Quantcast **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge** - Page 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Oh that sucks. I just ordered a Sager NP5160 a week ago. So this is going to be delayed further? I thought it only affected the P67 chipset?

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim View Post
    Oh that sucks. I just ordered a Sager NP5160 a week ago. So this is going to be delayed further? I thought it only affected the P67 chipset?
    Nope, its all 6 Series chipsets.

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today! We do have QHD+ For the Chaos 1313-A (W230SS)

Notebook Enthusiast

It might only be the P67 according to engadget: Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw, shipments stopped and recalls beginning -- Engadget

Update: Jimmy sent us a chat log with an Intel customer service representative indicating that this recall only affects "some desktop boards based on Intel P67 chipset," that the H67 chipset boards appear to not be affected, but that the company doesn't have a comprehensive list yet. We've certainly seen cases where CSRs don't have all the info in this sort of situation, but still we'd advise waiting a bit before tearing your new mobo out and bringing it back to the store.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see what intel finally decides to recall...

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by tim.sloane View Post
    It might only be the P67 according to engadget: Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw, shipments stopped and recalls beginning -- Engadget

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what intel finally decides to recall...
    Its all the 6 series, H(M)65 P(M)67 Q(M)67 thats from our intel rep and their internal documentation.

MYTHLOGIC Truly Custom | Performance | Computers | sales@mythlogic.com | (800) 735-2515 | 3% Cash or Mil Discount
    And of course all laptops come with:
    Exclusive MYTH Features, FREE IC Diamond, FREE LCD Calibration, and of course our industry leading testing and warranty! | See our paint and wrap galleries | Configure your's today! We do have QHD+ For the Chaos 1313-A (W230SS)

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mythlogic View Post
    Its all the 6 series, H(M)65 P(M)67 Q(M)67 thats from our intel rep and their internal documentation.
    OK, your rep should know more than a CSR Thanks for the details.

Notebook Consultant

@Roastedpork
    Quote Originally Posted by roastedpork View Post
    Sorry, I meant the matte desktop monitors?

All of these: CNET's best IPS and PVA monitors - CNET Reviews
    This one: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4070/d...-inch-flagship
    also, this one: http://www.eizo.com/global/products/...62w/index.html
    and the Apple 30" Cinema display: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=2

In fact, go to this link and check all the IPS panels:
    http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

Pretty much every large format IPS panel except for the 24" and 27" iMacs are matte finish. The 20.5" IPS dell monitor that I am typing this post on is also matte. So yeah, the majority of the best desktop screens made have matte finishes.
    Last edited by Bhima; 1st February 2011 at 11:31 PM.

[ MYTHLOGIC Pollux 1411 (NP5160): 1920x1080 15.6" 95% Color Gamut Matte Screen | i7-2720QM | IC Diamond | 8GB RAM | Nvidia 540M 1GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Advanced-N 6230 ]

Notebook Enthusiast

Perhaps this question has been answered, if you order the 51XX or 81XX with an optical drive, does is still come with the swappable HDD caddy? Or does that need to be ordered separately? I have that on my Sager 5320 and would hope to get it on a new laptop so I can run SSD/HDD combo.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ludditus View Post
    Perhaps this question has been answered, if you order the 51XX or 81XX with an optical drive, does is still come with the swappable HDD caddy? Or does that need to be ordered separately? I have that on my Sager 5320 and would hope to get it on a new laptop so I can run SSD/HDD combo.
    Do you mean order it with the optical drive and no second HDD for the optical bay? That's what I did, and I had to email them (XoticPC) and add a caddy onto the order. IIRC it cost $40 + shipping.

Notebook Retailer

Ordering the HDD caddy for the ODD Bay is an option for Sager models now, you will see it on the Customizer.

If you just want a caddy, you would have to buy that separately, but Sager does not offer it as a stand alone item. You would have to find another supplier for it...Google is your best friend for that. But, beware of the cheap ones...spend a few more dollars and get a good one...(hint...www.newmodeus.com)
    Donald@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating = 10/10 - Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

Notebook Enthusiast

Thanks, I saw the option for "no Optical drive" but I guess what I am looking for is an optical drive plus a caddy. Sounds like that should be a possibility, though.

Any guesses whether a caddy for NP5320 (which I already have) would fit the 5160? I think that one was a SATA connection.

This looks like the exact laptop for me as I definitely wanted switchable graphics. Now I guess I just have to wait for Intel to fix their debacle.