Quantcast HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review - Page 21

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1186
  1. #201
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Moobke View Post
    Dear Wingnut,

    I read your review and you stated the availability of the i7 3612 instead of the normal i7 3610 processor.

    I understood it uses 35 instead of 45w and has 200mhz less.

    Could you clarify what changes this would have on the system in terms of battery duration and temperature? Is it worth paying 60 EURO extra?

    I would be using the machine in class which would mean longer battery life would be a great plus!

    Sorry for my English and thank you in advance!
    Moobke
    I think HeavenCry's going to post about that 3612QM eventually.

    In the meantime, any point using i5 2450 & 650m-equipped m14xs or np6165s for comparison?
    Last edited by milnallz; 8th May 2012 at 03:42 PM.

  2. #202
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPhilo View Post
    I'm gonna get this laptop, but my spec's are lower than yours (i5-2450M and 500GB HDD). But thanks for the review.

    I was wondering if my temperature be similar to yours even though it's 35W, it is a 32nm whereas Ivy is 22nm at 45W.

    Also, I don't know if this is true, but the lower the graphic setting the less heat it produces as it doesn't have to work as hard? < is that correct?
    yep, I think that's right, just not sure how much though... and if you lower the setting enough, the laptop can just use the Intel HD4000 instead of GT 650m, which will definitely cooler. About the CPU, your temp should be cooler as well.

  3. #203
    Ho Freaking Ho
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    With Booze and Stogie
    Posts
    31,263
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Moobke View Post
    Dear Wingnut,

    I read your review and you stated the availability of the i7 3612 instead of the normal i7 3610 processor.

    I understood it uses 35 instead of 45w and has 200mhz less.

    Could you clarify what changes this would have on the system in terms of battery duration and temperature? Is it worth paying 60 EURO extra?

    I would be using the machine in class which would mean longer battery life would be a great plus!

    Sorry for my English and thank you in advance!
    Moobke
    I do not know for certain. We need to get some parts to check.

    Quote Originally Posted by bydoempire View Post
    can you disable turboboost in the bios, and, if so, how much does it drop the heat from the cpu? (i'd assume a fair bit on a 45w.)
    Nope, can't do anything in the BIOS. But you can turn off turbo boost by setting min and max processor speed in the power settings or using ThrottleStop and lock the multiplier. But in any case, yes it does drop heat a bit. I believe I posted somewhere earlier in this thread, but will try to find it and will repost.

    Quote Originally Posted by milnallz View Post
    I think HeavenCry's going to post about that 3612QM eventually.

    In the meantime, any point using i5 2450 & 650m-equipped m14xs or np6165s for comparison?
    The 650m in the M14x is GDDR5, although would be happy to see comparison in performance. I am also curious about the 3612QM and power and temperature. I still think a dual core ivy at 35W will still run even cooler and use less power yet.

    LATEST REVIEWS: Clevo P650SE 970m | MSI GS60 970m | Sager NP9377 980m SLI | MSI GT72 GTX 980m
    REVIEWS: Sager: NP7338 W230SS 860m | NP9377 P375SM 880m SLI | NP8268 P150SM-A 880m | other Sager/Clevo // Other: Blade 14 870m | Aorus X7 | Other Reviews
    Clevo P650SE: 15.6" 1080p IPS Matte . i7-4710HQ . GTX 970m 3GB . 16GB 2133 . 256GB Samsung XP941 . 960GB M500 . Killer N1525
    Samsung ATIV 9: 13.3" 3k IPS . i5-4200U . 8GB . 128GB XP941

  4. #204
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,558
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    HT, any chance you could comment on the keyboard? I see some sites saying that it's a reduced size version, so... is that the case? Does it feel much like the 90% keyboards found on netbooks? Is it easy to get used to?

    Thanks!

  5. #205
    R3d
    R3d is offline
    Notebook Virtuoso
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    Here are some 3dm11 scores for the m14x with the 650m gddr5 (graphics only). 2070 (stock, 745 to 835 with boost/1000) , 2376 (880-970, 1203)

    HT, if you feel up to running the metro benchmark again at 900p, you could compare it to some benchmarks that littlezipp ran on his m14x. (stock, OC)

  6. #206
    Custom User Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    One thing that wasn't tested, or asked for that might be important for some people is DPC latency. If you could download the DPC Latency Checker here http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml and run a few basic tests with it, that would be hugely appreciated, and although I can't rep you again now as I have to spread it around, I will be sure to rep you once I am allowed to again.

  7. #207
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    so that power brick looks ridiculous.

    Anyone think something like this would work?

    Kensington 120W Slim AC/DC Notebook Power Adapter Review

  8. #208
    Ho Freaking Ho
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    With Booze and Stogie
    Posts
    31,263
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    Quote Originally Posted by min2209 View Post
    HT, any chance you could comment on the keyboard? I see some sites saying that it's a reduced size version, so... is that the case? Does it feel much like the 90% keyboards found on netbooks? Is it easy to get used to?

    Thanks!
    Keyboard is 10 inches wide by a little under 4 inches deep. My Eee 1215b has a keyboard 11 inches wide by 4 inches deep. The difference I see is the Eee has Del, Home, PgUp, PgDn, End, Right Arrow on the right side, and arrow keys on Clevo are a little smaller. Keys on Eee are 15mm wide and 14mm wide on the Clevo.

    CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE



    Quote Originally Posted by R3d View Post
    Here are some 3dm11 scores for the m14x with the 650m gddr5 (graphics only). 2070 (stock, 745 to 835 with boost/1000) , 2376 (880-970, 1203)

    HT, if you feel up to running the metro benchmark again at 900p, you could compare it to some benchmarks that littlezipp ran on his m14x. (stock, OC)
    I will run, but not sure about what you're saying. The number you listed is different than the number in the link. Also are you saying it can boost to 1000MHz? I do plan on doing some overclocking, but I'm just a bit concerned about temperatures.

    Edit: Here we go. Stock 835 boost to 950, M15x is about 15% better:



    Quote Originally Posted by Crylo View Post
    One thing that wasn't tested, or asked for that might be important for some people is DPC latency. If you could download the DPC Latency Checker here DPC Latency Checker and run a few basic tests with it, that would be hugely appreciated, and although I can't rep you again now as I have to spread it around, I will be sure to rep you once I am allowed to again.
    Will run and report back.
    Last edited by HTWingNut; 8th May 2012 at 07:34 PM.

    LATEST REVIEWS: Clevo P650SE 970m | MSI GS60 970m | Sager NP9377 980m SLI | MSI GT72 GTX 980m
    REVIEWS: Sager: NP7338 W230SS 860m | NP9377 P375SM 880m SLI | NP8268 P150SM-A 880m | other Sager/Clevo // Other: Blade 14 870m | Aorus X7 | Other Reviews
    Clevo P650SE: 15.6" 1080p IPS Matte . i7-4710HQ . GTX 970m 3GB . 16GB 2133 . 256GB Samsung XP941 . 960GB M500 . Killer N1525
    Samsung ATIV 9: 13.3" 3k IPS . i5-4200U . 8GB . 128GB XP941

  9. #209
    I'm addicted to laptops!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    5,232
    Rep Power
    36

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    That's still a big power brick just flatter, with great power you get a big PSU.




    MSI GT60

    CPU--4800MQ--GPU 780MGTX--16GB RAM--SUPER RAID

  10. #210
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: HTWingNut's Sager NP6110 / Clevo W110ER First Look & Review

    Quote Originally Posted by IKAS V View Post
    That's still a big power brick just flatter, with great power you get a big PSU.
    yeah, but flatter is easier for me. it'd fit in my bag better.

    if it'd work, then this could be my next laptop....

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1