Quantcast PowerNotebooks Review

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default PowerNotebooks Review

official site - Custom Laptops by PowerNotebooks.comô - Custom Built Gaming Laptop Computers

I proudly admit I am a Pain in the A.. customer, especially when it comes to high dollar purchases like houses, auto's and especially a high end mostly gaming notebook. I NEED a house and car I do not NEED a high end notebook so I'm a stickler for getting exactly what I want.

Donald and the Staff at powernotebooks provided me with exceptional sales service and support throughout the buying process. They were usually there with fairly quick responses to all of my questions, and the worse case scenario's I was provided with an answer by the next business day. Although Donald is sometimes very hard to get in contact with over the phone, his knowledge and email responses helped to offset that.

The only issues I had were the same as most people here is with the wait time on the new sagers, which is beyond powernotebooks, xotic, malibal or any other resellers control. I originally ordered a PowerPro/MSI 17" and it was shipped out and received extremely fast. I didn't like the SteelSeries keyboard layout so I sent it back but that experience leads me to believe this is simply a new model release issue especially if you ordered the 7970.

So far I haven't needed any support with the NP9170 so I reserve judgement on customer service and hopefully I will never need them.

Overall my experience with powernotebooks is very positive and I would highly recommend them for your notebook buying needs.

Money Saving tip: Check all the vendor websites, Check these forums and verify you have every last available Sager promotion applied to your order.
    Sager NP9170 | I7-3720QM 2.6 | NVIDIA GTX 675M | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | Crucial 256GB M4 SSD | Seagate 750GB XT NCQ Hybrid | Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N | 72% NTSC Matte Display | 6x Blu-Ray Burner | Cool Master U3

Like...duuuuuude

Default Re: PowerNotebooks Review

Good to hear You've definitely done your homework when it comes to purchasing a Sager

Mr. Mysterious
    "When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it." - Ezio Auditore

Sager NP8130
    Sager NP 9130/9150 FAQ
    Clevo Guide V3.0

Brand New: Samsung Series 9 900X3C 13.3" Ultrabook

Notebook Deity

Wait, you returned the MSI because you didn't like the KB layout and bought a P170EM instead? The layouts are identical.
    18 months of research and finally a new laptop! Ordered 4/29/12, shipped 5/30/12, arrived 6/6/12-
    Mythlogic pollux 1612/Clevo P150EM |95% gamut matte |3720QM |675m |2x4GB@1600Mhz |2x500GB in RAID0 |Intel 6235 |
    will eventually upgrade to: |3860QM |7970m |4x8GB@1600Mhz |2x1TB@5400RPM in RAID0 |Killer 1202 |Steelseries keyboard |
    Undead Frankenstein laptop: IBM thinkpad T4?
    Reluctant backup browser: a 3DS

de_dust2

Quote Originally Posted by E.Blar View Post
    Wait, you returned the MSI because you didn't like the KB layout and bought a P170EM instead? The layouts are identical.
    Some would suggest so haha, oh well