Quantcast **Official Sager NP8180 / Clevo P180HM Owners Lounge** - Page 14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: **Official Sager NP8180 / Clevo P180HM Owners Lounge**

Thanks for the help. Another question, does the laptop have lighting that comes from the vents and on the deck lid? I was told by one of the resellers that showed it in the pics that it wasn't custom and it was standard on the clevo chassis. Is that true?

And can the colors be changed on the vents, decklid, and on the keyboard?

Also, I've seen that the g-keys and touchkeys on the top are lit, but is the qwerty keyboard lit as well?

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by [FETT]Cupcake View Post
    Thanks for the help. Another question, does the laptop have lighting that comes from the vents and on the deck lid? I was told by one of the resellers that showed it in the pics that it wasn't custom and it was standard on the clevo chassis. Is that true?

And can the colors be changed on the vents, decklid, and on the keyboard?

Also, I've seen that the g-keys and touchkeys on the top are lit, but is the qwerty keyboard lit as well?
    Hey

The back of the LCD has a pattern it, along with the other things you mention. However, the keyboard itself is not backlit.

And none of the colors can be changed =)

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today! We do have QHD+ For the Chaos 1313-A (W230SS)

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mythlogic View Post
    Hey

The back of the LCD has a pattern it, along with the other things you mention. However, the keyboard itself is not backlit.

And none of the colors can be changed =)
    Kinda bummed that the keyboard is not lit, I've gotten used to that. What color are the lights in the vents and on the lcd? Blue?

And ifI was to take advantage of the free painting of the decklid, would that cover the design?

Plus I see you guys offer free 1600 speed ram, but whenI go configue an erebus the 1600 speed is not listed. Do you just do that automatically?

Notebook Retailer

Yes there are blue lighting all around the keyboard but not on it.
    _

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Larry@LPC-Digital View Post
    It is always good to check the thread below and contact the resellers as to the deals being offered

Clevo Guide v3.0 - FAQ and Reseller Info ****READ BEFORE POSTING****
    _
    Thanks, I found that thread after I posted. I will definintly be making some phone calls when the time comes for me to place my order.

I was also wondering what you guys think about the CPUs. Is it worth upgrading to the 2860 and maybe sacrificing the GPU? Or would getting a lower end 2660 or 2760 but getting a better GPU like the 6990m or 580m?

Anyone have the 6990m? What are your thoughts on it?

I plan on keeping this laptop for some time and will be looking into upgrades later on. My thoughts are that it is easier to upgrade the GPU then the CPU so I was going to go for the 2860 and sacrifice on the GPU for now.

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineLvr View Post
    Thanks, I found that thread after I posted. I will definintly be making some phone calls when the time comes for me to place my order.

I was also wondering what you guys think about the CPUs. Is it worth upgrading to the 2860 and maybe sacrificing the GPU? Or would getting a lower end 2660 or 2760 but getting a better GPU like the 6990m or 580m?

Anyone have the 6990m? What are your thoughts on it?

I plan on keeping this laptop for some time and will be looking into upgrades later on. My thoughts are that it is easier to upgrade the GPU then the CPU so I was going to go for the 2860 and sacrifice on the GPU for now.
    It's definitely better to max out the GPU unless you don't plan to game at all. The 6990 or the 580m will bottleneck your CPU to the point that even the 2670QM will play any game you throw at it. You have to remember that the 580m or 6990m only equate to middle of the road desktop cards (560Ti), while the 2670 or 2760 are fairly close in performance to their desktop versions. You might increase FPS by 1-5% going to the 2860, but you'll increase it 100% going from the 560m to the 580m or 6990m.

Also of note, upgrading the CPU yourself shouldn't cost much more than the upgrade price, most of the time. Upgrading the GPU yourself will start around $500 and go up for the higher end models.
    Notice: this account is no longer active. If you have any questions for us
    or need any assistance, please contact us on the MALIBAL Forums. Thank you.

Notebook Enthusiast

Can anyone recommend a backpack for this monster? I figured with the weight I'd rather carry the load on both shoulders instead of one.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by MALIBAL #2 View Post
    It's definitely better to max out the GPU unless you don't plan to game at all. The 6990 or the 580m will bottleneck your CPU to the point that even the 2670QM will play any game you throw at it. You have to remember that the 580m or 6990m only equate to middle of the road desktop cards (560Ti), while the 2670 or 2760 are fairly close in performance to their desktop versions. You might increase FPS by 1-5% going to the 2860, but you'll increase it 100% going from the 560m to the 580m or 6990m.

Also of note, upgrading the CPU yourself shouldn't cost much more than the upgrade price, most of the time. Upgrading the GPU yourself will start around $500 and go up for the higher end models.
    I do plan on doing some gaming. I suppose I could go for a lower model CPU and get a higher GPU. I'm really leaning towards the 6990m. The 580m is appealing, but the price is just too steep, plus when looking at NotebookCheck it seems the 6990m may actually be just as good, if not better.

I'm still torn between the P180HM and the P170HM. I like the look and size of the P180HM (do the vents really have blue lights standard or is that an option?), but I could actually get the 2860QM and the 6990m in the P170HM for a similar price as the P180HM with the 2760QM and the 6990m.

I'm going to have to sit down and go over what I feel are needs rather than wants, like a BD drive and amount of RAM. I suppose those things will be easiest to upgrade later on. I'll see how much sweet talking I can do to the wife to up my budget a bit.

Notebook Enthusiast

I received my P180HM yesterday and so far I'm pretty pleased with it. However, I thought I was going to be able to change the colours of the lights, and I also thought the light vents were coming standard. Is there any way to tweak this or will there be at some point in the future?

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by [FETT]Cupcake View Post
    Can anyone recommend a backpack for this monster? I figured with the weight I'd rather carry the load on both shoulders instead of one.
    Some have used the one in the link below.

Amazon.com: Toshiba PA1453U-1BG8 18.4 inches Gaming Backpack: Electronics

_