), Blue-Ray Optical Drive.
    AWESOME MACHINE!

C'thulhu fhtagn

Quote Originally Posted by SonyVaioAW View Post
    Woah, I'm no where close to being in the market for a mega-bucks machine, I was just wondering what everyones opinions on all of the different brands.
    Well, as I mentioned, it's all the same chassis.

Falcon NW uses the exact same chassis, but offers a name, gorgeous paintjob, supposedly awesome customer service and then charges you a kidney for it.

The parts used are the exact same parts. The CPUs would be from Intel, motherboard and GPU from Clevo, and various bits and pieces that can definitely be sourced from the same supplier, i.e. all Hitachi HDDs or all WD HDDs.

As for brand, a lot of European or UK customers would not consider Sager or Xotipc due to warranty/import tax issues. They might go for Kobalt (UK) or Notebookguru (Germany) or XXODD (Netherlands)

Notebook Virtuoso

PCMW, it seems even though the EDGE is the m860tu, I have no problems with it. They do a 200 point test before releasing the machine to its customer. And that definitely worked in my favour.
    Asus N61JQ-A1
    16" HD WXGA LED 16:9, i7-720QM, 4GB DDR3, 500GB 7200RPM, 4X Blu-Ray Burner, Mobility Radeon HD5730; 2-3 hours battery life

Notebook Consultant

A few of them offer some difference in their graphics cards that others may not offer as well as a few minor internal components, biggest difference to me though is the prices

Also the area being manufactured, for example if anything happens to ur notebook i doubt that u'd want to be shipping it over seas to a place like sager, but rather keep in somewhere in ur area with kobalt
    And remember kids don't drink and type, or else you might lose two of your most favorite things

Notebook Consultant

I'm guessing that as you mention Rock and Novatech you are from the UK

Basically, don't go with Rock at the moment... they have just been bought out from administration and have yet to get themselves sorted (I know this from personal experience aswell as what is happening on varoius forums as I own a rather temperomental laptop sold by them...). I have just bought a Novatech laptop, after a tour of their factory by the Commercial Director

I have to say I can't fault the Novatech after sales support so far, even though I have had to contact them once regarding a small keyboard issue... I would go for them If I were you

Notebook Enthusiast

I would avoid Falcon, simply because they're overpriced in my opinion.

Notebook Evangelist

falcon is over priced

Notebook Consultant

but their website is so awesome, love the songs ^^

-------------------
    Xtreme 770 | X9000 | 8800m GTX | 200gb 7200rpm |
    4gb ram | WUXGA X-Glass | 3DMark: 06/Vantage => 9482/P3701 - 174.82

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast