Comments on Profile Post by ChrisSky

1. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    Yes the model number you are asking for will actually be able to support 9th gen cpus. The bios is coming soon for this device and a couple of others. And yes @dsanke edits the bios I’m solely responsible for making it publicly free.
    Apr 1, 2019
  2. ChrisSky
    ChrisSky
    Another question :
    -after i installed the coffee lake (gen 8) mod will it able still support previous gen (sky/kaby lake)?
    -after i installed another coffee lake refresh will it able still support previous gen (kaby/sky) and included coffee lake modded?
    Apr 1, 2019
  3. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    Yes and yes but it’s better to go with the bios which matches the processor generation.

If it’s an 8th gen cpu go with the coffee lake bios.
    If it’s a 9th gen cpu go with the Coffee Lake Refresh Bios.

The 9th gen bios causes limitations in 6 and 7th gen cpus where as the 8th gen bios works flawlessly with 7th gen and 6th gen with NO limitations
    Apr 1, 2019
  4. ChrisSky
    ChrisSky
    Interesting so you telling me that if you installed gen8 then gen 6 & 7 still working right?
    Apr 1, 2019
  5. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    Yes indeed
    Apr 2, 2019
  6. ChrisSky
    ChrisSky
    About the gop version since mine is w650kk1 do i have check it before I install the gen 8 bios?
    Apr 2, 2019
  7. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    Yes you still do, the gop version is not limited to mxm only.
    Apr 2, 2019
  8. ChrisSky
    ChrisSky
    So how do i check it?
    Apr 3, 2019
  9. ChrisSky
    ChrisSky
    oh wait nevermind i see it , so it said error since mine is using bios instead UEFI so i can skip the 'Gop version' processing right?
    Apr 3, 2019