Quantcast **Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge** - Page 75

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 415 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 4147
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: **Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge**

  1. #741
    Old School
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arcade
    Posts
    30,387
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by sitecap View Post
    I originally bought an MSI GE40 a while ago before I had found out that the W230ST was available. I couldn't justify another purchase, so I tried something I had never tried before - I bought the Clevo barebones - completely empty.

    Moved my i7-4900, 2x Plextor 256 mSATA, 1 Segate 1TB drive, and 16GB of Kingston memory over. Fiddled with the bios settings to enable RAID. On first reboot it didn't recognize the RAID 0 mSATAs. On second reboot, the Intel RAID BIOS appeared and it booted into Windows 7.

    I was prepared to do a complete re-install, but I didn't have too. Just put on all of the proper drivers and it's working like a charm. Very happy with the W230ST. The screen is so much better than the MSI GE40. By feel, it seems a little bit heavier, but much more solid. Happy to have a backlit keyboard.
    Great to hear! Thanks for that information too. Hope you enjoy it!

    Does your W230ST have any backlight bleed?

    Latest Reviews: Blade 14 Performance | Aorus X7 | Sager: NP7338 W230SS 860m | NP9377 P375SM 880m SLI | NP8268 P150SM-A 880m | other Clevo : Other Reviews
    Sager NP7338 'Serenity': 13.3" 1080p IPS Matte - i7-4810MQ - GTX 860m - 16GB 1866 - 256GB Plextor M5M + 960GB M500 - Intel 7260 802.11AC - Win 8.1
    Stuff: Vaio Pro 11 i5/1080p/4GB/128GB, LG G2, Acer V5-122p, WHS 2011, Desktop SFF i5-3570k/GTX670

  2. #742
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Im having some trouble finding one of these with an IPS screen as standard in the UK. So far none of the UK resellers ive been to make any mention of an IPS screen in the specifications. Ive spoken with PCSpecialist and they confirmed that their model does not have an IPS panel. Whats going on over here in the UK?

  3. #743
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    @Amal

    You mentioned that your i7-4700mq temps are under 90c when gaming/benchmarking at stock clocks without any mods or cooling, how come rlrh, htwingnut and some others are getting 99c on their cpu temps?

    Remember i'm talking about the first test you did and not after when you had to put a stand or cooling or repasting or whatever, i'm talking about when you just got your w230st and you did your initial test with the 3dmark11 and you posted a screenshot and your cpu temps didn't even exceed above 89c.


    Why are the others after running just 3dmark11 or several minutes of a game, the cpu shoots up to 99c and with rlrh at 100c and yours stays a lot cooler in the 80s?





    Another thing for all w230st owners, does your fan make a noise like a grating/grinding noise the same kind of sound like a mechanical drives does? I only have an SSD inside so the only moving part inside my w230st is the fan and I hear this grating noise.

  4. #744
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Pritch91 View Post
    Im having some trouble finding one of these with an IPS screen as standard in the UK. So far none of the UK resellers ive been to make any mention of an IPS screen in the specifications. Ive spoken with PCSpecialist and they confirmed that their model does not have an IPS panel. Whats going on over here in the UK?
    There are no IPS panels in w230st.
    It's an IPS-like screen, apparently called AAS ( Azimuthal Anchoring Switching).

    PCSpecialist should have it, since they told me they're shipping it with the CHI MEI INNOLUX panel.

  5. #745
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by lastnikita View Post
    There are no IPS panels in w230st.
    It's an IPS-like screen, apparently called AAS ( Azimuthal Anchoring Switching).

    PCSpecialist should have it, since they told me they're shipping it with the CHI MEI INNOLUX panel.
    Ok thats good to know thanks, just a misunderstanding on my part then, i heard the CHI MEI's referred to as IPS screens.

  6. #746
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by lastnikita View Post
    There are no IPS panels in w230st.
    It's an IPS-like screen, apparently called AAS ( Azimuthal Anchoring Switching).

    PCSpecialist should have it, since they told me they're shipping it with the CHI MEI INNOLUX panel.
    IPS is just a trademark name owned by LG for a type of screen technology, but everyone refers to screens of that type as IPS because they are using almost the exact same tech. Kinda like the same way everyone refers to every tissue as a Kleenex.

  7. #747
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    763
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Colpolite View Post
    @Amal

    You mentioned that your i7-4700mq temps are under 90c when gaming/benchmarking at stock clocks without any mods or cooling, how come rlrh, htwingnut and some others are getting 99c on their cpu temps?

    Remember i'm talking about the first test you did and not after when you had to put a stand or cooling or repasting or whatever, i'm talking about when you just got your w230st and you did your initial test with the 3dmark11 and you posted a screenshot and your cpu temps didn't even exceed above 89c.


    Why are the others after running just 3dmark11 or several minutes of a game, the cpu shoots up to 99c and with rlrh at 100c and yours stays a lot cooler in the 80s?





    Another thing for all w230st owners, does your fan make a noise like a grating/grinding noise the same kind of sound like a mechanical drives does? I only have an SSD inside so the only moving part inside my w230st is the fan and I hear this grating noise.
    I don't think the rest are having high temp on 3DMark11.
    It is those games that highly rely on CPU speed.

    I haven't fully test mine yet on those games, and I suspect I might have temp reaching 90c and above with the CPU turbo boost enabled.
    Currently popping in my old Sager NP8150 HDD, with most games outdated, and haven't had the chance to re-update it back home.
    CLEVO W230ST | 13.3" 1920x1080 | i7-4700QM | GTX 765M | 16GB DDR3 | CRUCIAL M4 512GB SSD

    VAIO S13P | 13.3" 1600x900 | i7-3520M | GT 640M LE 3DMark11 P2425| 8GB DDR3 | CRUCIAL M4 512GB SSD

  8. #748
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Amal77 View Post
    I don't think the rest are having high temp on 3DMark11.
    It is those games that highly rely on CPU speed.

    I haven't fully test mine yet on those games, and I suspect I might have temp reaching 90c and above with the CPU turbo boost enabled.
    Currently popping in my old Sager NP8150 HDD, with most games outdated, and haven't had the chance to re-update it back home.

    Well RLRH and me, a simple 3dmark06 and 3dmark11 which takes 5-10 min to complete and my cpu reaches 99c core and idles at 50-55c. Are you telling me that after you ran a simple 3dmark11 or 3dmark06, your cpu temps never goes above 89c? See this is why i'm asking you if yours is like that before you did any of the mods or whatever, all i'm asking is when you did it @ stock no cooling mod, no lifting the bottom none of that etc..




    Can you do a simple test for me, say a 3dmark06 or 3dmark11 which takes 5-10 min to complete if you have time. Do this test with your i7-4700mq and everything stock and no voltage adjustment and no disabling turbo boost and just sit the laptop flat on the table without any cooling pad or mod or that raises the laptop and please tell me your cpu core max temp and gpu. Thanks

  9. #749
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    763
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Colpolite View Post
    Well RLRH and me, a simple 3dmark06 and 3dmark11 which takes 5-10 min to complete and my cpu reaches 99c core and idles at 50-55c. Are you telling me that after you ran a simple 3dmark11 or 3dmark06, your cpu temps never goes above 89c? See this is why i'm asking you if yours is like that before you did any of the mods or whatever, all i'm asking is when you did it @ stock no cooling mod, no lifting the bottom none of that etc..




    Can you do a simple test for me, say a 3dmark06 or 3dmark11 which takes 5-10 min to complete if you have time. Do this test with your i7-4700mq and everything stock and no voltage adjustment and no disabling turbo boost and just sit the laptop flat on the table without any cooling pad or mod or that raises the laptop and please tell me your cpu core max temp and gpu. Thanks
    The first test I did was without any adjustment on anything, all at stock, with the turbo boost enabled, and on a flat surface without cooling pad or anything.

    .
    Copy Paste :
    Quote Originally Posted by Amal77 View Post
    Got mine yesterday, but been very busy since I got em.
    Not much time spent on the little beast.

    Only manage to try out 3DMark11.

    I'm quite impressed with the temp though.
    Luckily mine doesn't turn out like one of our owner here from singapore.

    Here are the test (ambient 26c-28c):

    CPU Turbo boost enabled :


    CPU Turbp boost disabled :


    Edit : My bad. The guy from singapore doesn't have any issues running 3DMark11, but CPU intensive game(BF3).
    Hopefully mine doesn't shut down too.
    So, max CPU is 86c and Max GPU of 64c.
    CLEVO W230ST | 13.3" 1920x1080 | i7-4700QM | GTX 765M | 16GB DDR3 | CRUCIAL M4 512GB SSD

    VAIO S13P | 13.3" 1600x900 | i7-3520M | GT 640M LE 3DMark11 P2425| 8GB DDR3 | CRUCIAL M4 512GB SSD

  10. #750
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: ***Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Amal77 View Post
    The first test I did was without any adjustment on anything, all at stock, with the turbo boost enabled, and on a flat surface without cooling pad or anything.

    .
    Copy Paste :


    So, max CPU is 86c and Max GPU of 64c.


    Yeah your cpu at 86c is the perfect temperature after running that 3dmark11, but I do not understand why mine is 99c after 3dmark06 or 3dmark11 with the same conditions as yours. What could possibly be wrong?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. **Official Clevo W110ER / Sager NP6110 Owner's Lounge**
    By Ryan in forum Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges
    Replies: 5447
    Last Post: 20th September 2014, 11:06 PM
  2. *Official Sager NP9380, NP9390 / Clevo P370SM, P370SM3, P375SM Owner's Lounge**
    By HTWingNut in forum Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges
    Replies: 1797
    Last Post: 6th September 2014, 06:50 PM
  3. W230ST - The 13" We've been waiting for!?
    By HTWingNut in forum Sager and Clevo
    Replies: 2019
    Last Post: 22nd July 2013, 02:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1