Quantcast **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge** - Page 15

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Quote Originally Posted by mythlogic View Post
    Yes yes it will, as the best dual-core is forcasted to be a bit cheaper than the 2630qm so yes yes it will be
    hurray i might just wait for the dual core then. but i wonder by how much you think like $750 with shipping? (no fhd, or upgrades everything left alone) and when will this be? because i was gonna get the acer 4820tg but this looks really good and the price for that is $735 which is my budget, i hope it will be the samish price. when you think it will come out late march/early april?

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    hurray i might just wait for the dual core then. but i wonder by how much you think like $750 with shipping? (no fhd, or upgrades everything left alone) and when will this be? because i was gonna get the acer 4820tg but this looks really good and the price for that is $735 which is my budget, i hope it will be the samish price. when you think it will come out late march/early april?
    It was supposed to drop 2/20, BUT because of the snafu they haven't set a new date yet. So yea late march early april is what we are currently working on. For pricing, yea you are looking at between a 15-125 cheaper price depending on what proc you pick. But that pricing is not set in stone obviously.

For some screen comparisons see this thread:

Visual Differences Between The Different Screen Options. Photos?

Note: The 5160 has the V.0 screen by default.
    Last edited by mythlogic; 5th February 2011 at 05:33 PM.

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today!

Notebook Consultant

Hello,

I bought an HP DV6 not long ago with an i7 SB which of course is affected. Performance wise this thing is a beast but with the low screen res, horrible keyboard layout and stiff track pad buttons I'm just going to return it and get something different when intel gets the new chips out.

I've been reading about Sager laptops and the NP5160 looks like an unbeatble deal with 1080p screen around $1,000. The layout of the keyboard, port placement and over design is exactly what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me if there are any disadvantages to buying a Sager laptop over a major brand like HP or Dell? Seems like the lifetime techsupport is a major plus.

Thank you!
    Sager NP8130 - Intel Core i7-2630QM, 15.6" 1080P Matte Screen, 1.5GB GTX 460m DDR5, 8GB DDR3, 500GB 7200RPM, Blu-Ray drive, Intel Advanced-N 6230, Windows 7 Home Premium

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by mythlogic View Post
    It was supposed to drop 2/20, BUT because of the snafu they haven't set a new date yet. So yea late march early april is what we are currently working on. For pricing, yea you are looking at between a 15-125 cheaper price depending on what proc you pick. But that pricing is not set in stone obviously.

For some screen comparisons see this thread:

Visual Differences Between The Different Screen Options. Photos?

Note: The 5160 has the V.0 screen by default.
    Is the V.1 the optional FHD 15.6" screen that most retailers are putting on this notebook?
    THE DAILY CUTE

Updated daily with a new cute picture of a dog, cat, or something else cute!

http://www.thedailycute.com

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by thatdaveguy View Post
    Is the V.1 the optional FHD 15.6" screen that most retailers are putting on this notebook?
    Sorry the B156HW01 V.0 is the default FHD screen on this model. The default 1366x768 screen is either a Chimei or an AUO depending on which one they put in.

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today!

Notebook Consultant

Is it possible or will it be possible to get the Sager NP5160 with an ATI video card? Looking at the specs it seems like the new ATI cards are better performers than the Nvidia cards that come in these machines.

Please let me know if I'm wrong on this or if there is a possibility that by the time they are selling laptops again it will be possible to order one with an ATI card in it.

Thanks
    Sager NP8130 - Intel Core i7-2630QM, 15.6" 1080P Matte Screen, 1.5GB GTX 460m DDR5, 8GB DDR3, 500GB 7200RPM, Blu-Ray drive, Intel Advanced-N 6230, Windows 7 Home Premium

Notebook Consultant

This is not possible because the 5160's graphics card is soldered onto the motherboard, therefore it is actually a part of the board itself (unlike the 8130 and 8150 which use MxM slots). Unless clevo decides to create entirely new motherboards just to change the graphics card, I would consider a different laptop if you are concerned about the gaming performance.

[ MYTHLOGIC Pollux 1411 (NP5160): 1920x1080 15.6" 95% Color Gamut Matte Screen | i7-2720QM | IC Diamond | 8GB RAM | Nvidia 540M 1GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Advanced-N 6230 ]

Notebook Enthusiast

Dear all,

I'm thinking of either the Sager NP8130 or NP5160 for my next laptop and I seek your opinion on which laptop will fit my needs better. The purpose of this laptop is for work and moderate gaming. The computer gaming function is only for 1 year + as I'll switch the gaming to my desktop once I have assembled it (waiting for LGA2011 and the PCIe 3.0).

For the games, I will be playing Call of Duty Black Ops, Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor (2010) and Dragonage I. So long as the games can run in medium-high details, I'll be happy.

The main concern that I have with the Sager NP5160 is the temperature control. There's 1 side exhaust vent which can potentially fry the surrounding ports and the front vents are strange....are the front vents exhaust or intake? If the front fan are exhaust type...then we will have hot air directed at us....not very comfortable?

Will I be better off with the NP8130??

Notebook Consultant

Well Ivan according to notebookcheck the 5160 can handle those games at medium to high settings, but notebookcheck has been wrong before

I've heard that the side vents are a bad thing because of the excess heat on the ports but this laptop will have lower thermals overall than an 8130 because the graphics card isn't nearly as power hungry as a 460. What does this mean for longevity of those ports I personally do not know. I would check with some 5125 or 5135 owners and see if their ports are failing.

Is battery life an important concern for you? If so, I'd definitely go with the 5160 because its alot more efficient and also lighter weight. If this is not much of a concern, you may want to just spring for the 8130.

[ MYTHLOGIC Pollux 1411 (NP5160): 1920x1080 15.6" 95% Color Gamut Matte Screen | i7-2720QM | IC Diamond | 8GB RAM | Nvidia 540M 1GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Advanced-N 6230 ]

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bhima View Post
    Well Ivan according to notebookcheck the 5160 can handle those games at medium to high settings, but notebookcheck has been wrong before

I've heard that the side vents are a bad thing because of the excess heat on the ports but this laptop will have lower thermals overall than an 8130 because the graphics card isn't nearly as power hungry as a 460. What does this mean for longevity of those ports I personally do not know. I would check with some 5125 or 5135 owners and see if their ports are failing.

Is battery life an important concern for you? If so, I'd definitely go with the 5160 because its alot more efficient and also lighter weight. If this is not much of a concern, you may want to just spring for the 8130.
    Thanks Bhima.

Yes, according to Notebook check...the laptop can play Call of Duty Black Ops on a high setting but I'm kind of skeptical especially when it uses GDDR3 and not the newer GDDR5 VRAM.

But will upgrading the CPU to a i7-2720QM or a i7-2830QM help to balance out a not so powerful GPU for gaming? I think the most important factor for me now is a smooth experience regardless of detail settings. I say this as I've tried to play Fallout: New Vegas on my 2010 MacBook Pro with Core i7-620M and a GT330M. The game lagged at times even on a low setting. So what I need most is a smooth gaming experience...I can accept lower detail settings.

Battery life is not a concern for me since I'm a graduate student in university with my own desk.

Thanks for the advice on the side exhaust + ports issue. I will read up on those models that you mentioned.