Quantcast **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge** - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 161 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1601
  1. #91
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    768
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    I understand the machine is running off the IGP to get the extended time, what I want to know is the machine using a Quad or Dual CPU to get the 4.5-5 hours of run time. It will make a difference which one is being quoted for the time.
    MSI 1762 Barebones - 17.3” Full HD (1920x1080) Matte Screen - i7 3820QM - GTX680M - 16GB DDR3 1600 - Samsung 830 256GB SSD - 500GB 7,200HD - 4x Blu-Ray - Bigfoot 1202 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth - Win 7 X64 Ult

  2. #92
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    The sandy bridge currently listed are 45W and above, see here.

    So their power usage will be about the same as 1st gen quad i7 , such as the i7-720.

    I am waiting for the release of the 25 and 35W sandy bridges to check their benchmarks, they should have a significantly longer battery life.
    Last edited by lammah; 26th January 2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Laptop : Envy 14 - i5-580 - 8 Gb - Radiance 1600x900
    Desktop : i7-920 - 6 Gb - HD6970
    Server : AMD X2 64 4200+ - 2 Gb

  3. #93
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Quote Originally Posted by othonda View Post
    I understand the machine is running off the IGP to get the extended time, what I want to know is the machine using a Quad or Dual CPU to get the 4.5-5 hours of run time. It will make a difference which one is being quoted for the time.
    Doesn't it have to be the Quad core Sandy-Bridges that are being used? For one, the quad cores are the only CPUs being offered with this model, and for two, I don't believe the dual core Sandy Bridge is out yet.

  4. #94
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    768
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Quote Originally Posted by madwildcat View Post
    Doesn't it have to be the Quad core Sandy-Bridges that are being used? For one, the quad cores are the only CPUs being offered with this model, and for two, I don't believe the dual core Sandy Bridge is out yet.
    Not necessarily, since this laptop will support both duals and quads, the factory testing will have validated both types. For the resellers to quote numbers they have to get back to Sager or Clevo, so the numbers they get could be from either class of CPU’s. Not from just what you could buy now.
    MSI 1762 Barebones - 17.3” Full HD (1920x1080) Matte Screen - i7 3820QM - GTX680M - 16GB DDR3 1600 - Samsung 830 256GB SSD - 500GB 7,200HD - 4x Blu-Ray - Bigfoot 1202 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth - Win 7 X64 Ult

  5. #95
    Notebook Retailer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,204
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    The 4.5~5 hour battery life quote is from actual testing using Sandy Bridge Quads and the integrated video.

    Testing with the discrete card is not done because there are just too many variables of use, and therefore the battery life will vary widely. However you should expect, given proper settings to maximize battery life, the most important of which is to have your screen brightness turned down as much as possible and still have it comfortable to read, you should see something in the range of 2~2.5 or more hours given normal computing tasks. For gaming, cut it in half.
    Donald@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

    Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating = 10/10 - Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

  6. #96
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Can you tell me what version of memory is used for the 540m graphic card? Clevo website says GDDR3 but that does not seem to be an option according to:
    NotebookCheck Specs
    According to that, only GDDR5 and DDR3 are available.
    ---------------------------
    I need a gaming laptop!
    ---------------------------

  7. #97
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    768
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Quote Originally Posted by paladin44 View Post
    The 4.5~5 hour battery life quote is from actual testing using Sandy Bridge Quads and the integrated video.

    Testing with the discrete card is not done because there are just too many variables of use, and therefore the battery life will vary widely. However you should expect, given proper settings to maximize battery life, the most important of which is to have your screen brightness turned down as much as possible and still have it comfortable to read, you should see something in the range of 2~2.5 or more hours given normal computing tasks. For gaming, cut it in half.
    Nice! So with a 35W Dual (I am thinking the i5 2520) we should see a solid battery life north of 5 hours.
    MSI 1762 Barebones - 17.3” Full HD (1920x1080) Matte Screen - i7 3820QM - GTX680M - 16GB DDR3 1600 - Samsung 830 256GB SSD - 500GB 7,200HD - 4x Blu-Ray - Bigfoot 1202 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth - Win 7 X64 Ult

  8. #98
    Notebook Retailer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,309
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Just from Sager:

    Sager NP5160 delayed till middle of Feb’11, due to manufacturing setbacks

  9. #99
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin@XoticPC View Post
    Just from Sager:
    Does this affect all sager/clevo resellers? I'm not sure how the whole business works.

  10. #100
    Notebook Retailer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,309
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: **Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

    Yes, that is correct.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1