Quantcast XoticPC Review

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: XoticPC Review

Notebook Enthusiast

Default XoticPC Review

I made a Sager/Clevo laptop purchase from XoticPC at the beginning of May. My order was placed quite smoothly without much hassle and it took about two weeks until it was received. I feel that's a very acceptable time frame given that the new Ivy bridge processors and things had just been released. I think buying anything expensive like this makes it feel almost like a second Christmas when it's delivered to your house. There's definitely a certain level of happiness you want to receive from the product. Unfortunately after using it for a couple days I decided it wasn't "the one" for me and not what I specifically wanted in a laptop. Which meant I had to do the dreaded return process of a company.

Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised at how well the return actually went. Helping me along the way was Michael at XoticPC, I'd definitely recommend trying to get a hold of him if you have any sort of issue as he's probably the best person I communicated with during my entire experience with the company. If I had to complain about anything it would be about me having to pay the shipping for the return. Any repair for your laptop is supposed to get free shipping but I guess not a return which seems a little odd. Overall though I thank XoticPC and Michael specifically for helping me through each step and getting everything sorted out. I really appreciated the professionalism and kindness of the company. I'd absolutely recommend XoticPC if you're considering a new purchase!

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: XoticPC Review

Paying return is common for a return of merchandise. It is acceptable as well, its you who did not want the device not a fault of the manufacturer.

Glad to hear though, the return policy is not only advertised, but fully supported as well. Cudos Xotic.
    Exmortis aka "Scott"
    Desktop: - i7-2600k 4.2OC / 16GB 2133Mhz / ASUS Maximus V Gene / Revo 3 240GB / Vertex 3 240GB / ASUS VE 24x27x24L Eyefinity / MSI 7970 Lightning / Velocirapter 600GB / 850AX Gold / 600T White / Z-5450 5.1 / Win7 x64
    Mythlogic Nyx1712: - i7-3610QM / 16GB 1600MHz / 512GB M4 / 500GB 7200.12 / 7970m / 72% Matte Screen / 6x BDROM / Killer 1202 / Win8 x64
    Pathfinder Laptop: - MSI GT735 / Turion64 x2 / 4GB / ATI3850 512mb / Agility 120GB / win7 x64 / HeroLab

Notebook Retailer

Hello Friends-

Thank you for your kind words Composer. It was my pleasure to serve you and make your experience with Xotic PC a good one. Onward and Upward!

Cheers
    MS

Notebook Virtuoso

Never mind.
    Last edited by J.Dre; 10th October 2012 at 09:51 AM.

xoticpc.com is crap!!! I received my computer in almost "beat up" condition and yet they claimed it's brand new. There were scratches on the LCD screen and the back tray looks like it has been torn apart. I immediately requested a full refund. Instead of a full refund like I had expected, they took off 10% of refunded price. And what's worse is that they made up some bull excuses saying that it was my fault for not receiving the computer in that condition...like ? for what ever valid and logical reason you give them, they will throw it back at you and blame everything fault on you to avoid giving you a full refund. Very untrustworthy and very unprofessional. I would highly not recommend anyone using this fraudulant company unless you are absolutely sure you want to deal with computers that comes all scratched up and not receiving a full refund after you legitimately stated your case.

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by theviith View Post
    xoticpc.com is crap!!! I received my computer in almost "beat up" condition and yet they claimed it's brand new. There were scratches on the LCD screen and the back tray looks like it has been torn apart. I immediately requested a full refund. Instead of a full refund like I had expected, they took off 10% of refunded price. And what's worse is that they made up some bull excuses saying that it was my fault for not receiving the computer in that condition...like ? for what ever valid and logical reason you give them, they will throw it back at you and blame everything fault on you to avoid giving you a full refund. Very untrustworthy and very unprofessional. I would highly not recommend anyone using this fraudulant company unless you are absolutely sure you want to deal with computers that comes all scratched up and not receiving a full refund after you legitimately stated your case.
    Hello, I'm very sorry to hear of this situation. Would you be able to email me directly your order information so I can take a look into this case for you?

I can assure you that we're not in the business of being fraudulent and delivering damaged products as I'm sure many others on here can attest to. We always strive to deliver quality products that have gone through our thorough testing. If you can provide me these details to look into your order I'll see what I can uncover for you. In either case, I again am sorry to hear of the issue and look forward to helping you out.

Notebook Guru

Angry Re: XoticPC Review

Requested an RMA from XoticPC 5 days ago, was promised one with 24-48 hours. After 48 hours and no RMA I called them again. Was promised an RMA "soon." Two days alter, still no RMA, nor explanation as to why.

Called the, "24 hour support line (Monday - Friday)", Friday night. It doesn't seem to be manned 24 hours on Monday through Friday like the website says.

Anyway, I bought an Asus laptop from XoticPC two and a half years ago. It now needs an out of warranty repair on the DC power in jack. I contacted XoticPC and asked where to start the process, they directed me to Asus' website. I called Asus and was informed by them that they won't repair my laptop because of the non-factory upgrades installed at Xotic PC (which are CPU, RAM, HD). I asked to speak to a supervisor, who confirmed the policy.

So now I have to send the laptop back to XoticPC at my expense so they can remove the upgraded parts and reinstall the original parts, then wait for them to do that, then pay again for them to send to Asus, then after Asus fixes and returns to XoticPC I have to wait yet again for XoticPC to remove the standard parts and reinstall the original upgrades, and then pay yet again for them to ship back to me.

That's 3 shipping fees, instead of just one to Asus, and weeks of additional repair time. And that's on top of waiting for XoticPC to actually issue an RMA, which I have not got yet.

I was not informed prior to buying this laptop of this lengthy, convoluted, and very expensive repair process.

XoticPC is aware that Asus won't repair laptops sold by XoticPC with anything other than standard Asus factory components, yet does not inform potential customers. Had I known, I would have bought something different. Had I know that it would take a week just to get an RMA from XoticPC, I would have done business elsewhere entirely.

I have bought 4 very expensive laptops from XoticPC over the years, and was going to order a small from factor gaming PC from them this summer. Not anymore. I will taking my business elsewhere in the future.

Notebook Retailer

Travesty,

I did look into your RMA request and it appears that the RMA was released within 2 business days. It was requested on Monday and was released on Wednesday of the same week after your support representative asked if we could help with the out of warranty repairs. We do not normally facilitate out of warranty repairs with ASUS but if requested, we are more than happy to help out. ASUS was likely giving you wrong information as I personally have sent custom machines in for repairs, they just will not repair any of the custom parts that are not theirs They have also misplaced custom components as well so we do state on our website in the warranty section that it is highly recommended to send to us first so we can facilitate the repairs just as any oother ASUS reseller that modifies the original configuration. If their is anything else I can do to help, please feel free to PM me and I can look further into your case to see if their is any alternative to avoid the shipping costs.

Notebook Guru

After you contacted me on Saturday I doubled checked my email inbox, spam folder, and deleted folder. I did not receive the RMA you sent Wednesday. However I do have the one you re-sent Saturday.

As far as your policy about not facilitating out of warranty repairs with Asus, it seems to be a contradiction. On one hand you say, "We do not normally facilitate out of warranty repairs with ASUS...", then in the same paragraph you say, "it is highly recommended to send to us first so we can facilitate the repairs..."

As far as Asus possibly giving me wrong information, I couldn't say one way or the other since I do not deal with them enough to know what their normal polices are. I only know what both the Asus support rep and his supervisor told me.

All that aside, the laptop is on the way back to you per our telecon. I appreciate your efforts in this matter.

Notebook Retailer

To clarify, when I was speaking of highly recommending sending to us first, I was speaking of laptops still under ASUS warranty Also to point out that

I was not informed prior to buying this laptop of this lengthy, convoluted, and very expensive repair process
    was not the case as we list this procedure on our website under the ASUS warranty section. We are very open about any policies and try to be as transparent as possible. I am personally going to help get this expedited and hopefully get resolved for less than the ASUS repair and quicker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast