Comments on Profile Post by africanleopard

1. Galm
    Galm
    It’s not that I don’t have time to do another guide it’s just that this generation is a disgrace. The guide would be like 1/10th as long. Almost everything throttles.

If you’re in the U.S. you can get the GM501GS from a reseller and pay more for a longer warranty if you want. The GE63 seems like a decent option but will probably want a repaste.
    Sep 6, 2018
  2. africanleopard
    africanleopard
    Sorry for the duplicate post :O. I must say I agree with you. I am in Canada, so we don't really have resellers here that do repasting. The GS63 looked like nice machine, but has a smaller SSD and a GTX1060 (seems to run cooler). I don't remember having so much trouble choosing a gaming laptop in the past.
    Sep 6, 2018
  3. Galm
    Galm
    The GS63 is a last gen machine. The GE63 can have up to a 1070.
    Sep 6, 2018
  4. africanleopard
    africanleopard
    My apologies - I should have clarified. I was referring to the GS63 Stealth 8RE - its the poor step child ;-) of the GS65 - lol.
    Sep 6, 2018
  5. Galm
    Galm
    So essentially that's a bit hard to recommend. It's a 7th gen cpu. A while ago that wouldn't be that bad, but both 8th gen cpus and 10 series gpus are going to be outdated in likely a few months. There could be something better for less we don't know.
    Sep 6, 2018