Quantcast razer edge pro refresh or razer blade?

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Evangelist

Default razer edge pro refresh or razer blade?

I realize that they are not quite comparable but I thought I would ask here. Is it worth giving up the tablet mode for the larger screen resolution and better GPU? I would think the weights (edge pro+keyboard dock) would be close. Not certain about battery life for both?

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: razer edge pro refresh or razer blade?

It depends on your usage since they serve different purposes. I use both a Blade R1 and an edge (and a bunch of other things that I won't mention). I love surfing the net at work on the 17 inch screen. I tried using the Edge with the dock at work and it just didn't work for me. I got tired of squinting at the 10 inch 1366 screen (using a keyboard and mouse). Now when I'm home, my Blade almost never gets used and I mostly use the Edge. With the gamepad, I can play games in places that would never be possible for me with the Blade. I'm not sure about the battery life of the Blade r3 but I get about 3 hours on my blade. I use my Edge for strictly gaming and I can get around 2 hours of playtime using the extended battery in the gamepad.
    Last edited by thetruth1983; 27th June 2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Home Rig: i7-3770k @ 4.4 GHZ | Maximus V Extreme | 2x EVGA 780 FTW SLI | Xonar Phoebus sound card | Antec HCP-1200 PSU | Nvidia Surround 3

Mobile Rig: Razer Edge Pro | i7-3517U | 8gb DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Notebook Evangelist

Thanks. Iooked more carefully at the Blade specs and noticed no ethernet port. That tends to eliminate the Blade for now. I still would like to hear more opinions since the Edge refresh is not imminent.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Thanks. Iooked more carefully at the Blade specs and noticed no ethernet port.
    I use these, cheap and performance is very good, about 80MB/s file copies across gigabit ether:

Amazon.com : Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Adapter in Black (Asix AX88179 Chipset) : Computers & Accessories

I believe they are the same adapters used by Razer at E3.

Notebook Evangelist

Thanks for that information.