Quantcast **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge** - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Mythlogic and other NP5160 resellers,

Do you know why Mythlogic.com has the
    i7-2720QM 2.20GHz upgrade for only +$19.55 and other sellers +$160?

Unfortunately, Mythlogic total price is about $200 more (I'm guessing because of the included 4years warranty). Mythlogic, is there anyway to not include the warranty to lower the price?

Do you know when there might be other notebooks similar to NP5160 with ExpressCard, removable/upgradable mid GPU? Do you know where we can find service manual or internal pictures of NP5160.

Thanks so much.

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by wicked20 View Post
    Mythlogic and other NP5160 resellers,

Do you know why Mythlogic.com has the
    i7-2720QM 2.20GHz upgrade for only +$19.55 and other sellers +$160?

Unfortunately, Mythlogic total price is about $200 more (I'm guessing because of the included 4years warranty). Mythlogic, is there anyway to not include the warranty to lower the price?

Do you know when there might be other notebooks similar to NP5160 with ExpressCard, removable/upgradable mid GPU? Do you know where we can find service manual or internal pictures of NP5160.

Thanks so much.
    Our price difference is because we build them from scratch, so our pricinig is differen't which sometimes means we are a bit more and sometimes we are a bit cheaper and it allows us to have many more options for the laptops as we can use any compatible components. Also all of our components are all Kingston/Corsair/Seagate you won't find any a-data memory, or fujitsu or hitachi drives in our laptops. Yes we have a 4 year warranty with technical support. Also all our laptops are hand built and hand tested by us for over 72 hours before they ever get to you, using the same validation tools that intel uses when they prove their motherboards and cpu's as we are a direct Intel partner. So overall our component prices are a bit different and we put a lot of labor into building each machine to make sure that its ready to go, and we've done our best to kill it and then replace the failing components before we send it to you.

For internal pictures of the 5160, you can get the service manual for the 5135 which is the same model, but has the same connectors etc. You can get them from Clevo BIOS Thread that post if you want to see the internals.

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today!

Notebook Consultant

Thanks Myth,

So there are two Mini-cards mPCIe for ViDock?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gami...periences.html

1.Mini-Card Connector (3.5G Module)

4. Mini-Card Connector (WLAN Module)

I appreciate the high quality & warranty for the more expensie / higher heat models. I hope you will someday reconsider giving buyers an option for the lower cost options on these lower end models.

Many of us are light / low milelage users, with other PCs, smartphones, work PCs, especially with SSDs and much lower heat new processors wiil appreaciate the lower costs & quality.

Thanks.

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by wicked20 View Post
    Thanks Myth,

So there are two Mini-cards mPCIe for ViDock?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gami...periences.html

1.Mini-Card Connector (3.5G Module)

4. Mini-Card Connector (WLAN Module)

I appreciate the high quality & warranty for the more expensie / higher heat models. I hope you will someday reconsider giving buyers an option for the lower cost options on these lower end models.

Many of us are light / low milelage users, with other PCs, smartphones, work PCs, especially with SSDs and much lower heat new processors wiil appreaciate the lower costs & quality.

Thanks.
    No worries, completely understand, also note that on 2/20 cheaper processors will be out (Dual Core) so you might want to check back then as that will make them cheaper and cooler which would be perfect for those types of uses. The only unknown on that m-Pcie slot MIGHT be wired USB instead of pcie+usb like on the 5135 but we don't have confirmation of that until we get to touch one, as Clevo also uploaded the wrong manual for this model on the website, so we can't check there either

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today!

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by raphaelrabadan View Post
    I ordered one for my wife from lpc-digital for $800, here's the config:

On the default config i've changed the thermal compound and the wireless network card.

Edit.: I have a Seagate Momentus XT 500gb to put in this laptop.
    Question, what do you gain by swapping out the thermal compound? Is that more of an overclocking thing?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by bmrowe View Post
    Question, what do you gain by swapping out the thermal compound? Is that more of an overclocking thing?
    The hope is that your laptop runs a few degrees cooler at both idle and load... this tends to help not only overclockers, but the longevity of the laptop overall.

[ MYTHLOGIC Pollux 1411 (NP5160): 1920x1080 15.6" 95% Color Gamut Matte Screen | i7-2720QM | IC Diamond | 8GB RAM | Nvidia 540M 1GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Advanced-N 6230 ]

Notebook Guru

Sigh... now all we need is one of these with a proper MXM socket to handle a 6970m, BIOS switchable graphics and we're laughing.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by mythlogic View Post
    No i'm sorry, the video is soldered to the motherboard and is not upgradable.
    That's pretty sad :/
    However, is there a plan to allow other video cards in the future?
    Laptop : Envy 14 - i5-580 - 8 Gb - Radiance 1600x900
    Desktop : i7-920 - 6 Gb - HD6970
    Server : AMD X2 64 4200+ - 2 Gb

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by babyhemi View Post
    A confirmed note:
    NP5160 & NP5170 both units will have about 4:30m to 5hr of battery life.
    Which CPU is being quoted here for the battery life?
    MSI 1762 Barebones - 17.3 Full HD (1920x1080) Matte Screen - i7 3820QM - GTX680M - 16GB DDR3 1600 - Samsung 830 256GB SSD - 500GB 7,200HD - 4x Blu-Ray - Bigfoot 1202 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth - Win 7 X64 Ult

Notebook Retailer

Integrated video will give you 4.5~5 hours battery life.
    Donald@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating = 10/10 - Better Business Bureau A+ Rated